New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Michael Kenneth Williams for Lewis?

Langlang1701
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:52 am Reply with quote

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/boardwalk-empire-robocop-michael-kenneth-williams-358715

He was at least good in Community, but I don't know about a male Lewis...

RB 142

beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:31 am Reply with quote

I like it! give him the role!

RB 5831

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote

Token black guy.

Check.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote

Male Lewis...I don't dig it..Don't care who they cast..It's a stupid idea and not intouch with the source material.Its this kinda info that sways me back too having little too no respect fro this project...I mean here ya go changeing shit just too change it..It's a pointless move..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
SyrioForel
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop in 1987 was ahead of its time in creating a role for a tough, female hero in order to go against the grain and show audiences something different, as well as to serve as commentary on a futuristic society and gender roles. And now, it *is* the future, the year 2012, and they decided to go backwards in time and stick to traditional gender roles -- cops are men, and their whiny (and grieving) wives are at home.

This was obviously a *conscious* decision on their part. They've been talking about Lewis being a male this time around many times now. The question is... WHY!? Just to be different? In their quest to be different and separate themselves from the source material, they're abandoning the key concepts that made the original so memorable. A female Lewis was a very specific, key aspect of that movie and that world. The writers of this remake seemingly have no idea why RoboCop *worked*.

See, I don't have a problem with them trying out new things for the remake, new characters, new plot points, etc. I don't think it's necessary for them to re-create the same scenes or the same lines of dialogue. But if they're gonna tell this story *again*, they really need to sit down and rethink why the original was so good that it NEEDS (at least in their minds) to be resurrected. And a tough-as-shit female cop who is introduced to audiences in a scene in which she beats the hell out of a scumbag is one of those key components that made RoboCop the classic that it is.

They're choosing the WRONG THINGS to change.

RB 112

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote

Okay, atleast they don't call him Lewis in that article... Who knows, he might get killed and be replaced by a Lewis - will give a little tension between her and Murphy...

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote

While I think the choice for having a male Lewis was a terrible, awful, backwards, inbred decision, I think Williams is a good choice for the role they've created.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
AK
DC-L1

DC-L1

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote

I don't know what to think about this... Lewis was an integral part of the original in that (I don't know how old most of you are) the 80's was still in the infancy of the 'powerful woman' ideal. With that said we're now what 25+ years after the fact? So now they're going to have to do something completely original; Have a black partner. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

RB 3269

alien-pulse-rifle
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote

AK :
So now they're going to have to do something completely original; Have a black partner. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

They did. They called it Robocop: Prime Directives

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
AK
DC-L1

DC-L1

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
AK :
So now they're going to have to do something completely original; Have a black partner. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

They did. They called it Robocop: Prime Directives

*Mental note: use hash tags or brackets
while being either sarcastic or facetious*.

You are absolutely correct, my good sir.

RB 3269

alien-pulse-rifle
DarthVader1
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote

AK :
RoboPimp :
AK :

They did. They called it "Robocop: Prime Directives"

*Mental note: use hash tags or brackets
while being either sarcastic or facetious*.

You are absolutely correct, my good sir.

I just did added the quote marks, and italized it. Wink

Completely agree with all of the above. I just have mixed feelings about not just a "male Lewis" character in the reboot, but as the whole reboot concept ovarall. Still loyal to the original one.

RB 2772

starwars-darthvader SW-Imperial game-xbox robo-rights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard