New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

suspension of disbelief
Goto page 1, 2  Next

AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote

can anyone remember any times in any of the robocop movies or tv shows where something just shouldnt have happened based on previous knowledge?

the most glaring one to me at least is robocop riding a motorcycle............i'll see if anyone can guess why...

heres another, their OCP bulletproof vests in the first film should sustain a shotgun blast and not just come apart like that...if not, go back to the old steel and leather vests,right?

anyone have any weird things to add?

RB 643

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote

The major candidate for suspension of disbelief for me is when Cain and his gang capture Robo is the second film and proceed to strip him down.

I mean sure, Robo had his hand blown off by a high calibre weapon and took a large hook to the face, but are you telling me that Robo can't break the restraints and yet manages to pull Cain (who is a great deal stronger) off of a building?

It stinks of lazy writing. I'm sure these talented writers could have came up with something a little more plausable.

Another example of suspension of disbelief is RoboCop 3.

The whole film.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
The major candidate for suspension of disbelief for me is when Cain and his gang capture Robo is the second film and proceed to strip him down.

I mean sure, Robo had his hand blown off by a high calibre weapon and took a large hook to the face, but are you telling me that Robo can't break the restraints and yet manages to pull Cain (who is a great deal stronger) off of a building?

It stinks of lazy writing. I'm sure these talented writers could have came up with something a little more plausable.

The whole film.

all of 3? lol wow. yea ur right but 2 and 3 were producrs of what happens when people lose their balls after the first film.

i still dont know how they were able to strip robo....seeing as his suit is made by cyberdyne........indestructable.

in film one....he withstood ed 209, being blown up, shot by the entire OCP force and having steel dropped on him...........so a jackhammer and magnet should have had no effect.

RB 643

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote

AceAlive1 :
seeing as his suit is made by cyberdyne

Ooh, wrong film man.

Mistakes like that cannot go unpunished.

Fetch me the skin diving suit with the bottom cut out, and unleash the rampant wildebeest!

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
AceAlive1 :

Ooh, wrong film man.

I second that!

Fetch me the skin diving suit with the bottom cut out, and unleash the rampant wildebeest!

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
AceAlive1 :

Ooh, wrong film man.

have you not read frank miller's robocop?

RB 643

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote

AceAlive1 :
Now why would one do that!? We already got told what RoboCop was armoured with in the first movie!

There is a lot of things that could be disbelieved, such as walking away from such a high fall...

RB 2548

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote

Dick Jones' arms were waaaay too short throughout the film...it sucks, because everytime I see him I have to look away, except for the last shot of him where they finally get it right.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote

Zentron :
AceAlive1 :
Now why would one do that!? We already got told what RoboCop was armoured with in the first movie!

There is a lot of things that could be disbelieved, such as walking away from such a high fall...

well, i dont think miller had any involvement in that one,right? the video games and comic books with robocop vs terminator kinda give it away,zen.

RB 643

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:41 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Dick Jones' arms were waaaay too short throughout the film...it sucks, because everytime I see him I have to look away, except for the last shot of him where they finally get it right.

Laughing I love your style

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:16 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :

That... Was fuckin good. Laughing

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote

AceAlive1 :

in film one....he withstood ed 209, being blown up, shot by the entire OCP force and having steel dropped on him

He withstood as in "survived", but Ed blasted his body armor to pieces. Robo never looked more ragged and ripped apart than in the first movie. Regular weapons from SWAT also damaged him. The magnet in R2 wasnt the one that knocked him down, it was combination of severed arm, power drain and magnet field.

The only movie that shows Robo as unnaturally fragile is R3, where he gets hit by one grenade and had a major power drain to the point he cant move

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote

How did Mr. Kenney remain standing when he was shot 75 times by ED-209? Not to mention, how did Clarence lose 1 whole pint on blood in 2 seconds with that throat stab?
By the way, both scenes were excellent, just a bit exaggerated

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:25 am Reply with quote

Josh :

The whole film.

Laughing

and

RoboPimp :

Laughing Laughing Laughing

funniest things I've heard today! Very Happy

RB 4892

Ed-260
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard