New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

things ive always wondered
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote

RoboJOF :
Something that's always had me thinking. How is it that Clarence is able to be released from jail (and subsequently walk right into the OCP building to meet with Dick Jones) when he as multiple felony charges including narcotics, sexual charges, assault, and murder (OF COPS!). Now, this part was after the supposed police strike had been in effect, so maybe there were less cops on duty, but it always seemed odd that even a company as powerful as OCP could make that happen.

If you're wondering about how that was possible, check out this informative video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCzHMqK7OGY

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:38 am Reply with quote

Ah, very informative.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:16 am Reply with quote

RoboJOF :
Something that's always had me thinking. How is it that Clarence is able to be released from jail (and subsequently walk right into the OCP building to meet with Dick Jones) when he as multiple felony charges including narcotics, sexual charges, assault, and murder (OF COPS!). Now, this part was after the supposed police strike had been in effect, so maybe there were less cops on duty, but it always seemed odd that even a company as powerful as OCP could make that happen.

Actually that was before the police strike - It occurred later the same night Clarence met with 'Richard', though Lewis had said some cops didn't report in anyway. That said, OCP and Jones could certainly make that happen, VERY high-priced lawyers can do all their legal/court tricks and so forth - Hell here it's mostly just making a convincing enough case for bail and paying that and that's job done for getting Boddicker 'out' for the time being. Shit happens plenty in other shows/movies, not to mention it does happen IRL, too.

RoboPimp :
If you're wondering about how that was possible, check out this informative video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCzHMqK7OGY

Oh, well, yeah that's pretty much it, too. Bah. Sorry Pimp, seems you had this.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Forgive me if this has been brought up and/or answered before. In my most recent re-watching of Robocop 2, early on there are a lot of scenes with Murphy without his helmet on. Does Peter Weller ever blink?! I don't know how I just noticed this, and I could be wrong. If not, I'm amazed.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:04 pm Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
Forgive me if this has been brought up and/or answered before. In my most recent re-watching of Robocop 2, early on there are a lot of scenes with Murphy without his helmet on. Does Peter Weller ever blink?! I don't know how I just noticed this, and I could be wrong. If not, I'm amazed.

Well I don't think we ever see him blink as Robo with the helmet off (though I thought he did it sorta during the interview scene leading to his wife, perhaps not), which makes sense as he wouldn't need to blink as RoboCop but I agree is impressive on Weller's part and yet another credit to his dedicated performance as Robo.

That said I don't think I ever see Burke or Eden blink as Robo-Murphy either, again it's kinda the point, but not an easy thing to do so credits to them as well (Well actually Eden might've closed his eyes a time or two, but not 'blinking' as it were).

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote

Really interesting observation. I wasn't sure so I did a re-watch of the ending of Robo1.

He does blink. But not very often. The big helmet-less reveal scene is very impressive as Weller doesn't blink once. Really adds to the robotic feeling.

With the babyfood target practice he blinks once by himself and a bunch of times involuntary when he fires the Auto-9. (I don't hold it against him. Even the Terminator blinks when firing guns.)

Same goes further towards the end. Weller blinks a few times but most are involuntary such as when the blood hits after stabbing Clarence.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote

Nice of you to look into Robo1 Archive. I would assume he would blink in the scenes you mentioned. Regardless I'm way overdue for another viewing.

I was just specifically referring to the "interrogation" scene in Robo2. As I was watching, I just noticed there were a lot of close ups, especially when his wife talks to him from behind the fence and he tells her to touch him. I'm going to go back and re-watch it in a bit to check. Stan got the point I was going for. Now I just need to verify...

But wow. Even the if he did or didn't blink. Weller has such an overwhelming/haunting performance in that scene. It's easily up there among my favorite emotional scenes and moments. Even more specifically, it's the way he speaks and delivers the words. He does it in several scenes in Robo2. He also does it in the reprogramming scene with Dr.Fax as well as Hob's death.

EDIT: He definitley blinks in the interrogation scene, quite a bit actually. But only in the shots slightly far away. In all the super close ups of his face, he doesn't ever blink or even move his head. He only moves his eyes, in what you could consider a robotic fashion. Still, what an amazing performance. You can just see how seriously Peter took the role and performance. It transcends the screen!

"They made this...to honor him.
YOUR HUSBAND IS DEAD.
I DON'T KNOW YOU"

Gives me the chills Smile

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote

That's good acting, Weller. You nailed this character from the beginning. And as they say, "Good business is where you find it."

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I've noticed the blinking especially during the scene where the doctors and nurses are working to save him: Weller blinks a few times when the camera isn't on his face. Things I've wondered over the years have been who was Lewis' partner before Reed assigned her to work with Murphy? And what happened to her new partner Jerry once she goes back with Murphy? Dick Jones gets mad at Clarence for spilling his guts to Robocop because he got recorded, yet he looks shocked when Robo replays what he said about killing Bob. Did he forget he got recorded too? In R2, I notice when Murphy and Lewis get back from patrol and enter the squad room, you briefly see Murph tap someone on the back like he's another officer he's friends with. I think someone else taps him on the back after he talks to his wife and walks down the hall to look at her from the window.

After Clarence's car flips over and Lewis stops and looks for him, it appears she's looking in the opposite direction from where his car landed. Then when Clarence takes the metal pole and strikes at Murphy, the second time he hits his arm it sounds like someone calling Murphy--I thought Lewis passed out after she blew up Leon. And after Murphy kills Clarence, he's covered in his blood; we see it later on his data spike when he replays what Jones said. But how did he clean the rest of the blood off of his armor? Did someone wipe him off after he dropped Lewis at the hospital?

Lastly, how accurate is the info on Robocop Wiki? They mention things that I've never heard before unless it was in the book, a deleted scene or in the script since it never plays out on screen. 1. Lewis killing Hedgecock for what he did to Murphy. The swat team shot at the car not only because she was getting away with Robocop, but she disobeyed orders and refused to shoot her partner. 2. Sgt. Reed was suppose to die in Robocop 3, but they it was decided to kill off Lewis instead. 3. Sgt. Reed, Murphy and Lewis were transferred to Metro North in Robocop 2 and later returned to Metro West in Robocop 3. I figured the filming locations was the reason why the precinct in R2 looked very different.

RB 1156

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:59 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
Things I've wondered over the years have been who was Lewis' partner before Reed assigned her to work with Murphy? And what happened to her new partner Jerry once she goes back with Murphy?

I found that for Lewis to continue to be Murphy's official police partner despite him now being RoboCop was a bit dodgy.

I doubt Robo works normal work hours and he seems to spends most of his duty time on his own in both Robo2 and Robo3. And whether she is with him or not seems to mostly be plot conveniences. Why is Lewis driving her own car at the beginning of both Robo2 and Robo3 if they are supposedly working together?

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:14 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
RoboLewis :
Things I've wondered over the years have been who was Lewis' partner before Reed assigned her to work with Murphy? And what happened to her new partner Jerry once she goes back with Murphy?

I found that for Lewis to continue to be Murphy's official police partner despite him now being RoboCop was a bit dodgy.

I doubt Robo works normal work hours and he seems to spends most of his duty time on his own in both Robo2 and Robo3. And whether she is with him or not seems to mostly be plot conveniences. Why is Lewis driving her own car at the beginning of both Robo2 and Robo3 if they are supposedly working together?

I have been watching RoboCop: The Series a lot lately and in a few episodes they make it 100% clear that RoboCop is beyond their control and operates mainly on his own schedule. Unless there is some huge crisis happening he comes and goes as he pleases, solving crime with an unprecedented degree of autonomy. Let's assume this policy came into effect some time between RoboCop and RoboCop 2 (even though he was already going out on his own in the first movie). Something else that clearly happened in this time was some kind of review of Robo's mental and emotional state. They knew he was stalking his wife and has some idea of what was going on in his head, as evidenced by the emotional scene where OCP execs tell him he is just a machine and their property. So they knew he was a bit mentally unstable. Now, the other cops were not so heartless. My theory regarding this matter is that somewhere along the way Reed and Lewis had a discussion about it, like "hey we both know Robo is Murphy and you were his partner before and you guys seem to still get along well so why don't you two stick together". So maybe she still was his partner, but still had to go on regular patrol and stuff like that while Robo went off to do his own things sometimes. It sure isn't standard procedure, but then again this is a future where the police are owned by a private corporation and the cops are severely understaffed. So basically my theory is they just stuck with it because it worked and nobody ever took the time to officially reassign Lewis a partner so she stuck with Robo when he wasn't off doing his own thing.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:26 pm Reply with quote

Who arrested Joe in the cocaine factory? I always thought he escaped while Murphy was throwing Clarence around; But he stole the new 6000 SUX from the prison parking lot after he was released. So, it couldn't have been Murphy or he would've brought him in along with Clarence? How did Murphy find out where his wife and son lived? I figured they moved away like Lewis had told him.

RB 1156

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:14 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
Who arrested Joe in the cocaine factory? I always thought he escaped while Murphy was throwing Clarence around; But he stole the new 6000 SUX from the prison parking lot after he was released. So, it couldn't have been Murphy or he would've brought him in along with Clarence?

Quite likely Murphy called in additional cops and they brought Joe in, same for the 'FUCK ME' robber that he just walked out on and left there, etc.

Quote:
How did Murphy find out where his wife and son lived? I figured they moved away like Lewis had told him.

They did move, but I'm sure their (new) address is listed in a phonebook/directory of some kind. Even if not, Murphy's a cop with access to DMV/etc files and such, could have just looked her up there. That's not exactly proper but fits in with the whole spying/stalking thing he was doing.

RB 52679

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:32 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
RoboLewis :

Some areas are restricted such as River Rouge, (remember what Reed told him on the radio in the workprint) maybe the armory downtown was in a restricted area too, so Robo goes there alone.Lewis was with him in the suburbs, the arcade place, and the Nuke sweat shop, all these places got kids around and possibly weren't in such zones.

RB 1199

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard