New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

MGM - Massive Youtube RoboCop video takedown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

TheVindicator
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: "They thought they took his life...now he wants theirs."

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Lol. I wish they quit blocking RoboCop videos like crazy. But it's not the case. I tried to reupload both my tributes to RoboCop 2 and they got blocked by MGM. It seems they care sooo much about RoboCop 2 due to their persistent blocking of any music videos or content using footage from it but they can't give the film a worthy release on Blu Ray and DVD with features and deleted scenes? I thought they could care less about clips of RoboCop 2 on you tube. But I guess not. Assholes.

RB 585

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote

In some cases they block the ID of the actual video file you previously got blocked, so rendering a new one with some minor changes worked for me in some instances.

Also, they seem to be blocking mostly sound, so there are ways to cheat the system by using only video or talking over the music.

I have most of my older videos re-uploaded but with minor edits here and there. I had to replace certain RoboCop music tracks that youtube seemed to instantly block.

RB 348819

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:39 am Reply with quote

I can't believe MGM is pulling this kind of bullshit. I mean if anyone here REALLY wants to post some RoboCop videos or tributes, you're better off posting on Vimeo or Dailymotion...at least MGM doesn't give a shit about their content being posted on those sites.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Comment: Always around robots, real and fictional

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
I mean if anyone here REALLY wants to post some RoboCop videos or tributes, you're better off posting on Vimeo or Dailymotion...at least MGM doesn't give a shit about their content being posted on those sites.

Don't. Do. That. Vimeo is no better than MGM, trust me. I saw my account blocked for posting a video gallery of my artwork with a background music that they considered apparently 'stolen'. Dailymotion may be better, although I have no experience with it, so don't take my word for certain. :roll:

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote

LuanaTF :
Sin_Valor :
I mean if anyone here REALLY wants to post some RoboCop videos or tributes, you're better off posting on Vimeo or Dailymotion...at least MGM doesn't give a shit about their content being posted on those sites.

Don't. Do. That. Vimeo is no better than MGM, trust me. I saw my account blocked for posting a video gallery of my artwork with a background music that they considered apparently 'stolen'. Dailymotion may be better, although I have no experience with it, so don't take my word for certain. :roll:

I don't even know why corporations and video sites are just taking down videos like that, I mean it's not like they're monetising their videos, they're doing it all for free and the whole point of 'fair use' just flies over MGM's head.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Comment: Always around robots, real and fictional

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote

I have no idea, Sin_Valor, but this is pure exaggeration. There's no point in producing work of art if those who love it can't homage it somehow. Sad

And even monetizing is fair under some conditions (i.e. advertising).

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
TheVindicator
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:38 am Reply with quote

Yeah I have a vimeo account and I have posted a few things here and there on it. But mostly stuff for my web video class for college. The thing is with that account I get nowhere near the same amount of views I would on you tube, and it won't reach all of my loyal subscribers. Oh well, it's honestly not the worst thing ever. They let me post some tributes lately, so that's better than nothing.

Like this one for instance....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=727ppBPVkfY

RB 585

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:42 am Reply with quote

YouTube can be a bitch when it comes to copyright laws.

RB 2

TheVindicator
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:15 am Reply with quote

Tell me about it..I have had multiple accounts over the years suspended for bs copyright reasons. Some of which were just ridiculous. I had one suspended for getting a third strike for uploading a trailer of The Shining which had 50 million or so copies of the same one up on you tube, I had one shut down because a crazy fan of the 1983 film The Keep accused me of Copyright infringement for making a video using pictures from google images from his website of Keep picture and memorabilia that he does not personally own the rights to. I think he was just jealous I made my own special edition of the film before he got up off his lazy ass and did his. Oh and I got my last account suspended by Bruce Hornsby and the range for daring to make a a music video to Backdraft using their song from the movie's soundtrack.

Lately, though I haven't had nearly as much issues. My current channel has been up for 3 years now, and in part it's due to the fact that you tube has kinda took it easy lately with blocking videos, and that I am being a lot more careful. It sucks that I gotta be so selective with my videos because I really do enjoy making music video tributes but man..As much fun as they are to make they are not worth getting my account suspended over.

So in short..Yeah. You tube can be a major bitch with copyright laws sometimes.

RB 585

Silicon Knight
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote

I gave a name to my pain - MGM. They blocked some of my videos too.

I don't understand the logic - fanvids are free promotion. Also, there's a large percentage of mainstream viewers who only seek official trailers, featurettes etc. and simply ignore fanmade stuff (unless someone like cracked.com recommends them). There's no harm done with a music video, a montage, or a fan trailer (as long as the term "fan trailer" is prominent in the title) really.

RB 248

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard