New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New suit and set photos from RoboCop 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
Raymond
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Geez,Raymond really Likes that whole very non Robo take..I personally don't want to see Robo running or tradeing punches with a perp,Thats what we have Dredd for..Robo is a unstoppable plodding tank of a machine with the soul of a good man that just keeps coming at ya, you can't stay in one place long enough to do your dirt because he'll be there,Crashing in the door,marking his targets,Taking out the trash.....Thats ROBOCOP.

That was Robocop. The old Robocop that will always remain in memories, on VHS and on dvd/blu-ray.

This new Robocop? Who the hell knows what he is except the production crew. His legacy remains to be seen.

But I think it would be easier for many of you to let go of what he was and think of it as a new start.

I didn't have anything against old Robo. He kicked ass. But still I think by Robo3 they had definitely hit a roadblock with that old style and suit. Even if they had Weller and a bigger budget what would they do? Keep Robocop raiding factories, slowly walk around and no-look shot ppl? That had been done so many times already.

I don't mind a reboot. It's gonna wash away some of my bad memories with R3 and PD. The concept and overall synopsis of Robocop is fantastic. I leave it at that.

RB 3724

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote

Raymond :
lol. Wonder how many people got their entire basement full of Robocop 87 toys or something. Don't live in the past. 1987 isn't coming back. This isn't Robocop 4 or Robocop 1.1 redux. This is a new deal. This is Robocop 2014 Padilha-style with a 100M budget.

You are entitled to your opinion but seriously man, take it easy with the attitude. You are not gonna win anyone of us over acting like an arrogant douchebag.

You are visiting a ROBOCOP messageboard. With it goes a certain loyalty and attachment to the original suit and portrayal of the character. As such you will have to forgive us if we will not jump on the "remake totally rocks" hype train just yet.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Yeah,I don't get this approach on a fanbased board,Seems like random trolling for the most part with these "New Robo" guy's...

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
You are visiting a ROBOCOP messageboard. With it goes a certain loyalty and attachment to the original suit and portrayal of the character. As such you will have to forgive us if we will not jump on the "remake totally rocks" hype train just yet.

Careful Archive, remember its a reboot!

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote

robohell :

Oh yeah, that's right. Or is it "re-imagining" it's called now. I can't keep track.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote

The eternal question, is it possible to praise something without denigrating the opposite?

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote

I just realized that powerful and iconic scene of Robo removing off his helmet and looking himself in a mirror won't be present in the new film right?

I mean, we assume new Robo will show sometimes his human face to the public, so it is impossible for the screenplay to play with that behind-the-helmet mystery.

Remember the original, there is a subtle expectation of what is behind the helmet, just Murphy's face? And how they hinted the human eye in the fight with ED-209, and then it was a very deep and emotional moment when Robo removes his helmet (a bit of suspense is added because he needs to use the drill first) and then voilā, we see his face in the mirror with a beautiful and sad melody by Poledouris, there is Murphy, but it's not exactly him, it's like a big hairless half-mechanic skull... Poetic enough to not look disgusting.

That was one of the most powerful and iconic moments of the whole film, visually and musically, with deep dialogue "Murphy had a wife and son. What happened to them?" / "I can feel them, but I can't remember them".

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :

I just realized that powerful and iconic scene of Robo removing off his helmet and looking himself in a mirror won't be present in the new film right?

I mean, we assume new Robo will show sometimes his human face to the public, so it is impossible for the screenplay to play with that behind-the-helmet mystery.

Remember the original, there is a subtle expectation of what is behind the helmet, just Murphy's face? And how they hinted the human eye in the fight with ED-209, and then it was a very deep and emotional moment when Robo removes his helmet (a bit of suspense is added because he needs to use the drill first) and then voilā, we see his face in the mirror with a beautiful and sad melody by Poledouris, there is Murphy, but it's not exactly him, it's like a big hairless half-mechanic skull... Poetic enough to not look disgusting.

That was one of the most powerful and iconic moments of the whole film, visually and musically, with deep dialogue "I can feel them, but I can't remember them".

Perfect, I couldn't have said it any better.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote

I guess since they give a lot of time and importance to the building process of Robo, the plot will completely lose that aura of mystery around Robo/Murphy.

In that sense it will be more Frankenstein than Golem. Frankenstein is about science and how it was 'assembled', the Golem reminiscence gave him a more magical touch, it was mysterious how Robo really worked inside and what was really left of Murphy.

RB 6857

Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
The eternal question, is it possible to praise something without denigrating the opposite?

It's something that's only gonna get worse the closer we get to the premiere I fear.

Guys and gals that can only relate to the new movie will visit and tell us how crappy those old movies are. Current kids and students that have grown up with a certain type of flashy new action movies will naturally not get the appeal of our "classics." It's understandable. It happens all the time.

But I don't think it is fair to judge us all as senile bastards stuck in our old ways. A lot of us genuinely look forward to the new movie, we just like to do it a bit more cautiously and reserved.

RB 348130

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Archive :

But I don't think it is fair to judge us all as senile bastards stuck in our old ways. A lot of us genuinely look forward to the new movie, we just like to do it a bit more cautiously and reserved.

In my times, movies were great! We didnīt need rubber black suits, except for Batman! We did it with fiberglass!!

Sometimes I thought some members act like "trolls". Itīs ok to be excited about it (hell, I wanna see a new RoboCop movie too), but the fanatism about the new movie itīs pretty hard to believe.

Somebody said that we donīt need black rubber with muscles on it as a Robosuit and luckily we donīt have it on the new suit. Well, take a new look and tell me that this new Robo doesnīt have human shapes on it. Of course itīs not 100% accurate, but why he would need to look to a human torso, for example?

The suit was made by the dudes from Iron Man, right? They could do a more robotic looking suit, since the character is called RoboCop. I like how the Tony Stark suit looks in the screen. It looks bulky and, as Raymond would hate us to say, he could move fast and even run.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Sometimes I thought some members act like "trolls". Itīs ok to be excited about it (hell, I wanna see a new RoboCop movie too), but the fanatism about the new movie itīs pretty hard to believe.

That thought have crossed my mind as well. It does seem a bit ridiculous when absolutely EVERYTHING about the new movie is amazing.

Trolls came to my mind but also movie production crew. Could it be that they sent out people to hype the movie on this forum? I'd say probably not, but the absolutely unconditional love some have for the new movie is indeed a mystery. At least to me.

RB 348130

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
robohell :

Oh yeah, that's right. Or is it "re-imagining" it's called now. I can't keep track.

It doesn't matter anymore Archive, all you need to know is that whatever its fucking called it is superior to the original in all aspects, he won't be slow anymore so you can forget about that annoying THUMP, THUMP, THUMP sound FX, oh and he's moves more like a human, so you won't be bothered by any robotic movements or any those sound FX's anymore, and you won't have to worry about him wearing that damn helmet anymore through the whole movie, the rebootaimagining has him taking it on and off whenever he wants!!! this way you won't have to bothered with that little thing called suspense!!

RB 106381

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote

Also, is "nice" how some people like some kind of changes:

- Lewis as a black man: I think the surprise factor of the first movie is that you have an action movie with a woman as a sidekick. Having a male partner isnīt a new thing. Even they do that in Prime Directives, which has a lot of love from a lot of members here.

- The hand thing: I think itīs a move called "letīs do the things the previous movies didnīt do". No real arms? Letīs put a real hand. We still donīt know if thereīs a reason in the script, isnīt it? Iīd like to see RoboCop in flames like in the previous films. Will he raise his arm to avoid the flames catch his hand?

- The helmet thing: As Artuditu said, it kills the surprise factor. Also, looks like we have the same kind of mechanism Iron Man has: the visor will flip like the metal face in the Tony Stark series. Also, it looks what we saw itīs the final head of Murphy. So donīt expect the face with a metallic skull, wires and details.

- Robo being fast: Another average thing: I hope it wonīt look as cheesy as the robots from EVERY SINGLE RECENT SCIFI MOVIE.

- Robo fighting with hundreds of robots/drones/whatever: Ok, I admit it could be amazing, but RoboCop works for me because the real bad guys are human. And RoboCop was top notch technology in the movies, but thatīs it. You had him and 209 and the rest of the tech in the movie is based on reality (ok, ok: they had DVDs before the real ones).

I donīt have anything wrong to say about Padilha for the moment, but they change some key elements from the original to put average elements instead. I canīt believe some fans claimed that RoboCop needs to be fast and have a bike to move better.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard