New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Which Robocop games you like ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nindo
R-L5

R-L5

Comment: Cops don't like me, so I don't like cops.

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:59 pm Reply with quote

among the robocop games i played, i can mention :

-robocop 2 on arcade (for reasons of censorship, not justified, prefer the Japanese version)

-the robocop vs terminator games on the sega consoles (genesis/megadrive, master system and game gear)

-and robocop 1 on arcade, although it is ultra hard because 1 coin , it is 1 life only

RB 362

Eric
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote

Robo 1 arcade is still the best though very difficult in the later levels.
Favourite home version is the 8-bit Amstrad and Spectrum computer versions.

http://youtu.be/BDa7h2vrg0k

RB 311

game-pad transformers-optimus AirWolf-Logo STH-Sonic ghostbusters-badge
ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: I am RoboAnt!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote

Archive :
My favorite is the first arcade game. As far as I'm concerned it's pretty much perfection.

First arcade game for me even though those OCP levels were impossible!

RB 2922

cake
Skeith
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Robocop - He Is Only Human... He Is Alex Murphy

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote

For me the best ones were on NES.
Sega had it's share as well with Robocop VS Terminator and Robocop 3 (one of the hardest games I played back then. Took me a lot of hair to beat but it I was sooo excited when I did it)

RB 120

Silicon Knight
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:23 pm Reply with quote

Robocop: The Arcade Game - Simply classic. The home conversions by Ocean were very good too. This and Batman 1989 (by Ocean on computers and Sunsoft on consoles) are among the finest movie licenced games ever.

Robocop 2: The Arcade - Pretty good. I love that it also includes the final scene from the first movie.

Robocop Vs. Terminator (Mega Drive). Arguably the best Robocop game, a great Arcade style shooter. Despite borrowing its name and basic plot from the comic, the first 5 stages feel like playing in the first two Robocop movies. One of the few cases where the Sega version is very different, and better, than SNES.

Robocop 3 (SNES, Mega Drive): I played it on Mega Drive as a kid. Not a great game, it pales in comparison to RvT, but I've seen worse. Fun for a while. The Sega version had inferior graphics than SNES, but was much more playable and arguably had better music.[/b]

RB 248

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote

Silicon Knight :
Robocop: The Arcade Game - Simply classic. The home conversions by Ocean were very good too. This and Batman 1989 (by Ocean on computers and Sunsoft on consoles) are among the finest movie licenced games ever.

Robocop 2: The Arcade - Pretty good. I love that it also includes the final scene from the first movie.

Robocop Vs. Terminator (Mega Drive). Arguably the best Robocop game, a great Arcade style shooter. Despite borrowing its name and basic plot from the comic, the first 5 stages feel like playing in the first two Robocop movies. One of the few cases where the Sega version is very different, and better, than SNES.

I think I agree with Silicon. But Iīm more used to the SNES version of Robo Vs. Terminator.

I played the Game Boy games on emulators and they are painful. The best one is the RoboCop, I enjoyed that. But RoboCop 2 looks like the Darkman videogame with different characters. Also, itīs hard, Robo moves worse than Fletcher and Murphy canīt stand a "Ying-Yang symbol" (on the second level thereīs a balloon or some crappy thing like that which looks like a ying-yang symbol. If you touch it, youīre dead).

Tried RoboCop Vs. Terminator (hard as well and boring and painful to play) and the Game Boy Colour one (which isnīt like a platform one like the others, so the sprites are crappy and again, the whole thing is boring).

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote

16-bit RoboCop 3 is nothing to me but a sanity-breaker. On both SNES and Genesis that bastard is difficult to play, slow, and relentless. I can't fucking stand it. Neither are what I would ever consider 'fun'.

RvsT for either of those - now you've got a good RoboCop game. I find the Genesis version more fun and playable but it gets damn repetitive later on. SNES version is more fulfilling but somewhat harder. Both are quite good to me though.

RoboCop 3 for NES is also pretty awesome, though rather short.

Haven't yet had a chance to try any of the Arcade versions yet.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Silicon Knight
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :

I think I agree with Silicon. But Iīm more used to the SNES version of Robo Vs. Terminator.

I played the Game Boy games on emulators and they are painful. The best one is the RoboCop, I enjoyed that. But RoboCop 2 looks like the Darkman videogame with different characters. Also, itīs hard, Robo moves worse than Fletcher and Murphy canīt stand a "Ying-Yang symbol" (on the second level thereīs a balloon or some crappy thing like that which looks like a ying-yang symbol. If you touch it, youīre dead).

Tried RoboCop Vs. Terminator (hard as well and boring and painful to play) and the Game Boy Colour one (which isnīt like a platform one like the others, so the sprites are crappy and again, the whole thing is boring).

To be fair, the SNES version of RvT had some cool things not on the MD (like the lighting effects, the sound of Robocop's walking, a certain boss fight and a pseudo-3D mode 7 stage).

The 8-bit Nintendo games... never played them on a real console (only emulators with save states). They have a reputation for being very difficult.

Stan The Man :
16-bit RoboCop 3 is nothing to me but a sanity-breaker. On both SNES and Genesis that bastard is difficult to play, slow, and relentless. I can't fucking stand it. Neither are what I would ever consider 'fun'.

Yeah, both versions are the definition of a mediocre and forgettable licenced game. To be fair, though, the Genesis port (which was released later) was faster and easier, hence it could be a little "fun". It was like the developers heard the complaints about the SNES original and corrected them (slow Robocop, no checkpoints, few pick-ups that could be accidentally shot by the player, overlong and bullet hell flying sequences etc). The Genesis was still not a great game by any means, but not Last Action Hero material either!

RB 248

gowett
The Creator of River Rouge!

O-L5*

Comment: OCP Your Only Choice!

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote

I kind of liked Robocop Titus Game!

RB 13

Batman89 batman-joker STH-Sonic
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quote

Bah, first R3, now Titus. oh dear I wait for somebody to say R2 NES was their favorite - then I will be so filled with disbelief my journey to the dark side will be complete. Twisted Evil

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:41 am Reply with quote

RoboCop 1 and 2 on the arcade. I never got to play the machines though, so I gave a lot of my thanks to MAME. RoboCop 1 and 3 on the C64 had awesome chiptune music, even if those games were okay. Oh yeah, RoboCop Vs the Terminator on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis was fucking awesome! I loved playing the hell out of that game, the music was awesome, the levels were nice and the bosses and weapons were really creative and tight!...ok, the last boss with the endoskeleton was a bit weak, but other than that, it was a great game!

I couldn't get around playing the NES games...and R Vs T on NES was god-awful! I don't even want to talk about that garbage.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Term180
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: "My Neo Kobe Pizza! It sank... just like the rest of this city's gonna!"

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Top 5 for me are:
1) Robocop (NES) - I've always felt it was the closest to the film in adaptation, style, and presentation.
That and for a side-scroller shooter it wasn't the incredibly difficult Contra-style game, beating it isn't a chore, though there are a few parts where having earned an extra life in the shooting gallery segments can be advantageous (albeit difficult unless you're using a rapid-fire controller) for instance, when destroying the flamethrower machine towards the end, in the hallway before the ED-209 battle in the OCP offices.
An extra life there, or some Cobra Gun ammo, is definitely necessary in that scene.
Compared to that stationary flamethrower thing, defeating ED-209 was rather easy, as timing your attacks is a lot more obvious in the ED-209 battles.

It paid a lot of attention to the little details, with scenes describing the story progression throughout, and I loved the areas that had two paths, such as the route to the mayor in level 2, and the optional areas like the Cobra Gun area in the factory or the dead-end rooms with respawning enemies.

2) Robocop 2 (Arcade) Slightly better than the original arcade title, its addition of melee attacks, co-op play, and a pretty authentic final battle combined to make it an instant classic.
The first-person GUI in the bonus rounds were ahead of its time, too.

2 1/2) Robocop (Arcade) - Awesome visuals and sfx, though it lacked the attention to story narrative that the NES game had (albeit the NES game didn't always take direct quotes- sure, noone ever said "Take this Cobra Gun and get Robocop!" in the film but it was shorter than trying to fit the entire "We practically are the military" scene) it was still a blast to play.
While I'm nitpicking, though, I did prefer the NES Robocop's music to this one.

3) Robocop and Robocop 2 (Game Boy versions)
Like the NES version, Robocop 1 follows the plot more closely, and the Game Boy version of Robocop 2 is much more forgiving than its NES counterpart whose difficulty was outrageous.
I suppose listing them both as #3 is improper, but I felt they were really tied for that position, as I did with the arcade titles.

4) Robocop vs Terminator (Genesis version)
The ability to use ED-209's arm as a weapon, battling ED-209, Cain, AND a series crossover with Terminator? Very cool,
This game had awesome graphics, and I loved the lighting effects of the gunfire reflecting on Robocop's armor.
Like another Genesis game Mortal Kombat, entering a cheat code would enable a grittier, uncensored version of the game.
It's worth noting that in the era of the Genesis and the Sega CD, game censorship was a hot button topic, from the Genesis' Beavis and Butthead to the Sega CD's Night Trap, ESRB ratings were just starting to be used for games, and using a cheat code to obscure a game's violence from the prying eyes of politicians was a nifty idea at the time.

5) Robocop (Titus, XBox)
The story wasn't great, mid-battle Robocop would throw out corny one-liners, but in spite of all that, I couldn't help but fall in love with the game's GUI.
The little details of Robocop's targeting system are what kept me playing that game for the year it took for me to finally beat it, as it was the most difficult Robocop game aside from the NES Robocop 2.
Those little laser launcher things could take Robocop's health down with a single hit, so it was practically impossible to complete a level without first going through it and dying, memorizing where those better-equipped enemies are, and killing them ASAP the next time through.

Even though once I'd beaten it I wasn't rushing to start a new playthrough of the XBox Robocop, I was still rather disappointed that it wasn't one of the backwards-compatible-on-XBox-360 games, as in spite of its occasionally frustrating areas, it still had a certain charm to it, namely just the coolness of the targeting system and Robocop GUI in general.

When I was a kid, the original NES Robocop was "my first" game- I'd played others that my older sister had, but it had been the first game I'd received as a birthday present specifically for me, after I'd fallen in love with the arcade game at a pizza place- I think it was Pizza Hut, but it was so long ago I can't be certain.

Obviously, I was to find out the differences between the Arcade and NES versions, but being a fan of the film who has memorized every line of dialogue from start to finish (from having OCD and having watched the film enough times that it's like a memorable song now) I welcomed the differences and wound up liking the NES version best- although the arcade version of Robocop 2 certainly has the NES version of Robocop 2 beaten by a mile.
I can remember renting Robocop 2 back in the day on several occasions and always getting frustrated with it and taking it back, as it's basically "Robocop On Ice: The Platformer".

Though it didn't make the list, there's a pretty decent indie-made Robocop shooting gallery-style Flash game I played a few years back that's worthy of note as a decent time killer.

RB 102

game-xbox
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote

mine has to be the arcade game 1 & 2 them games rocked when I was young and still do now, Robocop on the mega drive was banging guts gore, I have them all on a cd so I can play them all when ever I want......but we all know we would all love a full size arcade machine. but like the old man said ..............I HAD THIS DREAM

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
JadeETC
Regular at rigatoni feeds.

Sgt-L1

Comment: Mind if I...zip this up?

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote

I like the NES game, even though it does get some heat from game reviewers and their fans.

The ZX Spectrum version is my favorite. It's not much to look at, but it's probably the best game for that computer.

RB -548

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard