New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Vote RoboCop (2014) !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoboCop (2014)
10 - Masterpiece
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
9 - Excellent
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
8 - Very Good
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
7 - Good
26%
 26%  [ 21 ]
6 - Interesting
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
5 - Mediocre
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
4 - Bad
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
3 or less - Really bad
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 78

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Who the F*ck consider's this a masterpiece?.... Laughing

Briziilans...that's who!

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote

OCP-001 :
It's been some time since I read something from the user "saasouza". He really was into this movie, I'm interested to know what he thinks about the film.
And what about you Paddy?

Paddy hasn't made a review yet? For shame!

As for Seasouza, him and Raymond were both REALLY pro-remake. I too would be interested hearing their views, Ray's particularly as he at least he made involved opinions, even if most of them were speculative tripe. :roll: But I fear they have been chased away long ago, and while it would be interesting to hear their takes, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

kodatarule :
read lots and lots of reviews saying the movie is great and actually one of the very very few remakes done right.Mainly positive reviews now and only real hardcore hardcore hardcore original fans not liking.

I don't know what you read.. but I haven't seen 'lots and lots' of positive reviews, and I don't think many of the negative or skeptical reviews I read were made by 'hardcore hardcore original fans'. Confused

Your other statement of 'THIS IS HOW YOU REMAKE A CLASSIC' would imply that the remake actually improved on the original. While it wasn't that bad a film, that just plain isn't the case, like it just plain isn't a 'masterpiece' in terms of a film - both of those are only true to somebody who has an underdeveloped sense of both film remakes and masterpieces. Your opinions are your opinions and you're entitled to them but I will say here and now outside of you I've yet to see anyone actually say, much less allude to anything of that sort, even ones who did like the movie.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: RoboCop is the best.Terminator good,but RoboCop owns!

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
OCP-001 :
It's been some time since I read something from the user "saasouza". He really was into this movie, I'm interested to know what he thinks about the film.
And what about you Paddy?

Paddy hasn't made a review yet? For shame!

As for Seasouza, him and Raymond were both REALLY pro-remake. I too would be interested hearing their views, Ray's particularly as he at least he made involved opinions, even if most of them were speculative tripe. :roll: But I fear they have been chased away long ago, and while it would be interesting to hear their takes, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

kodatarule :
read lots and lots of reviews saying the movie is great and actually one of the very very few remakes done right.Mainly positive reviews now and only real hardcore hardcore hardcore original fans not liking.

I don't know what you read.. but I haven't seen 'lots and lots' of positive reviews, and I don't think many of the negative or skeptical reviews I read were made by 'hardcore hardcore original fans'. Confused

Your other statement of 'THIS IS HOW YOU REMAKE A CLASSIC' would imply that the remake actually improved on the original. While it wasn't that bad a film, that just plain isn't the case, like it just plain isn't a 'masterpiece' in terms of a film - both of those are only true to somebody who has an underdeveloped sense of both film remakes and masterpieces. Your opinions are your opinions and you're entitled to them but I will say here and now outside of you I've yet to see anyone actually say, much less allude to anything of that sort, even ones who did like the movie.

Let me give you than http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/RoboCop-review-Cautionary-and-personal-5224724.php so here you are.

RB 530

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote

One guys review makes it a classic?

Quote:
As RoboCop's wife, Abbie Cornish carries much of the movie's emotion

Really?

Quote:
And Michael Keaton, as the greedy president of Omnicorp, gives the audience something to root against.

I didn't know he was a bad guy until the very end.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote

Its not bad, but absolutely nothing unique or outstanding. Let me say this, if there had been no Robocop prior to this and I wouldn't know anything about this movie, if it was on HBO and I caught it and start watching, Id surely stay till the end, it would grab my attention enough. But I wouldn't get it on DVD or become some diehard fan, thats absolutely sure

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote

kodatarule :
Let me give you than http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/RoboCop-review-Cautionary-and-personal-5224724.php so here you are.

One review is not my definition of 'lots of lots' but nevertheless, never once did I actually see written, much less even read into it, that the remake was an improvement on the original, or a cinematic masterpiece. In fact all I really see behind the bullshit is an opinion that the remake is a good film, which is not what I was arguing.

Bah. All told, it's just opinions, you and me can have 'em any way we want. So if you think the film's a masterpiece and perfect remake, great. I in-turn will think you're full of shit. Still great. And on and on we go..

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: RoboCop is the best.Terminator good,but RoboCop owns!

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
Its not bad, but absolutely nothing unique or outstanding. Let me say this, if there had been no Robocop prior to this and I wouldn't know anything about this movie, if it was on HBO and I caught it and start watching, Id surely stay till the end, it would grab my attention enough. But I wouldn't get it on DVD or become some diehard fan, thats absolutely sure

I didn't become a die hard fan.I still love the old robo more(idk if we get a sequel or a game my opinion may change but depends on a lot of stuff). I was only stating that the movie is pretty good and I didnt find any skeptical or bad reviews of the movie to be solid.They only mentioned that they don't like the movie but not stating why.Different people different opinions. I gave the movie 10/10 because when I judge a movie I judge like this - 0/10 I hate the movie 5/10 it is mediocre which is good to kill time 10/10 I like/love the movie!
I very rarely give a 9/10 for a movie I like.So don't judge my rating system if u don't like it you probably have different so yeah.

RB 530

josephchoi
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote

i wouldn't say this is how you do remake, but i did feel it was on the right track.

RB 147

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote

I actually didn't intend on writing a full review, but if I do decide to, I would need to see the film again, as I fear my judgement may have been clouded by the fact that I was just so damn excited to be watching a new RoboCop movie the first time around and there are things I may have misjudged, missed altogether or gave the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think I could add anything more though to what most people have said already. The film has some good points, some bad points and overall I'd rate it probably a 6.5/10. Seeing it again may change this figure though, up or down. It's not fantastic, but I don't think it is as terrible as some make it out to be.

RB 18145

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote

Honestly, if they were going to make a remake of RoboCop, there should've been a better draft of the script and they should've got a director that really understood the story and the characters and the series too. Honestly, I thought that Padilha got the gist of the story...but not in full detail or the meaning behind it all.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote

Again, I can't blame Padhila that much - he had as good an idea about the original's meaning and making a stamp on that as anyone, possibly even better than some. Not entirely his fault if he got hamstrung.

And Paddy, I'm actually in the same boat as you, I too want to get another view of the thing before I make a full-on everything and anything take on it. That said, I think you are just about spot-on though.

RB 52679

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:48 am Reply with quote

Well I can't just blame MGM again. They're already screwing up a lot of things for us already. Neutral

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
TheVindicator
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: "They thought they took his life...now he wants theirs."

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:13 am Reply with quote

Yeah...I'm in the minority. I gave it less than a 3. I just didn't care for the remake at all. I thought it failed on all fronts. It was so BORING. And the differences it made imo were useless for the most part. I thought it was the same movie as the original with a crappy lead actor playing RoboCop, a PG-13 rating, A lame tame tone, satire that wasn't funny at all, a screenplay that was dumb as a box of rocks, action sequences that were so short and fully of shaky cam that they registered zero emotion whatsoever, a terrible score, piss poor song choices, and a all around mess of a film that ceased to please me in anyway.

It's fine if people like it. I don't, and It is the worst film of the year so far for me bar none. The only film I think could be worse this year is Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I won't even buy the DVD or Blu Ray of this movie for a dollar.

RB 585

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:57 am Reply with quote

To be fair, some song choices had some reason behind them...while some just didn't. Like Hocus Pocus for instance, I didn't get why they used that song for the training scene and what purpose it served...it just felt weird. Then there's songs like If I Only Had a Heart, which I can see why they'd play that because Mattox always refers to Robo as 'tin man', but it also doesn't make sense because during the scene where Murphy's being disassembled...he still has a heart! There's also I Fought The Law which plays during the end credits, which I'm guessing is supposed to represent how Murphy and Morton tried to fight or rebel against Omnicorp and OCP...but in the end, OCP stops them anyways and they have their own way with Morton and possibly Murphy...I think.

But all that aside, I still think the movie's just dumb.

RB 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard