New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

TMNT 2014
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote

I just want to create a thread for the new Turtles movie this year as I know a few of us are fans of this too.

I love the parallels this has with Robo. T1 and R1 both have practical effects, suits and physical animations and really brought all characters to life for me and I still get chills watching these films. R2014 and T2014 are now delving into CGI and remaking of stories and characters and will be interesting to see where these go if they will be as real and successful as the originals.

I have just come across first news of TMNT 2014 figures so will share:

Quote:
THE TURTLES

- Each turtle has the weapons they should have. (YAY!) 2 swords for Leo, a staff for Don, 2 sais for Raph, a pair of nunchucks and a three sectioned staff for Mikey.
- Each turtle looks LIKE A TURTLE and not alien...at all. (BIGGER YAY!) In fact the designs are quite traditional and unremarkable, and feature far less texture than the 80's movie turtles. Eyes are fairly normal and not cartoonishly large. No beak along the nose area like some speculated. Three fingers and two toes.
- The sort of hunched over posture present in the actors in those leaked set pictures is present here.
- Amazingly, each character appeared to have a different physique with some (like Raphael and Leonardo) having super heroey muscle tone (though Raph appears more pumped up than Leo) and Donatello appearing slimmer..leaner. Michelangelo could possibly be slightly shorter than the rest.
- Each turtle's mask matches the color from the cartoons.
- Styles of dress are different as well with Leonardo in a sort of pseudo samurai gear get up including shoulder armor, some leg bits, arm bracer and foot wear up to the calf with bindings showing. He might have some armor (non metal) along his chest as well. Donatello's gear is a mix of techy, modern and a dash of samurai with more normal footwear (for a 2 toed giant turtle), some gadget on his head and gadgetry coming off of his shell. The ends of his mask are far longer than the rest, draping down to his waist. Raphael has adopted an urban warrior look with white, bandage-like wrappings on his feet, right leg, and right arm. He wears this very conan-esque loin cloth..thing..with leather straps draping down as if he were more suited for gladiatorial battle. Michelangelo's outfit seems the simplest with a hoodie wrapped around his waist, pants and sneakers with the toes cut out, wrappings on his hands and forearms, a necklace (could be puka shell beads?) and his mask ends drape down to his chest. He looks frighteningly ready to spit out some modern catch phrases.

SPLINTER

- Again, a very traditional design.
- Hair pulled up in a samurai..nub? Fu Manchu facial hair going on.
- His eyes seemed a little odd but I couldn't make out what was going on there.
- Slightly tattered samurai outfit with a blue upper half with gold accents, tan lower belted robes and blocky sandals.
- Comes with a samurai sword.

APRIL O'NEIL

- Nothing out of the ordinary here, especially since we saw her on set in her yellow jacket. Blue jeans, black boots up to her knees and a satchel across her chest.
- Worth noting the figure doesn't much look like her.
- Comes with a camera and 2 sai knives.
- Also might be worth noting she doesn't look very articulated and her heels may present a standing issue.

THE SHREDDER

- This guy looks like he owns stock in the Ronco knife company! Pointy edges coming off of absolutely anything. He'll be the stuff of ridicule for some time. Very overcomplicated outfit.
- Helmet is pseudo-traditional, adopting elements of the classic look (mostly the shape and key elements) with the top coming down over the eyes to the nose. Mouth area is recessed.
- Describing the rest of this armor is a nightmare. Suffice to say, even though he's covered head to toe in metal armor or blades, his arms are still mostly bare. It's a bit comical. He's got the shoulder pieces with the blades coming off them, the shin armor with the blades coming off them, black armor areas to offset the steel parts and a cape that looks metal with blades coming down the side. I'd expect we'll see him whip that around in battle.
- His only weapons (beyond his whole body) seem to be the bladey thingies coming off his forearm armor. The one on his right arm seems incredibly complicated..maybe a spinning blade?

FOOT SOLDIER

- No surprises here at all..just as drab as the goons in masks we saw on set.
- The figure designs are a bit more colorful with a brownish scarf, blue vest, black arms, tan pants, grey knee pads and black boots. They also seem to have made the mask more of a grey than the copper look we saw on set.
- The changes in colors and such lead me to wonder if they did that for the toy line just to bring something out for kids beyond a boring black outfit or has there been changes to the Foot Soldier's look? Our bet is the former. Makes little sense to put out figures that don't match the movie look, though....but it's not like it hasn't happened before.
- Figure comes with a small hand gun, a larger rifle and a knife. You may be able to strap the smaller gun to his leg in a holster sculpted on.

From http://idlehands1.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/new-movie-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.html

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote

Well, being that Michael Bay is involved, I am definetelly worried.

So far, I have enjoyed all the TMNT movies (yes, even the so-hated 3rd one, it was actually the first one I ever saw) and I am definetely a TMNT fan as a whole.
I am looking forward to it, but do not want to get my hopes up too much. Megan Fox is definetely not my favourite actress and I am not a fan of the designs for the Foot Soldiers.

Some time ago there was some concept art leak and the description of Leonardo here definetely fits with what the concept art showed. The concept showed Shredder's mask resembling a skull in the front and it looked terrifying, but from the looks of it, it didn't translate into the action figure.

I just hope it doesn't suck. I'll even take a "Meh, it was OK" movie, I just don't want to see one that absolutely sucks.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote

I agree with you RoboFan. I am still intrigued despite all the negatives it has going against it. Wish I'd have seen that concept art!

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote

I´m curious about this movie and how it´d look, but I´m afraid it´d be a shitty film.

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote

I've always felt the first movie is underrated, even if today it looks borderline B-movie it was something special.

Anyway TMNT is hugely popular again among children, so I wouldn't expect this film going back to the dark and violent underground tones of the original comic.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote

Very excited!
Together with RoboCop, TMNT is the other big 2014 movie I'm looking forward to.

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:09 am Reply with quote

^ Me too Archive. I am anticipating a good year for the cinema, but also prepared for disappointment Smile

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:03 am Reply with quote

Not too excited.

For the record, I don't mind Megan Fox. I just don't get all the hate towards her.

At least Bay didn't get Power Rangers then I'd be angry.

CREDITS 23

toaster baby-food game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:21 am Reply with quote

I couldn't blame Transformers too much because it was pretty good for a film whose source material was a toy line.

TMNT, on the other hand, is based on a comic book, and a very good one at that.

Both of these properties have come a long way from their source material with multiples cartoons which seem to be what they are most known for these days. I like the original Turtles a lot, and the sequels I haven't seen in over a decade but remember enjoying them. The cartoons for both series had their ups and downs, but for the most part I was not impressed. The classic stuff is good, both properties have been going down hill for a long time.

Based on all that stuff, I expect the film to be nothing more or less than decent. I'm guessing he's gonna go slightly more traditional with the presentation compared to Transformers, but I really don't see too much potential in any TMNT relaunch at this point.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote

I don't get the big turtle wagon at this stage. As the turtles are secret living in sewers and wear trench coat disguises, then suddenly bam out comes an enormous monster truck with turtle design paintwork. How not to draw attention to yourselves....

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote

Maybe they won't be going all that stealthy, considering this movie seems to be borrowing quite a bit from the 80s cartoon.
The Foot Soldiers look horrible though.

I'm also curious about what they'll do with the music. I loved Klaus Badelt's score for TMNT (and I really liked the movie, as a whole).

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quote

the new show is fantastic, and the last cgi movie was really enjoyable. as long as they stick to that core of action and humor it should be ok

CREDITS 3259

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:14 am Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
the new show is fantastic, and the last cgi movie was really enjoyable. as long as they stick to that core of action and humor it should be ok

I wouldn't call the new show fantastic, but it's definetely got some very strong elements. For example, I really love the interaction between characters, especially the Turtles. They seem very genuine. However, I'm not a fan of the storytelling itself, for the most part (SLIGHT SPOILER: and I for sure wouldn't want my kids to watch a show where a robo-monkey has butt-cannons and homeless people barf out mutant squirrels).

But, like you said, the new movie pretty much has to hit a decent combination of action and humor, like all the previous flicks did. Don't make it too dark and then go "But it's violent like the comics". Because, now having read the first four volumes of the original series, I find that it really isn't all that dark and serious. Sure, they slice people up from time to time, but the humor is still there.

CREDITS 2697

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:45 am Reply with quote

i guess I should reiterate I feel the show is fantastic in relation to the other shows before it.

The acting, animation, and humor is definitely wayyy better than the original show, and I personally never dug the TMNT show that came out before this new one.

CREDITS 3259

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard