New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Vote RoboCop (2014) !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoboCop (2014)
10 - Masterpiece
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
9 - Excellent
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
8 - Very Good
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
7 - Good
26%
 26%  [ 21 ]
6 - Interesting
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
5 - Mediocre
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
4 - Bad
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
3 or less - Really bad
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 78

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Upon further viewings I've had to go with 5 I mean its really the truth anything past that is just blind fanboy hope.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quote

I hate to break it to you but we're all fanboys. Different levels of fanboyism but that's what we are. Anything else is just denial.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote

Who the F*ck consider's this a masterpiece?.... Laughing

RB 5648

beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:04 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :

Miner and Neumeier and that's not a joke!

Verhoeven doens't like there's no longer creativity in Hollywoood and is not really interested in seeing this movie.
There' was in interview with Verhoeven last week in the news papers.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114702

First, Paul Verhoeven really made our script, which is a dream for writers. English is his second language, so he kept coming to us and asking, "How does this joke work?" and "How does that joke work?" I think 95% of our screenplay finished up on the screen.
(To be honest minder and neumeier are C writers without Verhoeven in 1987 there wouldn't be a Robocop movie. Verhoeven Changed the whole draft/ story/script.

Proof about Neumeier and Miner.

Miner wrote to Neumeier!

Our first film threw a rock in a still pool of water, and the reverberations, concerning the marriage of man and machine, radiated outward for many years. This is a conversation worth having. The new film explores the same theme. In fact the new one goes very deep into emotional territory about the impact this process has on a human. I would hope that a continuing exploration, after we are all gone, would continue, with another remake of ROBOCOP, ten, twenty, thirty years hence. If BATMAN is the angry orphan, and SUPERMAN is the extra-terrestrial castaway, ROBOCOP is the character who explores the marriage of human and machine, which includes the dystopian ills all of that entails.

Who the F*ck consider's this a masterpiece?.... Laughing Miner and Neumeier.

RB 5831

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote

Know Ed do ya?

RB 5648

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:55 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :

Man, I thought the same thing. I tried my hardest to be positive about it, six is the highest I'll go at this point(only one viewing). And even then, after I see it again I'm sure I'll lower my rating. There's no way in hell would I consider that movie a perfect 10.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :

If someone thought the remake was a "masterpiece" compared to the original, could you legally call them brain-dead?

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
vegasrobo :

If someone thought the remake was a "masterpiece" compared to the original, could you legally call them brain-dead?

Who the F*ck consider's this a masterpiece?.... Laughing Miner and Neumeier.

RB 5831

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote

Miner and Neumeier consider Miner and Neumeier a masterpiece, Miner and Neumeier Miner and Neumeier

FU_STAR_K.

And yes, that's how beer's posts look to me.. :roll:

Back to topic, again I want another watch but right now my official vote would be a 5.

I might give it a 6 but I'd have to agree that might be generous. I think 'Fair' or 'Decent' or 'Above Average' would have been better there than 'Interesting', and like WKY I might call it decent or above average in that regard, but certainly not any higher at this point.

And while I might be able to see 'Excellent' votes, anyone who thinks this film is a 'Masterpiece' is someone who clearly has not watched many films and has little to no idea of what a cinematic masterpiece is, that is plain true without the original RoboCop even entering into it.. Bah.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote

I went ahead with a "7". It wasn't what I was hoping to see, but it also wasn't the really really bad movie I was expecting to see.
It certainly has pacing problems, the action scenes need work and many elements feel a bit rushed... but as a whole, I thought it was a solid movie and one I wouldn't mind being called "RoboCop". I don't hate them for making it (which is what usually happenes with me and remakes/reboots etc).
I felt it stayed true to the general idea of RoboCop and gave it a new, interesting twist.
Think of it as an "Elseworlds" comic book. It's not the one true version of the character, but an interesting interpretation nonetheless.

I've only seen it once so far, but I was really excited and on the edge of my seat. It was great to finally see a RoboCop movie on the big screen (considering I didn't catch any of the originals in theatres).

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote

I know this has been said a lot of times, but you can't always trust the critics on what's a good film or not. I mean if you ask me, sometimes companies or distributors pay certain critics to give it a very good score like an 8 or 9 out of 10. It's the same thing with video games journalism too, they give highly anticipated games a 9 or a 10 out of 10, not because they think it's worth buying, but they're advertising to you and persuading you to buy it, so they can please the people who made and developed the movie/game and get them more profit.

I know it seems obvious for critics to tell you to go watch/buy this or that or not because they said so, but sometimes if you do listen to critics...chances are whatever you were hoping for doesn't live up to the hype and anticipation or it kind of does but not quite.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
OCP-001
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:10 am Reply with quote

It's been some time since I read something from the user "saasouza". He really was into this movie, I'm interested to know what he thinks about the film.
And what about you Paddy?

RB 341

ultra2
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Comment: Always around robots, real and fictional

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote

I voted 'Good' because, I wrote in my mini-review, they could have done a better job with the material at hand. PG-13 is no excuse for holes and gaps in a story (and 13 year olds are not stupid, for sure). Wink

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: RoboCop is the best.Terminator good,but RoboCop owns!

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote

Going back to 2012 when I saw the black armor - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK U U RUINED MY CHILDHOOD HERO !!!!!!!!!! ,a couple of days later ok robocop is not about the suit just dont fuck story and everything.
2013 - first trailer landed - well looks good I hope they are just showing parts of the movie and keeping everything for the final version.Second trailer ok this gets promising though this is weaker trailer,3rd trailer with some epic music OK THIS MOVIE WILL BE GREAT.
2014 - january watched some documentary about the remake and thought it will be great movie,read lots and lots of reviews saying the movie is great and actually one of the very very few remakes done right.Mainly positive reviews now and only real hardcore hardcore hardcore original fans not liking.
Finally went to see the new robocop movie.......wait for it......OK I don't know what to feel was it a great movie or not(that was the question I asked when I saw it),slept and the other day said THAT IS HOW YOU REMAKE A CLASSIC.Watched it second time in cinema with friends who like the original,said it is great remake.Today I got a CAM copy to watch it again and yes I stay on my opinion great remake! Can't get out of my head I fought the law! Very Happy

RB 530

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard