New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The BEST moments in RoboCop 1-3 Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Addison81
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote

ROBOCOP- pretty much the whole film, but if I had to pick it's the end "Murphy" and smash cut to credits. It's actually an upbeat ending that gives me chills.

ROBOCOP 2- the Robo- Cain fight.

ROBOCOP 3- I don't remember much from it other than a jetpack and ninjas

RB 20

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote

I kinda like this guy...

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
JadeETC
Regular at rigatoni feeds.

Sgt-L1

Comment: Mind if I...zip this up?

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:13 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop:

RoboCop returns to his house to find out more about Alex Murphy and his family.

RoboCop 2:

"Isn't the moon wonderful tonight?"

RB -548

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:40 am Reply with quote

RoboCop 1: The final confrontation between Clarence and Murphy.

RoboCop 2: The failed prototypes and the awesome battle between Murphy and RoboCain...and now, a word on nutrition.

RoboCop 3: NOTHING! That movie was so full of shit, not even Otomo counts. Seriously, was there ANYTHING GOOD about RoboCop 3? I highly doubt it.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
Seriously, was there ANYTHING GOOD about RoboCop 3? I highly doubt it.

Well.. almost nothing that wasn't rehashed or recycled from elsewhere. I did have a bit of a soft spot for the gunarm, but even then I didn't think it was 'good' really, at least not how it was done in the film.

But actually, yes - The church scene where Robo cycles his Directives, leading up to Lewis getting shot. That is a nice scene. I would even call it good.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Sin_Valor :
Seriously, was there ANYTHING GOOD about RoboCop 3? I highly doubt it.

Well.. almost nothing that wasn't rehashed or recycled from elsewhere. I did have a bit of a soft spot for the gunarm, but even then I didn't think it was 'good' really, at least not how it was done in the film.

But actually, yes - The church scene where Robo cycles his Directives, leading up to Lewis getting shot. That is a nice scene. I would even call it good.

I knew that Lewis was partners with Murphy for years (or during the events throughout all 3 films), so yeah it was tragic that their bond would end at that moment. But I hated how they executed Lewis's death (no pun intended), I mean if she was going to die or sacrifice herself to save Murphy, it would've been in a better situation and scenario. That church scene just didn't feel right to me.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Comment: Always around robots, real and fictional

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
I mean if she was going to die or sacrifice herself to save Murphy, it would've been in a better situation and scenario. That church scene just didn't feel right to me.

Same here. Earlier we hear her refuse an anti-bullet protection because she's not on duty, but if you're going to follow a cop friend in his 'hunt', you're not going to refuse that. Confused That sounds more like an excuse for suicide or just bad scripting just because "kids are so stupid they're not gonna get it". :roll: Nah, kids get it.

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote

Note I said leading up to Lewis' death. That part isn't so good. But right before, with Robo standing down the Rehabs, looking back and forth between them and the refugees in the church, all while seeing 'Serve The Public Trust' and 'Protect The Innocent' is good stuff.

But Lewis getting stupidly shot, Robo getting stupidly knocked out by one grenade, and Robo smiling as Lewis dies aren't so good, no. tongue

RB 52679

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote

I don't know if I felt happy about OCP getting destroyed in the third movie...I mean were they really the main villains of the series? Well apparently they were, according to Miller, seeing as no-one else could think of another antagonist for Robo to fight, so yeah why not make OCP evil now because they're destroying Detroit and the Old Man isn't taking charge anymore for some unknown reason.

RB 2

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote

As far as Lewis dying, the only good thing about it was the setting and the music played during it. R3 shows us Lewis who thinks shes a bulletproof supergirl, even tho in previous movies she was using Robo as cover even when armored from tip to toe

As far as OCP being destroyed, I found it cliche and cartoonish, giant explosion while robocop flies away and saves the day....although the idea is sound, to have it destroyed in every possible way, with stocks and an actual physical destruction

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:45 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
As far as OCP being destroyed, I found it cliche and cartoonish, giant explosion while robocop flies away and saves the day....although the idea is sound, to have it destroyed in every possible way, with stocks and an actual physical destruction

They should've played OCP as becoming more corrupt throughout the trilogy. In the first film, they seem slightly evil at first, by wiping out Murphy's memory and just being corporate assholes as they are.

Then in the second film, they discreetly allow more crime in Detroit, convincing the people to let OCP use their weapons and technology as well as bringing Cain back to life.

Then in the third movie they go all out evil, they want to make severe changes to the city while suffering losses and they can barely do anything to keep themselves from going bankrupt and closing the company's doors...then it eventually gets destroyed and blown up...but now how they did it by self-destructing. :roll:

Well...that's Miller for you. tongue

RB 2

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quote

I havent read Last Stand yet (which is basically Millers original R3), but the blowup and all smells more like Dekkers writing to me. As for OCPs portrayal in R3, it wasnt so much that they were portrayed as the villain, since they were always the root of evil in the movies, but the comedic portrayal of it. In the previous movies they seemed like a real company , R3 just potrays it as if its a company from Police Academy movies, OCP is almost nothing but a comic relief in R3, and a dumb one too. Not funny in a "innuendo filled, satire" kind of way, but in a goofy, sort of Mr Bean humor style

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
firecop345
That One Guy Who's Just There.

O-L4

Comment: Dead Or Alive, Your Drinking Some Tea.

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote

There's one good moment that i can think of in RoboCop 3:

My Friends Call Me Murphy.....You Call Me..RoboCop.

Robocop 1: Dick..YOUR FIRED! *Directive 4 Disappears* Thank You..... *CEO kicks dick jones then robocop opens fire on dick jones*.

RoboCop 2: Cain! Lets Step Outside!

RB 2065

game-xbox
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote

Robocop 2 holds a lot of great quotes and moments. One of them that immediately comes to mind is,"YOU LOOK A LITTLE OUT OF BREATH, BITCH!"

I like the diner/stickup scene where we first see Lewis. That was pretty good.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard