New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

"Robocop Lime"

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J67a5pIKipA

A funny and creative retrospective on All Robocop Media.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote

Pretty ambitious work at over an hour long. The jokes were groan worthy though, really forced. I could not watch it in it's entirety. Everything is read from paper in a monotonous voice, even the so called jokes.

The guy can't pronounce Verhoeven and Kershner. *Groan*
Robot has a mark on his helmet in Robo2. It is Robo-Potter. *Groan*
Instead of using RoboCop, he uses Robo-poop, Robo-crap etc. *Groan*
Constant fart noises for comedic effect. *groan*

I applaud the effort and work put into it but the lame unoriginal "jokes" absolutely kills it.

I gave it a solid thumbs down, and I suggest everyone do the same.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote

I watched the first 13 seconds of this video and had to stop. Why? Well, if the shitty music choice was enough, it starts off by stating:

"THE ROBOCOP SERIES IS EXREMELY VIOLENT, BUT FOR SOME REASON HAS NO SCENES WHERE YOU SEE NAKED BREASTS"

This is inaccurate. Let's not forget the deleted scene, "Topless Pizza" , which is 110% what he is looking for. In addition, in the very beginning of the first movie, you can see both male and female naked breasts when all the cops are changing.

So not only does he start this movie out with some really lame music, and I guess something that is a stab at humor, he also gets his fact wrong IMMEDIATELY. I'm choosing not to go any further because he obviously hasn't done enough research...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote

haha, oops, I dunno, there was some behind the scenes info that I found interesting as well. "Like the Milk assassination". Though I draw and listen more than watch. So I zone out and concentrate more on what hes saying that how hes saying it.

The" bob Morton gets sexually assaulted in the bathroom" remark, made me chuckle too.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
In addition, in the very beginning of the first movie, you can see both male and female naked breasts when all the cops are changing.

Also in the club scene where Robo goes after Nash.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote

haha sorry. .. I didnt mean to incite rage tongue1

you're right about the breast stuff though.

RB 8111

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote

Yikes... maybe he was going for some wierd form of shock value? That or he thinks he's really cool...

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote

So, I'm watching this. Apparently, I can't stop listening in.
The jokes are fine, the fart jokes are a bit too abundant, and the pacing is good.

However, narrative skills are shit, and it sounds like it is from the point of view of a fanboy just pointing out the flaws we all know and have been used to by now.

But the fart jokes are too many.

as of now, I'm only halfway thru...

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
So, I'm watching this. Apparently, I can't stop listening in.
The jokes are fine, the fart jokes are a bit too abundant, and the pacing is good.

However, narrative skills are shit, and it sounds like it is from the point of view of a fanboy just pointing out the flaws we all know and have been used to by now.

But the fart jokes are too many.

as of now, I'm only halfway thru...

its decent background sound ,when you are working on something.
I did stop to listen about the milk assassination, and the kadafi school stuff.

But its true we all know this stuff. Its more like a recap for people who dont i guess.

RB 8111

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote

Yup, ended with a fart joke.

The commentary was entertaining. I actually enjoyed the bit on PD. Holy shit, that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Everytime i attempt to watch it, I can only get halfway through the second part before I shut it off and give up. I don't think I've seen the other 2 in years. I can't do it.

Interesting find. Thanks for sharing it.

RB 700

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote

np.. the music of PD is easily the most painful part. I can actually watch bits of PD with no sound. but that mariachi band shit.., uggh

RB 8111

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote

I hear that...
Not that I'm against Mexicans, I just can't take the music as long. Ecspecially in a Robocop movie. He'll, the series score wasn't as good as the movie, but at least they tried to approximate it close enough. If the producers were allowed to use scenes from the series, why not the score? Probably the most realistic reason...

They were too broke to pay the license fees for the score. The probable BS reason, they didn't want there to be confusion, and to have it stand on its own legs. But the entire movie was 60% reused scenes, mirrored scenes and the use of old scenes from the series...

Ugh, getting off my soapbox. PD hate should be reserved for the other topic.

God! I hated PD.

RB 700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard