New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Anyone Going to See Dredd This Friday?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote

friends havent stopped texting me about this movie, I will probably see it tomorrow

CREDITS 3259

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote

"FREEZE!"

"Why?"

Hahaha I lost it.
The comedy bits in the movie were subtle, few and far between, but they were damn good.

I thought that the majority of action and violence were right on point too. What else can you say really? I'm not a diehard Dredd fan, but I really can't complain outside of the crappy 3D and overuse of slow-mo. Even the score was badass.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote

I dug the 3d maybe you just did'nt get a good theater or somehting,between that and the slomotion sequences it really pulled you in to that drug induced effect they were going for...And Ma Ma falling at the end just popped off the screen at my viewing I think the problem with 3d resides in the equipment at certain theaters..

CREDITS 1111

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
I dug the 3d maybe you just did'nt get a good theater or somehting,between that and the slomotion sequences it really pulled you in to that drug induced effect they were going for...And Ma Ma falling at the end just popped off the screen at my viewing I think the problem with 3d resides in the equipment at certain theaters..

I think you're right.

I didn't go much on the 3D and neither did my mate who I went with, but another mate who lives a couple of hours away said it was some of the best he'd seen.

The weird thing is though me and my mate watched it in the cinema newest screen, which was apparently specifically designed for 3D.

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
WeKilledYou

L-L4

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote

The theater that I go to is supposed to have the "best technology" for 3D movies, but most movies I've seen there have been really dark. So maybe you're right.

The slow-mo stuff was fine for the drug effects. But I think it would be just as effective without the 3D. However I would be willing to rewatch it in 3D at a different theater.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
hotrodled
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote

I hope its as good as the classic verison.

CREDITS 66

game-xbox Scratch Card hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote

hotrodled :
I hope its as good as the classic verison.

Thank god it wasnīt as "good" as the "classic" version. This is based on a comic, the previous was Demolition Man 2.

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:15 am Reply with quote

I saw it in theaters and plan on picking it up on blu ray, I hope enough word of mouth gets around to make it kind of a cult hit so they make some sort of sequel. Karl Urban is really devoted to the part so that should help after the less than stellar box office reception. Hey stranger things have happened! Even Riddick and Tron Legacy, two franchise's I love but are not necessarily huge successes are getting more sequels so that something.

CREDITS 2702

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote

Would be nice if theyīd do the secuels they did they had in mind as a trilogy.

Urban is pretty good as the title character. Badass and at moments he looks like the Dredd from the comics (pissed mouth and chin). Iīm not a fan of slow motion on action films, but I dig the use of it on this film.

And I loved the action. I laughed with a friend at the cinema. When violence itīs over the top, I find it funny, so I had a good time watching this movie. Canīt wait to have it on DVD.

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: "You gotta ask yourself one question, ED209, do you feel lucky?"

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote

Quote:
This is based on a comic, the previous was Demolition Man 2.

Laughing

Spoken like a true gent. That is what it should have been called as he wore almost the same sort of clothes as John Spartan and there was a lot of impressive firepower on display. A good plot would have been Spartan being sent to futuristic New York to stop his evil criminal brother.

CREDITS 254

alex-murphy game-xbox
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:30 pm Reply with quote

I finally saw it. Posted my two-cents about in the "Post everything you watched" thread. Long story short - it was good, but I still like the Stallone one as well. In terms of production design, it just blows the new one out of the water.

CREDITS 3040

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
And I loved the action. I laughed with a friend at the cinema. When violence itīs over the top, I find it funny, so I had a good time watching this movie. Canīt wait to have it on DVD.

I went with my fiance and we had a blast watching it. Every time someone's body exploded with gore we both freaked out, luckily the other folks in the theater had the same mentality so we didnt annoy anyone. I love that shit!

CREDITS 2702

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
WeKilledYou

L-L4

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote

I finally picked up the blu ray of Dredd, and I was quite disapointed with the lack of bonus content. No commentaries? Ugh, and all the brief features total up to about twenty minutes, and they're all pretty vague.

Either way, stoked to own it and watch it again.

CREDITS 112

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
I finally picked up the blu ray of Dredd, and I was quite disapointed with the lack of bonus content. No commentaries? Ugh, and all the brief features total up to about twenty minutes, and they're all pretty vague.

Either way, stoked to own it and watch it again.
Sadly it's so that they can bring out a second release with a ton of extra's and call it a 'Special Edition' or something along those lines and charge a hefty premium! They've done it with several movies, such as Avatar!

CREDITS 1476

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard