New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop dismantled
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:11 pm Reply with quote

tsimisde :
From my point of view, i find enough similarities between this torture scene and the torture scene from the first movie. Yes, the obvious ones, of course (eg. Right hand gets blown off on both scenes) but another thing comes in mind, Less obvious.

I think that Murphy's overconfident and "i got this" attitude, got him in a lot of trouble. On the first movie, even though he is warned that the things are dangerous and the crime rates are high, he doesn't give a s*it. He is overconfident, maybe a bit arrogant and he thinks that he is unbeatable and unstoppable but of course, more than one person, is more powerful than one. So, Murphy's kickass and this attitude, got him into Trouble because, he feels really sure that he will win in the end but, karma is a bitch and punishes him everytime he feels overpowered, underestimating his opponents.

''Alex Murphy.Top of his class,devout Irish Catholic, family man.Everything in his profile indicates a fierce sense of duty.''

RB 1199

game-xbox
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:45 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I’m new here, but I visit the site regularly because I’m a huge fan and I like to hear what the RoboExperts have to say! Murphy getting dismantled was devastating to me and it’s painful to watch. This poor guy has been through so much since being brought back to life as a cyborg. The scene made me wonder if it was just a coincidence that Irvin Kershner directed R2 and The Empire Strikes Back, and both films had a robot/cyborg getting dismantled?

RB 1156

NOF
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Who told you how?

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:01 pm Reply with quote

And the hero losing a hand.

RB 534

comic2-robocop game-xbox arcade2-robocop2 Doom robocop3-fanboy
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Yes, that's right! Both of them lost a right hand too.

RB 1156

Robomania
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:50 pm Reply with quote

I don't like watching Robo getting dismantled in R2 or Murphy being shot to death in the first movie, pretty brutal, I mean there's being shot which you see in movies a lot and then there is being shot up over in your limbs like that. Poor guy

RB 166

RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Did the news media report on Murphy being dismantled? With the cops on strike and their best guy practically destroyed, the crime in the city would’ve gotten even more out of control.

RB 1156

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:43 am Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
Did the news media report on Murphy being dismantled? With the cops on strike and their best guy practically destroyed, the crime in the city would’ve gotten even more out of control.

I'm almost certain it did get reported, too big a thing to not. And I daresay with a direct byline by OCP. The city falling into more chaos suited their purposes despite the obvious negative publicity and public image.

This was all discussed pretty much verbatim between Old Man and Johnson in R2.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
NOF
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Who told you how?

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:44 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :

From the Marvel adaptation:

chaos one :

RB 534

comic2-robocop game-xbox arcade2-robocop2 Doom robocop3-fanboy
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:29 pm Reply with quote

The script for Robocop 2 had Cain (Kong) remove Murphy’s face. I have know idea what he would do with it; maybe tack it on a wall. But how would they have replaced his face? Give him a different one and he would look like Burke in R3. Or were there molds of his face in case of severe damage?

RB 1156

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:12 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
The script for Robocop 2 had Cain (Kong) remove Murphy’s face. I have know idea what he would do with it; maybe tack it on a wall. But how would they have replaced his face? Give him a different one and he would look like Burke in R3. Or were there molds of his face in case of severe damage?

The whole what if Robo lost his face in battle was a favorite thought experiment of mine growing up.

I always favored the idea that he had a T800-like metal bulletproof skull behind the flesh, giving to his face (mouth) purely an aesthetical purpose (same idea behind keeping the human hand in the remake).

In that case, the logical answer is that the OCP tech team would just have some fake face replacements ready in case he lost the original one.

Otherwise, having a human skull and the mouth area exposed would have been a fatal flaw in the design.

But anyway, there is so many unknowns in the actual technology inside Robo, it's obviously just pure fan speculation.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:13 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
RoboLewis :

The whole idea of what would happen if Robo lost his face in battle was a favorite thought experiment of mine growing up.

I always favored the idea that he had a T800-like metal bulletproof skull behind the flesh, giving to his face (mouth) purely an aesthetical purpose (same idea behind keeping the human hand in the remake).

In that case, the logical answer is that the OCP tech team would just have some fake face replacements ready in case he lost the original one.

Otherwise, having a human skull and the mouth area exposed would have been a fatal flaw in the design.

But anyway, there is so many unknowns in the actual technology inside Robo, it's obviously just pure fan speculation.

I think it's generally accepted that it's a fake face over a metal skull. I know Verhoeven has said this. (I'm not sure where to find a link/reference to that but I 100% remember him saying it) A flesh annd bone skull would offer no protection whatsoever.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
tsimisde
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:35 pm Reply with quote

Well, i saw a bit of the movie recently, especially until the part until Robo is fixed and has his directives installed. Well, all i have to say about the dismantling scene, is that, I don't think there is a plot hole nowhere to be found. It is simple as that. Cain and his gang, considering the cop strike, they wanted to frighten the cops so what they did? They destroyed their best defender, in order to show that they are dangerous and people should be afraid of them, no one could stop them, even the mighty Robocop so, they were arrogant at the highest degree possible so, this was the sole purpose for doing that.

If they just killed Robo, their message, wouldn't be sent so, they wanted to SHOW what they could do, this was the appropriate way to do it. But, don't forget the fact that, I don't know if a drug fueled had such a high spirited plan in his mind so, maybe because he was a sadistic man, he just wanted to see the suffering and agony in other people, so, that's why he did the "surgery" on the other cop, not this time to send a message, just for thrill but, karma is a bitch so, he suffered also, he had his mind on another body, of course he could do much worse because, even if he had his mind functional, he lost completely his human touch, the touch he never had in the first place.

Another point i want to mention, is that somehow, Cain and his gang, clearly knew how to take down Robo and i wonder how they got the information they needed. Dont forget the fact that while you mentioned the more technological approach on why Robo was outsmarted by a bunch of thugs, i think we forgot the most basic. If you remember, while Robo gets into the place, he sees Virgin Mary and then, while he tries to attack Cain, Cain makes his religious speech so, i guess that, as Robo didn't shoot the kid previously, because of his related directive, maybe this is the main reason why he didn't do anything and just stood still, he maybe thought that, Cain is having a bit of kindness in him, because he had this religious mindset and that's why he didn't attacked him.

Don't forget the fact that Murphy was a Catholic, as it was mentioned in the movie (I don't remember if that is mentioned before or after the dismantling incident) so, Cain knew he didn't had the chance to beat Robocop in other way so, he got the information he needed and he used them in a clever way, he cheated in other words.

RB 30

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:49 pm Reply with quote

tsimisde :

Another point i want to mention, is that somehow, Cain and his gang, clearly knew how to take down Robo and i wonder how they got the information they needed.

Cain and Angie visited Faxx as wealthy buyers but the scene was cut.

RB 1199

game-xbox
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:35 pm Reply with quote

pengbuzz :
HOB888 :
tsimisde :

Another point i want to mention, is that somehow, Cain and his gang, clearly knew how to take down Robo and i wonder how they got the information they needed.

Cain and Angie visited Faxx as wealthy buyers but the scene was cut.

Ah, that would explain much. But did Faxx give it to them freely, sell it to them or did they swipe the info while she was otherwise occupied?

In the script of the scene Cain says to Faxx that he has paid insiders who told him the technical infos on Robo.
You can check it out in my signature blog .

RB 1199

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard