New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Joel Kinnaman Confirmed To Play RoboCop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
Diesel_85
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Can you fly Bobby??

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote

I love Robo, always have & always will & even if this turns out shit i'll still buy it as i have everything Robo i can get my hands on.. (yes even the PD series Neutral )
But my problem with all this is A) a remake? i mean really... the original still holds up & is a classic & should never be tampered with... PERIOD!! B) the new concept art... hmm no thanks, keep the original look of Robocop.. otherwise to everybody here... will it really be Robocop if they change everything that we love about the character? God damn i say bring back Peter Weller and just cg his face to look younger like they did with Jeff Bridges in Tron... we all know Mr Weller IS ROBOCOP!! anyway rant over.. that is all

Predator

RB 26

marvel-wolverine
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote

Can't really judge the guy until I see him acting an in a suit, but atleast it's some progress.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
rcoltrane
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote

I've never heard about him. And I think the voice is extremely important in this kind of role, since the only 'visible' part of him will be his mouth (unless they make him to remove his helmet again for some reason), but you can't hide the voice. Though, some voice effects will certainly be included to do it as closer as possible to Weller's voice. Hard to believe this is gonna work, TBH. But let's see what happens.

RB 37

flower
AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: "You gotta ask yourself one question, ED209, do you feel lucky?"

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote

I wonder who will play Clarence Boddicker. Hmmm...maybe candidates for the role will be Justin Timberlake, Ryan Reynolds and James Franco. Laughing Wink

Seriously though, for Dick Jones, they could get someone like Hugh Laurie or Aaron Eckhart.

RB 400

alex-murphy game-xbox
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote

AlexRobo :
I wonder who will play Clarence Boddicker.

They are not remaking the same movie Verhoeven did, it is a new script altogether. Chances are RoboCop might be the only returning character.( and hopefully ED-209. )

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote

rcoltrane :
Though, some voice effects will certainly be included to do it as closer as possible to Weller's voice. Hard to believe this is gonna work, TBH. But let's see what happens.

Sigh..... oh dear Why would they even bother recasting, rewriting, and reimagining every aspect of the film, if they are "certainly" going to make his voice sound just like Weller's?

Can we stop making absurd and illogical statements now? There seems to be a lot of repeating easially accessable news, facts, and common sense lately. I guess this is a result of the recent influx of new members, but come on. I'd like a topic to reach it's logical conclusion without stopping every five minutes to hold someone's dick so they can piss in the bowl like everyone else.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Checking in late on this but I'm all for this guy...hopefully we actually get Robocop and not Ironman...

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
rcoltrane
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Can we stop making absurd and illogical statements now? There seems to be a lot of repeating easially accessable news, facts, and common sense lately.

Yes, I'm new around here, see my quantity of posts and public 'trust' Laughing

That's not absurd and even less illogical imo. Even with a brand new story, new characters and script, the whole thing will sound 'fake' because you won't hear the familiar 'dead or alive, you're coming with me'. It's quite difficult for people to watch a new Robocop movie without remembering the previous ones, and it becomes worse when you are a true Robocop fan. Robocop 3 proved what I'm saying here.

However, I respect every new effort that are being applied to this new motion picture and wish them good luck. I'm from Brazil and have a huge respect for the director they selected to do this project, he is very capable.

RB 37

flower
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote

I don't have much to say about this movie yet. I can't decide if its excitement or anticipation that I feel. I do think Jose padilha is a good choice and I still haven't seen Joel kinnaman in anything but snippets from "The Killing" but he looks like a good choice. And some guy in the comments section over at SLASHFILM claims he read a draft of the script(doubtful) and said it was a good story but most of the Robo scenes were towards the end of the movie.
Who knows. Me, I'm waiting to see some idea of what the suit (if there even IS a suit) is gonna look like before I know wether or not I'm excited. The suit is at the heart of what made me fall in love with robocop in the beginning.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote

As been told by the the director, the new movie mostly takes place during the creation process. As such we can assume Murphy will only become Robo at the end of the movie and the rest deals with him being a cop, getting killed and being turned into a machine.

I'm sure they will get some action scenes in there as well, but I expect to see a movie focused on the emotional aspect more, which is good or bad depending on your point of view.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote

So having watched Elite Squad 2 on netflix over the weekend I have too say I was pretty suprised that the film garners so much praise....Its an average actioner and alot of the camera work just seemed too hack into whats in vogue right now..Maybe it's the first movie in south america too feature proper weapons handling techniuqes?...I don't see the greatness thats been attached too this film..And as I've stated before I'm not expecting much from Robocop..I like a relative unknown in the lead that seems too be the first solid step in the right direction for the production..But I'm telling ya now if those intial concept design's that keep popping up turn out to actually be for this production.....then they've lost me and I hope they crash and burn at the box office..Harsh..Yup.They're F'n with My "Superman" here..

RB 5648

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
So having watched Elite Squad 2 on netflix over the weekend I have too say I was pretty suprised that the film garners so much praise.

I think the praise it has been receiving is because the film is excellent for a BRAZILIAN production...which has nothing on Hollywood. So while it's a big deal for them, it's just another film to us. Keep in mind that Verhoeven came from a similar background, making some of the biggest Dutch films before heading to the US. I prefer Verhoeven's early work to what I've seen of Palh...the new guy's stuff, but there are a lot of similarities between the two.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote

Soldier of Orange was much more powerful, then Elite Squad 2..But I see your point Pimp..And to be honest that was kinda what I was thinking..

RB 5648

AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: "You gotta ask yourself one question, ED209, do you feel lucky?"

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:38 pm Reply with quote

From the sounds of it, this will be RoboCop for today's younger generation, but the fact it will concentrate more on the creation process and hopefully shed more depth on Murphy interests me. I can remember just before I watched RoboCop for the first time at my cousins' house in 1993, one of them said he was looking forward to seeing how they create RoboCop which only amounted to about 5 or so minutes.

RB 400

alex-murphy game-xbox
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard