New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Kurtwood Smith - to voice in a Batman TV Series

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote

Kurtwood Smith has been cast as Lt. Gordon in the upcoming TV series "Beware the Batman". Here's a short interview with him:

The following story is courtesy of Movieweb.

I recently had the chance to speak with Kurtwood Smith for Dead Poets Society, which makes its Blu-ray debut January 17. The actor also spoke about his role voicing Lieutenant Gordon in the upcoming Cartoon Network series Beware the Batman, which will premiere in 2013. The show will be a part of the network's new DC Nation animation block, which also includes Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series. Here's what Kurtwood Smith had to say about the show.

"We just started. We've only recorded two, before Christmas. I like the general thrust of the show. It's early in the Batman story. Commissioner Gordon isn't even Commissioner yet, he's just Lieutenant Gordon. He doesn't trust Batman, even though they kind of end up helping each other out on an early case. Batman, in a lot of ways, is learning his way, and the relationship between he and Alfred is developing. It's fun and it's kind of straight in that regard, as opposed to being campy. I think it's going to be good, but it won't be out for at least a year or so."

The show will center on Batman, his samurai warrior sidekick Katana, and his gun-toting butler Alfred solving crimes together, although it isn't known who is voicing any of those roles yet. When the show was first announced back in October, executive producer Sam Register said the show would explore lesser-known villains such as Professor Pyg and the Circus of the Strange.

CREDITS 3040

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Wow, aside from Kurtwood Smith's involvement, that sounds like the worst possible Batman cartoon conceivable.

Samurai Warrior sidekick Katana....? OK

Gun-toting Butler Alfred....? Not OK

Professor Pyg and the Circus of the Strange....? No. Just No.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote

Is the same guy doing the Batman voice who did it in the big, popular animated series where Batman had a huge jaw and all the cars looked like they were from the 1940's? It seems like it should familiar to you since I think it is the most popular series. I think the same guy did batman's voice in arkham asylum too. That show played everyday after school when I was a kid for years and years. It was good.

Either way the whole point of what I'm saying is that the guy who does batman in that cartoon does alot of the voices in Skyrim. Everywhere I go I'm talking to Batman... And I like it.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...

...Clarence?

I'm interested in how Smith will sound. If any of you have watched the animated Batman: Year One, I thought Brian Cranston did a great job as Gordon.

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Pimp, I had the same reaction about Pyg. The only way it could get worse is if they included that Pink Flamingo guy that appeared a couple of issues after Pyg.

Alfred might turn out neat Smile

Demise, yes, Kevin Conroy did the voice of Batman in the entire DCAU, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and a couple of other Batman movies and games.

CREDITS 3040

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Gun toting Alfred? What kind of high grade Bat-Dope are they smoking?

CREDITS 627

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
ED209
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote

It makes sense. Alfred is old and frail so Batman doesn't mind him using a gun.

CREDITS 9

AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:10 am Reply with quote

ED209 :
It makes sense. Alfred is old and frail so Batman doesn't mind him using a gun.

Alfred use to be a Secret Agent for the British Government, and is trained in actining and hand to hand combat. Alfred is the only one Batman will let use a gun.

CREDITS 409

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:40 am Reply with quote

So now we've had... what Peter Weller, Kurtwood Smith and Miguel Ferrer in Batman-related movies... kinda cool Smile

CREDITS 3040

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard