New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop Video Game By Rockstar??? (IDEA)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

robodisciple
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote

I think an open world robocop game would be F***ING Epic!!!!! Ever since Titus released that crappy version of a game that they put robocops name on I always thought that it would be an awesome idea if they were to release an open world version of robocop!

I mean just think about it you could patrol the streets of Detroit Doing police work fighting against ED-209's and different versions of robo-cain and who knows what else! The possibilities are endless! Very Happy

RB 115

game-xbox
Silicon Knight
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote

I'd prefer a more focused, story-driven third person shooter like Vanquish, with SOME elements of open world roaming and side-missions, a-la Arkham City. The only problem, dodging, running, gliding etc. might look totally ridiculous with Robocop. Why not an HD side-scrolling shooter, a bit like an HD update of the Arcade game and Robocop Vs. The Terminator?

RB 248

Raymond
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote

yeah an open world Robocop game GTA style would be cool.

In the new movie Robocop is wirelessly hooked up to every CCTV in the city. Meaning he sees crime going on all the time. Players choice could be what crime to go after. A carjacker? murder? arson? vandalism? drugdealing?

But yeah problem is Robocop is way waaaaaaaaay to powerful for the normal street thug. So gameplay must be rewarding in other ways than always be under threat to die. Like you earn more "upgrade credits" or something the more crime and maybe the faster you solve crime. Then it can be used to buy upgrades or more powerful weapons that give access to new areas or more dangrous types of criminals.

To add more danger there could be Boddicker style gang that roam the city hunting Robocop. Also drones that sometimes malfunction that you can't defeat easily in a firefight but maybe have to flee from....until you got the most powerful weapons. Ofc it should also have some storyline where eventually OCP/Omnicorp turns against you sending even more dangerous opponents...like another cyborg.

It could also have vehicles like the motorcycle and police cruiser to travel faster. Maybe also the opportunity for special missions where your company our the police airlifts you to a special area like say a hostage situation or a terrorist camp that needs to be cleaned up.

RB 3724

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote

Again with the motorcycles... tongue That said, you made some good points. I agree that the game could have groups to try and hunt you down, bounty hunters as well as gang groups. The gangs could hack and convert EDs and droids to get you too, as shown in some of the comics.

As someone said about how dodging and such would look 'silly' with Robo, well, he's made some fairly agile moves here and there and it didn't look too weird. But indeed he wouldn't go anywhere in a real hurry.

I agree with Archive, this all is pretty much not gonna happen, but it would be nice to see it. Hell I would have liked seeing Mindchamber's game come to fruition. Bah, well, we can still dream of course.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:05 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Hell I would have liked seeing Mindchamber's game come to fruition.

I would like to see any fan project related to Robocop come to fruition, but the proof is in the pudding.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:03 am Reply with quote

Well there is Candyman's RoboCAIN figure, but that's probably about it though as for anything serious. There may have been some little stuff here and there but indeed nothing big has ever been fully completed I'm afraid.

Still, as I said, good to think about it though. And after all, a current RoboCop game could be done in many ways, and literally be so damn awesome.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:29 am Reply with quote

Candyman killed it, created a fucking incredible Cain with his two bare hands.

The only thing I can do is get tattoed more, I can't draw or create anything.

But I can drink a lot, throw RoboPartys and tell newbie's that the exposed hand is gay.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:44 am Reply with quote

robohell :
But I can drink a lot, throw RoboPartys and tell newbie's that the exposed hand is gay.

I guess that's why your a level 3 "Great Fan", while I'm a measly level 1...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote

would be a mega game

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Comment: I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote

That would be an awesome idea! I dunno if Rockstar would go for it, at least for the '87 version of the film. If anything, Rockstar might be interested in doing a Robocop 2014 version. Since its new and fresh.. and kids under the ages of 20 will recognize it. Let's face it, kids now adays know nothing about good films from when we were kids. They like a lot of the crap that's out there now. I asked one of my younger cousins if they have ever seen Robocop (he's 17)... his response was and I quote, "How can I see it if it isn't even out yet?" Now, at this point I am fantasizing about having my hands around his throat.. I quickly shake my head and tell him that there was an original that was made in 1987 and they made a sequel... I didn't bother mentioning Robocop 3 oh dear

So he looked at me all puzzled. And told me, that I was nuts and that I have no idea what Im talking about.

After my aneurism subsided, I told him to look it up on his little smart phone before I threw him out the F'ing window... he checks, and was blown away that Robocop existed in the 80's. I told him to watch it, I was going to let him borrow it to take a look and when he watches the "new one" he can make a choice as to which he preferred.

He checked it out and he loved it! Loved the violence, of course.. Didn't really care about the story.. he thought that Ed -209 looked fake and all that.

Kids now adays have absolutely no attention span whatsoever! Freaking kids! rage

RB 210

game-xbox
Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, I kind of went off on a tangent there... In other words, I would definitely support the game! Great idea!

...freaking kids rage

RB 210

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote

Should have choked him and threw him out the window anyway, Ron Miller style. Except he probably wouldn't bounce. Laughing

Bah, I've said it before, many will never understand RoboCop. At least he liked it though, so thats good.

Anyway, I've made my thoughts about a 'modern' Robo game already - third-person and done smartly pretty much. I still long for what MC could have given us.. Rockstar as been said is a good thought but I'm sure if they're the best for it though. Bah.

RB 52679

Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:39 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Should have choked him and threw him out the window anyway, Ron Miller style. Except he probably wouldn't bounce.

Lol. I probably should have. Yeah he liked all the blood and violence. He never really got the concept of the movie. Maybe he will appreciate it when he's older. He's still young, dumb, and full of... Well you kno. Freaking kids lol

RB 210

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard