New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Looking to hire a Robocop suit builder! Or buy one full!

kitfox21187
R-L1

R-L1

Comment: Dead or alive... something something something menacing...

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
I've been a passing guest of the RoboCop Archive for a while, oogling the photos of people's collections, the in-depth discussions regarding the material and all the various works in progress, but it's only now that I've decided to jump in and get a piece of the action.

Plainly speaking, I'm hunting an original RoboCop suit, full build, start to finish, paint, the works y'know? Either that or a complete suit purchase of an existing build.

As a bit of a hobbyist myself, I made costumes of my own in the past but unfortunately, due to an accident a few years back and the resulting nerve damage, I no longer possess the steady hands (or some of their fingers, haha) to do the fine crafting work things like this would require. One of my big goals before that accident was to attempt my own RoboCop suit, but yeah...

I've since taken up other hobbies that are far more forgiving artistically (digital art!) but I'm still craving a RoboCop suit of my very own. I've heard names like Quagmire9 and Anticlaus tossed around, so I'm open to suggestions for creators who'd be willing to work one up for me and I'm completely prepared to pay for the project. My main goal for this suit is to participate in costumed fundraisers for people in similar situations as myself in which you can probably guess RoboCop would be a pretty apt visual metaphor. And maybe the occasional convention, purely to show off. I mean come on, it's freaking RoboCop!

Anyone willing to chime in or help get me in contact with any of the fine folks building these wonders, please shoot me a line or a PM or whatever, it's all good. And please, don't feel you need to tiptoe around my accident. I've come to terms with it a while ago.

Thanks a bunch everyone! Look forward to hearing from y'all!
-Kit

RB 38

gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote

THERES ONE ON EBAY PALL

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
kitfox21187
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that one, but according to a few people in other forum posts, it's garbage.
I mean, to me it looks alright, but I've learned to trust other people's input, especially around here where there are so many pros popping in and out.

RB 38

gez1967

L-L3

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote

yes it looks ok tome but at the end of the day its the only chance you will get of getting one then u can spend time doing it up, I was really lucky with mine that it was all done, some times you have to bite your lip and just do it, my suit was like this once and who I got it from spent time doing it up

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote

Even the best Hansing suit will still have inaccuracies, some soft details, and be in dire need of a repaint. But they're also the only complete suits available. I think your best bet would be to wait for someone to sell their Hansing suit after already shoring it up... reinforcing the fiberglass, replacing the hinges, repainting, all that jazz.

But that could be next month, or it could be never. Here's hoping the new film will reignite interest enough to convince some to let go of their suits!

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
Prowler
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote

Hey I can't find the suit on eBay . Can anybody help out with the Link?

RB 136

gez1967

L-L3

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robocop-prop-costume-replica-movie-suit-Hero-Version/201033567599?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.RVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D4722911392210539220%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D20131017132637%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D171146915438

RB 1158

kitfox21187
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:06 am Reply with quote

I would like to go with the eBay one, but as I wrote above, I'm a little lacking in the fine motor skills department lately. Time was once I'd have jumped at that suit and restored it myself, but now unfortunately I know that if it's not in the best condition, it's not gonna be best going to me.
Much rather someone who has the time and ability take it and make something of it.
I'm just gonna have to keep hunting for a fresh build. There are folks out there who do it and make a pretty penny off it, I just gotta find 'em I s'pose.

Oh and that is a lovely suit gez1967. You're a lucky guy!

RB 38

Prowler
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:28 am Reply with quote

What about my original Hansing life size statue Wink?

RB 136

kitfox21187
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:34 am Reply with quote

Can you wear it, Prowler? Haha! As much as I'd love to have that too, going for the suit is my first priority.

RB 38

Prowler
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:43 am Reply with quote

Ok I fully understand that Wink)!

RB 136

Stu-uk
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:56 am Reply with quote

Despite the suits condtion try finding parts lol, my current i have head, back, front chest, arms, and now some feet, just need legs and I'm about there, only taken a year to collect! Lol

RB 589

kitfox21187
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote

Haha, only a year! That's definitely on the better end of the spectrum. I've got a buddy who was hunting his out and it's taken him two and a half so far and he's still not done. But he is a taaallll guy, so it's kinda hard too.

RB 38

milbo
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote

Id go with that ebay suit, looks good to me and much easier to add detail and get a body shop to spray it than start from scratch and they don't come up that often.

RB 1726

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard