New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

NECA Robocop with Spring Loaded Holster
Goto page Previous  1, 2

RoboDave
O-L5*

O-L5*

OCP POLICE 075

Comment: A sane man, in an insane world

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote

on a serious note, does anybody have any idea when it hits stores? I saw one guy had one on ebay but his listing just showed a picture of the prototype and said:

This item will be available for ship within 30 days from the date of purchase

first off he wants 63 bucks for it, and second he is in Hong Kong (major red flag there).

RB 696

delorean-car
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote

http://www.mintconditioncustom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/robocopholster.jpg

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:31 pm Reply with quote

Just wait I'll have all the intel tuesday..Neca is featureing this at SDCC..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote

The inside of the leg looks crap.

Hopefully that will change and it will end up on par with the rest of the figure.

RB 17918

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
egoing
R-L1

R-L1

Comment: United States

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:59 am Reply with quote

NECA make action figures that are sold in stores like Toys R Us. They will never be the detail of Hot Toys. The sculpted detail and cost involved is very difficult to achieve in 6" or 7"scale. They do make some of the most detailed 6" figure sculpts out there, sometimes they are off model. Even Hot Toys are known to have flaws in their 170.00+ 1/6 scale figures. NECA gave what most fans wanted a leg holster to store the gun. I commend NECA for stepping up to the plate. The FIGMA figure even cheated on the leg holster and that's a 50+ figure. Lastly they are most certainly an upgrade from the 1980s-1990s Robo figures.

RB 5

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I love NECA.

I have Terminator models, Bionic Commando, Bioshock, Dead Space and of course RoboCop to name a few and I'm very happy with their sculpts.

My problem is that Robo looks good, he's got a good size to him and the mouth is one of the better ones out there but the inside of the holster looks crap. There are no two ways about it. I'm sure it's not too difficult for NECA to improve on the detail because it seems that they have just gone for the bare minimum.

RB 17918

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
GoldenPimp
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quote

In case no one saw this yet.

http://youtu.be/vMm8bxvpoT8

RB 258

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote

So I just bought one of these off of Ebay and was wondering if anyone else has grabbed it just yet and their opinion of the quality and such. The video posted above was pretty sweet but I wanted a hands on answer from another fan. I only payed that much cause of the free shipping, so I figured that was a decent price...

Reel Toys Robo

RB 5960

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Burnout :
So I just bought one of these off of Ebay and was wondering if anyone else has grabbed it just yet and their opinion of the quality and such. The video posted above was pretty sweet but I wanted a hands on answer from another fan. I only payed that much cause of the free shipping, so I figured that was a decent price...

Reel Toys Robo

My wife got me one for Christmas and its pretty awesome. The paint job is a slight improvement over the original. They got the helmet set right so the nose isn't visible anymore. If you compare it with the original I think the face sculpt on this one is a little better. The holster is cool. Not much detail inside the leg. It's easy to work if you follow the instructions and ONLY push the front panel to close it. The gun is pretty hard to get out unless you have fingers the size of needle-nosed pliers. Other than that, I really like it.

RB 1391

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Hey thanks a bunch! Nice to know I did not waste the money. Its been a long while since I have added anything to the old collection but this helped scratch the itch.

On a side note you have the best wife ever for getting you something like this.

RB 5960

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote

Burnout :
Hey thanks a bunch! Nice to know I did not waste the money. Its been a long while since I have added anything to the old collection but this helped scratch the itch.

On a side note you have the best wife ever for getting you something like this.

Yeah she knows me pretty well. We were Christmas shopping for the 2yr old and I was looking at all the spring-loaded Robos and comparing for which one had the best paint job and she snuck back in and picked up the one I decided was best.
My sister ain't too shabby either. In the past for Christmas she's gotten me the Mezco Robocop figures, the Toy Island Robo3 gun arm in the box, and a RoboCop Tshirt. It helps to have a family who gets your obsession. Haha.

RB 1391

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard