New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Joel Kinnaman Confirmed To Play RoboCop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
ar86uta
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote

Quote:
True, I was just playing around with an idea about a pure chaotic future version. Its not official in any way. I am a huge Robocop fan and would also love them to keep the same design, but as all reboots go they are bound to change it.

I see. Here's hoping they wont change it.....too much huh what

And thank you for settling me about that new design, really thought they'd consider using those ideas. From an artistic point of view, they are interesting... and that's about it. They'd ruin Robocop if they would use any of those ideas (imo)

RB 0

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote

Hey Gerrard.

Why not do just a character piece so we can better see Robo (if you have the time).

Don't get me wrong I like the art but it isn't Robo if you get what I mean. Seeing your design for Robo nice and clearly would be great.

Also, isn't it time someone shaved Kinnaman and plonked him in the Robo helmet like the other photoshops that were done?

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
Also, isn't it time someone shaved Kinnaman and plonked him in the Robo helmet like the other photoshops that were done?

I did a quick test the other day but much like Chris Pine it doesn't seem to exist a photo of Joel Kinnaman where he doesn't have a beard or where he doesn't smile. As such the test I did looked terrible.

RB 348819

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Try this one Archive.

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/joel-kinnaman-image.jpg

I was really hoping for Dexter, he would of been great. This guy for some reason looks like he's going to steal your wallet....he's more junkie skinny than physical fit skinny.
Don't like this choice at all.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote

robohell :
he's more junkie skinny than physical fit skinny.

That's it!

That's what I couldn't put my finger on.

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
GERRARDART
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
Hey Gerrard.

Why not do just a character piece so we can better see Robo (if you have the time).

Don't get me wrong I like the art but it isn't Robo if you get what I mean. Seeing your design for Robo nice and clearly would be great.

yeah Iv been thinking about that. Perhaps as the Director has hinted at, illustrating the days / weeks after the initial almagamation of machine. When the parts are still raw. Before they put on the shiny suit.

RB 6

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote

I donīt know the guy, so I donīt know is a good choice or not. Looks like a "pretty face" actor, seeing some pics, so Iīm not sure if heīll be right for the role.

Anyway, I had mixed emotions about this reboot/remake. Itīs cool to go to the theatre and see RoboCop in the big screen, but being a "re-imagine" tale and not a sequel scares me a little!

RB 12188

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Kenjamin
The best there ever was

O-L3

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning.

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Haven't posted in forever. Just wanted to say I'm glad there's finally a little news with this film. I know know anything about Kinnaman but I won't write him off. Any estimates on a release date? Maybe 2014?

RB 667

mug doom-marine alex-murphy
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote

If the Archive was around in 1986 and we were discussing who was going to play the lead, wouldn;t we all be looking at pictures of Peter Weller and going "no way, he doesn't suit the role, boycott Orion Pictures!!"? Give the guy a chance, he may not look like he suits the role now to some of you, but remember there's gonna be a lot of time between now and when we see it on the big screen and he could change himself vastly and bulk up or whatever and remember there'll be lots of make up added to him too so he'll probably not be that recognisable at the end of it all. Don't crucify the guy before we've even given him a chance!

RB 19226

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote

Paddy :
If the Archive was around in 1986 and we were discussing who was going to play the lead, wouldn;t we all be looking at pictures of Peter Weller and going "no way, he doesn't suit the role, boycott Orion Pictures!!"? Give the guy a chance, he may not look like he suits the role now to some of you, but remember there's gonna be a lot of time between now and when we see it on the big screen and he could change himself vastly and bulk up or whatever and remember there'll be lots of make up added to him too so he'll probably not be that recognisable at the end of it all. Don't crucify the guy before we've even given him a chance!

Well, Peter Weller never played third fiddle to Denzel Washington (one of my least favorite actors) and Ryan Reynolds (The ABSOLUTE WORST comedian/actor ever)...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote

Kenjamin :
Any estimates on a release date? Maybe 2014?

They plan to start filming this summer with a release date sometime in 2013.
I think that feels slightly optimistic so yeah, probably 2014.

RB 348819

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
SiR-ROUND
ABC WARRIOR

OCP3 - L3

Comment: Oh my god! They killed Kinney!

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Who?

RB 3346

judge-dredd judge-dredd-lawgiver judge-dredd-abcwarrior RoboCain-v2 terminator-endo terminator-skull evildead-book2 klf-album1
Saasouza
L-L1

L-L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote

Ok, i had to give it a try, LOL

RB 943

ED-209-2013 remake-gun baby-food
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Well, Peter Weller never played third fiddle to Denzel Washington (one of my least favorite actors) and Ryan Reynolds (The ABSOLUTE WORST comedian/actor ever)...

Hey, Safe House was totally bitchin. I don't much care for Denzel and even less for Reynolds, but they were both awesome. Joel was decent enough. He was only in there for one fight scene really.

But yeah I said it before and I'll say it again; don't get me wrong, Joel is a fine choice either way. He's skinny as was Weller and that ultimately made the transition from weak fleshy cop, to indestructible cyborg badass all the more visually convincing.

But my complaint from the beginning is that yes, he looks too much like a junkie. It's not so much his face and stache, but also his vulture posture.

Even in Safe House where he just played some regular guy, he looked a little shady.

SPOILERS:
Though that's what they were aiming for. As he was a "bad guy".
END SPOILERS.

So yeah, hopefully he can break out of his type casted role of meth head and pull out a performance that shows his ability to transcend roles.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard