New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

We Can Fix It - RoboCop3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

cobrahunter187
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: If there's nothing to say then dont say anything

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
cobrahunter187 :
Lol @Zentron with the multiple times you said robocop 3 josh's ball is gonna be like hammered...

Please.....stop.....

Was pretty funny tho

RB 202

Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
Johnson mentioned it in R2 and that they were getting heat from Robo being offline. Same would happen if it would be open that Robo cant do anything to OCP guys no matter what they do

Nonetheless, the fact remains that Robo and OCP are mutually dependant. If Robocop or Lazarus was to expose OCP and cause them to want to get rid of them, they would be left without funds to keep him going.
Furthermore... are we really sure directive 4 is illegal? I mean, Robocop has essentially the same civil status as a police car, and even if he was legally considered a police officer, I don't think there's any laws about what you can program one to do or not do (due to the fact that before him there were no programmable policemen). The lawiers would have a field day.

KidGoesWild :
One of Robo's directives is Uphold the law, a rule which he has throughout the movie, yet he breaks it time after time, whether its burning the rehab headquarters or joining people outside the law who by the law should surrender and give up their homes. If they break the law, theyre not innocent in the eye of law.

Now THAT is a good point. Robocop 3 shows the fourth directive being deleted but not the other three, yet Robo manages to go rogue and join the squatters in their unlawful activities. There's a definite plot hole.

KidGoesWild :
As Kershner said, the point of him loosing directives is to show that even tho he doesnt have to do it anymore (which is the case when he has directives), he still stays and chooses to do his duty

To that I can agree.

KidGoesWild :
Why keep quiet? He told what the directive is in R1 once he found out what it is.

I meant to the press/authorities etc.

KidGoesWild :
It was illegal therefore secret in R1, thats why when it was uncovered it was taken down.

Personally, I always assumed Jones had kept it secret because Morton wouldn't allow his project to be easily disposable by him.

KidGoesWild :
It was missing in R2. Then when he got hundreds of new directives and found out he can erase them, he chose to risk his own life to take them down. He rathered die than live with those directives he disliked. Now THATS Murphy.

Those directives were driving him nuts. That's a bit more severe than a mere dislike.
And again, I don't think it would be very practical for him to keep electrocuting himself every time the fourth directive is put back in. Especially because, as I said, OCP would probably end up adding a don't electrocute yourself fifth directive.

RB 454

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote

Duke Serkol :

Nonetheless, the fact remains that Robo and OCP are mutually dependant.

So are Detroit cops

Quote:
If Robocop or Lazarus was to expose OCP and cause them to want to get rid of them, they would be left without funds to keep him going.

yet the cops striking didnt cause cutting all the funds and closing in the police department. It would be an outrage, just like taking down robocop because he wouldnt hold an illegal directive. Government and FBI would step in. And again, public relations where extremely important for OCP

And dont forget robocop off the streets was crucial for OCP plan and absolute control. He was great in what he was doing and they needed chaos and new robocop. Yet even then they couldnt leave him offline cause they knew the public would eat them up. They sure wouldnt keep him offline if it got out what directive 4 is. They would probably apologize, blame someone for putting it in without their knowledge and erase it

Quote:
Furthermore... are we really sure directive 4 is illegal? I mean, Robocop has essentially the same civil status as a police car, and even if he was legally considered a police officer, I don't think there's any laws about what you can program one to do or not do (due to the fact that before him there were no programmable policemen). The lawiers would have a field day.

It doesnt matter who he is. The fact remains his directives says that people from one certain corporation can steal, murder and rape but no one else can. OCP doesnt rule the world, thats why they keep their dirt in secret and behind the close doors. Thats why all the lies for the media, thats why the directive was classified

Quote:
KidGoesWild :
It was illegal therefore secret in R1, thats why when it was uncovered it was taken down.

Personally, I always assumed Jones had kept it secret because Morton wouldn't allow his project to be easily disposable by him.

Morton knew about it. He double checked if its there whispering and upclose and made sure its clssified

Quote:

Those directives were driving him nuts. That's a bit more severe than a mere dislike.

The point was that they were restricting him from being him, restricting him from actions. Thats what D4 did

Quote:
And again, I don't think it would be very practical for him to keep electrocuting himself every time the fourth directive is put back in.

Im not talking about electrocution. Im talking about telling everyone he has an illegal program in, tell lazarus to get rid of it, go to the media, do something to take it out. And knowing what it is and what an outrage it would ("should" in R3) cause it shouldnt be a problem taking it out

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quote

We're repeating ourselves now, so I guess we'll just ahve to agree to disagree.
Simply put, you seem to have more trust concerning Robocop's version of America than I do (the way I see it, in Robo's world it's not just OCP that is corrupt but pretty much everything all the way up to the government).

However...
KidGoesWild :
Morton knew about it. He double checked if its there whispering and upclose and made sure its clssified

What?? I don't remember that! What whispering and upclose do you speak of?

RB 454

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote

When it came to directives, Morton quieted down and leaned very close to Robo. Asked him quietly what are his directives and waited very serious. For me it always meant he knows theres directive IV but wanted to make sure he doesnt say it out loud

RB 525

Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote

That's just an assumption, though.

Morton hops away to celebrate before Robocop has even time to contemplate the "Directive 4: Classified" line.

RB 454

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote

Well he waited till hes done and said its good but yes, thats just an impression Ive got, nothing confirmed

RB 525

boredom29
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote

I always took it that morton would agree to directive 4, only for the sake of his own vices, morton loved cocaine, hookers, etc.

RB 37

omnicorp
R-L4

R-L4

Comment: We've got the future under control

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote

I just watched Robocop 3 ............
I cried ...........
The music is its only saving grace !
XSad

RB 171

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard