New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop dismantled
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:55 am Reply with quote

chaos one :

also, man Angie looked really really hot in the comic

She did in the movie too! Smile

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote

Indeed she did.

I guess if any bad guy were to bring Robo to his knees I'm glad it was a very hot lady like Angie.

RB 856

game-xbox
chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:27 am Reply with quote

Also if anyone has any legit complains about that scenes it's not the nitpicks of disappearing claw marks or right hand being reattatched.

It's that Why didn't Robo see anything? Why did he not see the mounted machine gun, it's pretty plain to see. Why not spot any of the guys hiding and shooting at him?

Also since I watched this scene way too many times I think I can figure out how the sequence of damage done to Robo.

-Asian guy with Sledgehammer to mid section?

-Looks like Catzo with hammer and chisel either on the chest or most likely the section under his chest plate while Angie leans in.
You can see the asian guy in the back using a blowtorch on Robo's knee or leg, Hob watches him do it.

-There's sort of a jump cut Again Catzo chisel but on the visor now while everyone leans in and watches, he finally cracks it, damaging Robo's vision for good. Catzo stops cause he's tired before breaking any more of it.

-Catzo readies the jackhammer on Robo's leg. It doesn't work really to break it off. Hob says try at the joint that connects to his hip and he does, it works breaking through the cables or whatever connecting him. They probably unchained it ahead of time and it falls to the floor twitching, you can see the blowtorch burn marks on his leg.

-Asian guy brings a industrial strength saw on the mid section , it seems to be working but the asian dude stops anyways for some reason.

-(CUT FROM MOVIE) A jump cut In deleted scenes you can see Angie playing with the detached foot of Robo, smiling and showing it to Robo before Hob takes it away from her.

-Again another jump cut, Catzo is chiseling again, Hob is holding up a cable spraying oil or whatever, it sprays on Catzo (this probably the cable came from Robo's open mid section) He turns and sprays the oil on Robo's face. Asian guy is seen below with a industrial strength drill drilling on some part of Robo's lower section.

It stops but i'm guessing they just de-helmeted him and so on.

I wish I could see every little thing they do, out of curiousity.

RB 856

game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:49 am Reply with quote

chaos one :
It's that Why didn't Robo see anything? Why did he not see the mounted machine gun, it's pretty plain to see. Why not spot any of the guys hiding and shooting at him?

Maybe he got cocky. After all, he's only...human (well, you get the point.)

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :

I always believe in this scene Robo is over confident, taking time in his kill and suffering for it.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
RoboPimp :

I always believe in this scene Robo is over confident, taking time in his kill and suffering for it.

yeah, plus I think so does the audience thinking Robos invincible and will destroy anytime he comes in. So thats also whats great about it, that both the udience and Robo got a painfulo surprise and doze of "reality"

RB 525

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote

One of my favorite things about Robocop 2 is how his personality has changed since the end of the first Robo. At the start of Robocop 2 it seems he's finaly starting to feel somewhat comfortable in his skin, but at the same time he's dealing with his inner demons in a much more personal way than the first Robocop. When he targets Cain and his gang he actually feels like the hero he's been made out to be.

That's why this scene is so harrowing. We want to feel like Robocop has finally arrived as the indestructible legend, and when he is violated, both by Cain's gang and then Dr. Faxx, it's painful. For me watching this series of events is worse than watching Murphy get shot to death because the torture here is so much more sadistic.

RB 1658

chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
chaos one :

True. This panel kinda confirms it

I sorta wish this was in the movie rather than Angie just turning and running.

it's nice to have a little interaction

RB 856

game-xbox
Yrtti
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote

Its weird that sometimes robo seems to be almost indesctructible,(Falling off a 100 storage skyscraper,getting shot off like a 50 swat team members,getting shot and smacked around by a two huge robots,getting smashed by tons of metal without losing a single limb) And then cain and his crew takes him apart in seconds with some crappy drill and saw. And Why robocop would walk into a pretty obvious trap with all his tracking radar and thermal tech? I Have loved robocop 2 since i was a small boy,but this scene has always pissed me off for so many reasons! Very Happy Sorry for my bad english byt the way(im from Finland Smile

RB 11

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote

Yrtti :
Why robocop would walk into a pretty obvious trap with all his tracking radar and thermal tech?

I guess it is just one of those things Robo always does. He did it as Murphy in the beginning of the first movie and then later as Robo in the drug factory. He also did the same thing with the Rehab HQ in RoboCop3. It seems to be Robo's main strategy. Just walk in. Sometimes it works, other times not so much.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Yrtti
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Yrtti :
Why robocop would walk into a pretty obvious trap with all his tracking radar and thermal tech?

I guess it is just one of those things Robo always does. He did it as Murphy in the beginning of the first movie and then later as Robo in the drug factory. He also did the same thing with the Rehab HQ in RoboCop3. It seems to be Robo's main strategy. Just walk in. Sometimes it works, other times not so much.

Yea thats a good point, Its just strange that robo doesent seem to care much about anything when he walks inside the factory but a one scene before he fools the bad guys with the car explosion like he would know they are planning something for him and seemed a lot smarter and carefull.

RB 11

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote

Yrtti :
Archive :
Yrtti :

Yea thats a good point, Its just strange that robo doesent seem to care much about anything when he walks inside the factory but a one scene before he fools the bad guys with the car explosion like he would know they are planning something for him and seemed a lot smarter and carefull.

Well he didnt know he was being watched. He thought he fooled them but the joke was on him. They were watching him all the time and they were strategically placed

As for robo surviving falls and all that and getting dismantled by thugs. the big difference here is that they were targeting joints. They even adress it in the movie that the drill doesnt really do much so Hob sugested joints

RB 525

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:30 am Reply with quote

Yrtti :
Its just strange that robo doesent seem to care much about anything when he walks inside the factory but a one scene before he fools the bad guys with the car explosion like he would know they are planning something for him and seemed a lot smarter and carefull.

I've always thought Robo was a little suicidal. Or at the very least he doesn't give a fuck. I mean, he was killed in about the most horrible fashion a cop could, and then denied death and brought back for an indefinite amount of service so I would understand if he's a bit bitter.

RB 1658

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote

BAM.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard