New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 4K Blu-ray release for January 21.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:32 am Reply with quote

What content does it have? Is that a script of the film?

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Beauvoir
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:15 am Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
What content does it have? Is that a script of the film?

Not sure. The Japanese Amazon page for it doesn't translate very well.

So, I'm not totally sure what's on this but it sure looks awesome IMO!

Info about this release should be somewhere on this forum as this is the one-stop for RoboCop news!

Anyone on here know about or have ordered this Japanese edition?

RB 53

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:36 am Reply with quote

Beauvoir :
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/RoboCop-Directors-Cut-BOX-Blu-ray/93982/

Comes out next week in Japan.

Finally the GREAT poster art makes a comeback as a cover. I hate all those covers they did for DVDs and BD, with the exception of the trilogy on BD

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote

The covers that MGM did for the steelbook are horrible! Robo looks like a giant, and it uses lots of snips from several promotional pictures, I mean...wtf?! If I was working on MGM, I would simply fire all the design team and would do it myself.

The good old cover is simply amazing, why don't they use it? The Japanese did, so why not use it for the rest of the world?

RB 707

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote

You think the design's bad? What about the logo that looks blatantly identical to the logo from the remake? Why can't it be it's own completely different design instead of having to look similar to the remake's design?

The inside cover design isn't exactly great either.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote

DCell :
The Japanese did, so why not use it for the rest of the world?

Because the Japanese are awesome like that tongue The steelbook cover was probably designed by some young up-and-coming graphic artist fresh out of college who's seen the movie maybe once...

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote

Or worse yet, that may never have watched the movie yet. And perhaps believes the new reboot is awesome.

RB 707

Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Nice montage on the back, looks great. I think you're right about the front, the logo looks better on the left and not centered (where it's covering the foot partially). Not everything has to be centered, damnit. tongue

The 'Orion' is a nice addition, I think the DPD shield will be also.

Most of the original movie posters have the logo sized just a bit smaller, and left-justified.

Paddy :
I think this custom cover mentioned earlier looks practically perfect. Perhaps some little edits or additions like the OCP logo and "Video Concepts" like on yours would really finish it off nicely.

Yeah, this one is pretty cool, too.

RB 549

Scratch Card
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote

Indeed it looks very cool. I like how real the Hot Toys figure looks there (it was the best picture to choose, it doesn't show the armpits where you could see it's obviously a figure).

But perhaps I would choose some other more iconic small screen captures, those three are a little bit overloaded and unfocused with too many characters and background detail.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote

This cover looks amazing. I even like the use of the Robo-figure from Hot Toys. Well done Wink

RB 707

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
But perhaps I would choose some other more iconic small screen captures, those three are a little bit overloaded and unfocused with too many characters and background detail.

I think Trap's is much better in that regard. In fact I think it's perfect, though as I said, the front cover should be with the logo left-justified like her original one.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard