New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

MGM - Massive Youtube RoboCop video takedown
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote

In a nasty twist MGM's now started going around youtube, deleting, blocking and giving out copyright claims on any RoboCop related video they find. Apparently this has affected hundreds of videos and channels on youtube that has any RoboCop movie footage or music in them.

The Archive youtube channel also got a bunch of videos blocked. I tried my luck in disputing the copyright claim on the "Facts and Fiction" documentary videos, thinking they should fall under "fair use". Unfortunately MGM did not agree and proceeded with deleted the videos.

While it is not uncommon for companies and studios to do these kind of short-sighted raids on videos related to their product (you might remember the recent SEGA youtube fiasco) it always turns out nasty and hostile towards fans who often created the videos with love for the particular product or character.

While MGM's always been, seemingly, cool with fans doing videos from the original movies this effectively changes things. Instead of seeing video makers like the RoboCop Archive as useful allies, MGM now apparently thinks the best way to promote and advertise the upcoming RoboCop 2014 release is to take down anything and everything RoboCop related on Youtube.

MGM, I think you're slime.

RB 348819

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote

Fuck MGM,This just goe's with the entire deal..I'm really disgusted with how they've handled everything.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote

I think I can speak for robohell when I say our asses are still sore from the screwing they gave us over the Alamo Drafthouse deal. It feels as if I tripped and fell on top of a Fusilli Jerry. "Million to one shot, Doc! A million to one!!"

Stay classy MGM.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote

Thatīs the "funny" thing: I think Archive (like me) just put and made those videos for fun and as a tribute to the character. I could understand it if they claim theyīre losing money with them, but itīs not the case.

MGM is doing pretty well: They doesnīt release stuff from the new movie and they try to block every single Robo video on the net. Good job, MGM! oh dear

RB 12188

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RMorrison81
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Is there anything I can reasonably do to change your course of action..?

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Well, if they're trying to alienate the old school then they're doing a pretty good job of it! Some great stuff has been removed from the web and it's a shame because some of the fan made stuff would help raise awareness of the character to the uninitiated.. Pretty sad.

RB 315

Saasouza
L-L1

L-L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Those "Remaking RoboCop" series are still online along with most of the fan filmed stuff.. Are you shure about that?

RB 943

ED-209-2013 remake-gun baby-food
RMorrison81
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Is there anything I can reasonably do to change your course of action..?

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote

Saasouza :
Those "Remaking RoboCop" series are still online along with most of the fan filmed stuff.. Are you shure about that?

Well there was a great fan made trailer using some music from the game Deus Ex: Human Revolution that has vanished.....

And some other stuff is missing too... I did see the Remaking Robocop docs where still there too..

RB 315

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:31 pm Reply with quote

RMorrison81 :
Saasouza :

Well there was a great fan made trailer using some music from the game Deus Ex: Human Revolution that has vanished.....

And some other stuff is missing too... I did see the Remaking Robocop docs where still there too..

Is this the trailer you speak of? Either way I think this is the best one ever made.
http://video.golem.de/audio-video/3080/robocop-(1987)-kinotrailer.html

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote

Saasouza :

This recent youtube raid by MGM seems to be entirely related to footage from the original three movies. It's a new twist since MGM in the past haven't cared much about people uploading RoboCop videos.

When a remake video is removed it is always by Sony/columbia pictures. They seem to be resting the copyright trigger finger for the moment.

RB 348819

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RMorrison81
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
RMorrison81 :
Saasouza :

Is this the trailer you speak of? Either way I think this is the best one ever made.
http://video.golem.de/audio-video/3080/robocop-(1987)-kinotrailer.html

No it weren't that one, but that one is quite good! Shame I can't fin the one I'm on about because it's moody and atmospheric.... Damn Shame..

RB 315

Robojeep
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote

Do they not want anyone to see this remake? Cause the way there going there doing a good job of putting us off! Why cant they see it as a positive. Muppets!

RB 475

BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Hmmm....a silver lining maybe? Perhaps they are actually gearing up to release a trailer, and they don't want the youtube searches to get clogged up with fan made stuff and old Robo footage, instead of official promos?

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
This recent youtube raid by MGM seems to be entirely related to footage from the original three movies.

True. I still have online videos from The Series or PD.

RB 12188

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Robojeep
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote

They could release it on the omnicorp website first

RB 475

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard