New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop script leaked? (possible spoilers??)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> General Robo Discussion
Arrofa
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Saasouza :
That is something that got my attention too. I'm taking it as a satire to the movie industry itself, although it sounds weird indeed. If these lines were really taken from the actual script then i'm happy to know they're maitaining the sarcastic tone of the original movie.

Maybe, we can hope in a R rated movie. I don't think it will be, but maybe...

RB 243

zach11
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: "yes, I understand"

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote

As a fan of the 1987 original, after reading the tidbits out so far, I am not sure that the MGM suits really care that much about the older fans, but would rather try to appeal to the next generation of fans. Our cash is what they are going to want, but by remaking it in their new way, I doubt they are going to please us. Personally, I think it is a poor business decision. Verhoven's Robocop worked - subsequent versions didn't. The Robocop suit is timeless for a human having his body made into a machine - it would not be sleek, it would have be oversized in order to encapsulate the body. MGM went bankrupt for a reason - poor business decisions for their films. My hopes for this Robocop reboot are not high.

RB 613

auto9 hamburger
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote

I got 10bucks here saying that they cahnge most everything about this reboot,This story is all over the net...Every film site out there has it...

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Sony Deleted all the Robo Talk on Facebook omnicorp!

At least that show's that they might have a slight concern about how this product is being percieved,Hopefully there are some BIG changes coming..See I differ in the whole I don't want to know anything dept cause Robo is my Star Wars,My Superman,My Star Trek and really in the fan community if we don't stay vocal and we don't shine a really bright light on absolutely shitty work then there would'nt be any reaction from sony,Look they got rid of the talk because it was mostly reacting negatively too info that had been released fans have an impact on shit at this stage in the game,Now if they were way into priciple photography we'd be ass out,So long story short be vocal be involved,Cause once the film starts rolling we get what we get and have no say at all.And let me just say this cause I know someones gonna say studio's don't give a shit about what we think well,Remember a series called Star Trek?saved by a letter writting campaign,Firefly a letter writting campaign brought fans Serenity a mere 10 yrs. ago on that one so you see they do pay attention,And why would'nt they it's where their profit margins lay right there in the fans wallet.

Your wish will be granted?

http://latino-review.com/2012/08/13/robocop-transformer-fights-terrorism/

New question: is this helping? If enough of us post this twitter stream and yell towards the creative team, can this horrible mutilation of Robocop be stopped? Is one man’s dissatisfied reporting enough?

I think I hope so. Because a movie with Michael K Williams, Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Hugh Laurie, and Jackie Earle Haley should – by all rights – be awesome(r than this sounds).

RB 5831

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote

This was a very important man's dissatisfied reporting thus why it's spread so far..

RB 5648

Officer Igor Antunes
Detroit Police | Omnicorp

Sgt-L2

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote

These reviews are bull shit. Yes, most of today's police parafernalia is made in China, yes, most big corporations do test their products in the battlefield (and recalls and upgrades are the last fashion in industry), Iran is the next possible target for the US military. That's today world folks, they're just reteling the story with today's elements - just like Verhoeven did 25 years ago.

I still have good hopes for the reboot, and i still keep my very classic and true one RoboCop 1 dvd with me.

RB 1741

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote

Officer Igor Antunes :
These reviews are bull shit. Yes, most of today's police parafernalia is made in China, yes, most big corporations do test their products in the battlefield

That's the problem for me.

It's not that they are making the RC-2000 in China or testing it out on the battlefield, it's that the reboot seems to be losing one of the key components that made the original so great. The intelligent satire.

Hardy har har the RC-2000 is being made in China because that's where everything from kids toys to motors are made. While satire, it's not clever. Just think of the idea of the original. Detroit is so fucked up that a mega corporation has to spend millions on building a machine and rendering the cities police force highly expendable just to stamp out crime, and said machine that would sooner blow you away in a violent way than actually talk to you about your problems and try to come to a peaceful resolution.

Now that's satire

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:53 pm Reply with quote

most of today's police parafernalia is made in China

Not so sure about that all my Uncle Mikes gear and Safariland gear is made right here in the good ole' U.S.A...Cheap replica shit is made in china most officer's would'nt trust there live's too that kinda gear..

RB 5648

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:15 am Reply with quote

It's the labor where they save the real money. Although alot of garbage comes out of China, it's only because that's how whoever ordered it wanted it made. Alot of high quality things come out of china. I've worked in factories here in the good ol USA and I promise you the tolerances and specs aren't as tight as you may think. Alot of shit is engineered here and manufactured with as tight of tolerences in China as it would be here. Can't compete when you can pay somebody who works 12 hours a day, seven days a week in pocket change and not have to insure them.

Laughing Rant over

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote

so is the actual script on the net? or just the rambling of some nobody.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Bauc
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: Dead or Alive you are comming with me

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote

Hello to all.

I've been reading you guys for a long time, and now its time to join in.....

I'm big Robo fan, as Robocop is my fav movie character ever.

For me there is only the original Movie, and maybe maybe in a dull day Robocop 2.

From what I can read here and on the net, I thnink that this "remake" will be total miss.....They just don't get the point what Robo stands for....They just wanna milk more money from an already damaged franchise.

Best Regards

RB 449

Muhlmi
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:20 am Reply with quote

Hi, for those of you who haven't read the leaked script, I'll be willing to post the link to the file or send the file, if it's allowed by this board. I personally didn't like it too much. Maybe it's the nostalgia factor, but i wasn't too impressed.

Had to make an account just so I can share this with fellow Robo fans. I'll post the link or file once I get the green light. If it's already been posted, my apologies.

RB 13

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:36 am Reply with quote

That would be much appreciated. I think a lot of us would be very interested to check it out. Me included.

Thanks, and welcome to the board. Smile

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Muhlmi
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote

Here is the link to the leaked script, as promised. I'm not sure which draft it is,but this is complete. Of course, the final film will probably differ somewhat, but at least we have the basic plot.

Have a look and let me know what you think:

LINK REMOVED (to stay out of trouble)

If the link doesn't work, please let me know and I'll try to upload the file; hopefully one of the administrators can help me do that. Thanks and have fun reading it.

RB 13

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard