New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Official Omnicorp site UPDATE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote

Its good to see an update and a decent one at that.

I don't mind ED, it's a shit load better than the very first one we saw and I can tell that is ED (although not as good looking as the original). The drone however is a boring as hell design.

The gun that the RC-2000 uses is cool though. It looks unique without being to ridiculous.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:09 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
Its good to see an update and a decent one at that.

I don't mind ED, it's a shit load better than the very first one we saw and I can tell that is ED (although not as good looking as the original). The drone however is a boring as hell design.

The gun that the RC-2000 uses is cool though. It looks unique without being to ridiculous.

Josh, since when are you bipolar? LOL Smile

RB 5831

Raymond
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Looks just like the concept art from the promo reel so nice to see they could make it a reality. The 3D models are nice.

The site itself is not so nice but I guess they are deliberately making it feel like a crappy company page as satire with the smiling "stock photo" people etc

The product descriptions are the greatest part, especially for EM-208 and ED-209.

Stuff like
"450+ “Life-Saves” per unit in field (median)",
“Neighborhood Serenity” leads in 1,000+ communities"
"Conversant in 1,500+ languages, AI-enabled “crisis decision tree”
"9,000+ projected “Life-Saves” Honoree, Baghdad’s “Bright Future’s Program”

is definitely something a real life Omnicorp would use to market Smile

RB 3724

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote

The drone design seriously reminds me of the failed prototype in Robocop 2, you know the one....we all were SUPPOSED to laugh at it. Apparently the new guys didnt get the memo.

RB 5960

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote

This could look bad for OCP, Johnson. Scramble the best spin team we have.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote

I like the site setup.
It's not that bad. Note: at the bottom of each page, it has "The Film is Still Not Rated"

SO, can I hope they changed their minds? Maybe we'll at least get an unrated edition on blu-ray/DVD.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:16 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
Maybe we'll at least get an unrated edition on blu-ray/DVD.

That's an awesome and totally feasible compromise which now has raised my expectations just a bit.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote

beer :
Josh, since when are you bipolar? LOL Smile

Haha!

I've never said I've hated the reboot just some of the decisions they have made with it like the generic suit and human hand.

I've liked some of the script such as !SPOILER! the scene where they make Murphy's wife look at his remains. I'm just glad that after a hell of a period of stagnation we've got a nice update.

RB 17812

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote

AHHH!
Spoilers!
Lalalalalalala!

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
AHHH!
Spoilers!
Lalalalalalala!

As shit man, I'm sorry about that.

I'll add a spoiler tag on there.

RB 17812

Bob Obba
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote

I dont know if this site is trying to be ironically cheesy, but it's doing a very good job. There is a heady mix of an html template mixed with "let's design it like Apple's site" thinking going on.

I know we can all look at the images and say "haha look, a farmer with an ED-209 and an old lady going to the shops with her EM-208, what a ridiculous counterpoint" but it's not satire, it's just feels like bad humour. I can imagine they have the same kind of self confidence about their marketing as George Lucas did while writing Jar Jar Binks'. tongue Then again this is just the marketing team ... which is trying to sell the film, not push us away.

For me, and this simple image sums up the whole attitude toward this film;
http://www.omnicorp.com/images/hero-programs.jpg

A casual glance you would think that this is just a 'cool tech lab' but so many of the elements when jammed together don't work, the panelling, the windows, the shelving, the functions of the sink and cupboards. I know it's a totally irrelevant image, but it just feels so lazy and badly designed. and the whole thing ends up feeling soulless and hotch potch.

Why didn't they just crib some digital set pieces from the film? Wouldn't that save a lot of effort and provide a nice tie-in? Where a set designer has actually put some thought and consideration into it.

And if that image is an actual set piece? Well that make's me sad.

RB 191

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote

I don't think they are meant to be taken seriously, they are overtly bad mock ups of something that will make people go "ooh, a rich company's tech lab" and help install a belief in them that whatever they are saying or doing must be right. It's kinda obvious that to most normal, sensible minded people that these are terrible looking and that OmniCorp are just a money-making company that can't fully be trusted.

RB 18145

Bob Obba
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quote

Paddy :
I don't think they are meant to be taken seriously, they are overtly bad mock ups of something that will make people go "ooh, a rich company's tech lab" and help install a belief in them that whatever they are saying or doing must be right. It's kinda obvious that to most normal, sensible minded people that these are terrible looking and that OmniCorp are just a money-making company that can't fully be trusted.

Perhaps I am indeed underestimating or misunderstanding their intentions about how they're using this site. But maybe after this long I just want to see something that makes me 'wow' instead of groan :P

RB 191

Sideromelane
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: We might die and be destroyed. But we do not surrender, and we never -- Ever -- Quit.

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote

Bob Obba :
I dont know if this site is trying to be ironically cheesy, but it's doing a very good job. There is a heady mix of an html template mixed with "let's design it like Apple's site" thinking going on.

I know we can all look at the images and say "haha look, a farmer with an ED-209 and an old lady going to the shops with her EM-208, what a ridiculous counterpoint" but it's not satire, it's just feels like bad humour. I can imagine they have the same kind of self confidence about their marketing as George Lucas did while writing Jar Jar Binks'. tongue Then again this is just the marketing team ... which is trying to sell the film, not push us away.

For me, and this simple image sums up the whole attitude toward this film;
http://www.omnicorp.com/images/hero-programs.jpg

A casual glance you would think that this is just a 'cool tech lab' but so many of the elements when jammed together don't work, the panelling, the windows, the shelving, the functions of the sink and cupboards. I know it's a totally irrelevant image, but it just feels so lazy and badly designed. and the whole thing ends up feeling soulless and hotch potch.

Why didn't they just crib some digital set pieces from the film? Wouldn't that save a lot of effort and provide a nice tie-in? Where a set designer has actually put some thought and consideration into it.

And if that image is an actual set piece? Well that make's me sad.

No, guys, thats a Sarif Facility!
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/522930-deus-ex-human-revolution-windows-screenshot-introduction-in.jpg (EDIT: Holy crap that was far higher resolution than I was lead to believe. Link instead.

RB 76

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard