New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Vote RoboCop (2014) !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoboCop (2014)
10 - Masterpiece
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
9 - Excellent
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
8 - Very Good
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
7 - Good
26%
 26%  [ 21 ]
6 - Interesting
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
5 - Mediocre
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
4 - Bad
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
3 or less - Really bad
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 78

TheVindicator
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: "They thought they took his life...now he wants theirs."

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:08 am Reply with quote

I fought the law is such a stupid song to put at the end credits..just listen to the lyrics..

"I fought the law..and the law won."

So RoboCop lost?

What a moronic choice of end credits music.

During the training scenes instead of Wizard of Oz music and Hocus Pocus..Use the unaltered unedited RoboCop theme by Basil Poledoris.

Problem Solved.

Make the film a hard R, jam it full of thrilling action sequences that aren't cut so choppy and with so much shaky cam, get Karl Urban under the helmet, and made the Dredd sequel that hollywood wouldn't do in the form of a new RoboCop movie. Now that would be bad ass. At least in my opinion anyway.

RB 585

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:11 am Reply with quote

TheVindicator :
I fought the law is such a stupid song to put at the end credits..just listen to the lyrics..

"I fought the law..and the law won."

So RoboCop lost?

What a moronic choice of end credits music.

Like I said, Murphy and Norton are like protestors against Omnicorp and OCP, the corporations, but they don't listen to the protestors or they block them entirely. The idea I think they're getting at, as well as the song, is no matter how hard you rebel against corporations, or the government or any organisation, they just won't change or they simply don't care about how they affect you.

Think of Murphy and Morton as a rebellion and they want to revolt OCP and their ways with military weapons and technology, but OCP just doesn't care and they wipe out the rebellion anyways. Raymond Sellars, the CEO of Omnicorp, doesn't care about Murphy and that he may never see his family again because he's too busy thinking about profits, business and the safety of Detroit and the whole world. Morton and Murphy try to change OCP for the better but they just can't. It's almost like a way of saying 'that's life'. Hence the meaning of the song choice and the remake's conclusion.

But then again...that's just my theory.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
TheVindicator
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: "They thought they took his life...now he wants theirs."

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote

Yeah well..in my opinion you are way over thinking why they put the song at the end credits. Knowing how dumb and heavyhanded this script is..the producers probably just saw that the song had law in it and called it a day.

At least that's my thoughts on it. I mean they put a song with freaking yodeling in it during an action scene. As well as "If I Only Had A Heart" the people who were behind the making of this movie in my honest opinion had no idea what the hell they were doing.

I mean there is one scene while Robo is riding the bike he stole from Judge Dredd where you can see the canadian flag waving in the background. Way to ruin the illusion of Toronto being Detroit...filmmakers.

It's cool if people are fans of this. I just thought it didn't work most of the time and when it did it didn't leave much of an impression.

But then again i'm just a hater..lol

RB 585

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:09 am Reply with quote

Well I'm doing my best to explain why they did this and that throughout the remake in own words and thoughts, even though the film overall was just plain shit, which is something we can agree on.

Also, I didn't know the remake was filmed in Toronto, so there's that. tongue

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote

Can't hardly give more

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
Junko
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

Comment: I'm a Japanese woman who loves to draw and dance. Check my robo artwork, please!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote

Well, I went to see the remake for the second time last night.
It's time to vote the rating!
At the first time, it was 7.5/10.
Then, the second time, I give it a 6.5/10.
Yes, I lowered my rating. tongue
I even fell asleep a little bit while I was watching... OMG Neutral
I am going to write the review in detail on another thread later. Wink

RB 859

indianajones-figure
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote

TheVindicator :
As well as "If I Only Had A Heart" the people who were behind the making of this movie in my honest opinion had no idea what the hell they were doing.

That tune is the one who make me smile, due to Oldmanīs reaction to the song. "Hocus Pocus" and "I Fought The Law", nah. I would expect a big music finale on the credits, but no. Letīs do a rock song, kids would love it.

To make things worse, Iīve seen an interview with Pedro Bromfman where he says he didnīt want to recreate the BIG score to the first one because this movie needed to keep everything "calm" and without a lot of emotion on it, and thatīs why he didnīt go wild with the orchestra and did this (crappy) quiet, noisy soundtrack.

Bravo.

Junko :
I even fell asleep a little bit while I was watching... OMG Neutral

I feel bored in a lot of scenes as well :roll:

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote

I thought the Tin Man jabs and the "If I only had a Heart" song playing during that scene were actually one of the better parts of the film. As for the end credits song, just adds more fuel to the argument that they really wanted to make Robocop MGM"s Ironman.

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
wasoha
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote

The poll average right now on RobocopArchive with 50 votes is a 7.
The poll average on SuperHeroHype with 74 votes is a 7.3.
The average audience rating on RottenTomatoes with over 93,000 votes is a 7.2 out of 10 (3.6/5).
The rating on IMDB with over 31,000 votes is 6.7.

I think we can confidently say that the audience consensus is a 7 out of 10.

RB 14

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:57 am Reply with quote

BurnOne4Robo :
As for the end credits song, just adds more fuel to the argument that they really wanted to make Robocop MGM"s Ironman.

Yes, "Hocus Pocus" did that to me. The training scene looked like a Marvel movie.

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:05 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
BurnOne4Robo :
As for the end credits song, just adds more fuel to the argument that they really wanted to make Robocop MGM"s Ironman.

Yes, "Hocus Pocus" did that to me. The training scene looked like a Marvel movie.

I know RoboCop isn't supposed to be a superhero...and he never will. But yeah, I thought they played the whole film like it was a superhero movie...and it wasn't even released around July.

RB 2

kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: RoboCop is the best.Terminator good,but RoboCop owns!

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:30 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
ChAnOoD :
BurnOne4Robo :

I know RoboCop isn't supposed to be a superhero...and he never will. But yeah, I thought they played the whole film like it was a superhero movie...and it wasn't even released around July.

Yeah,but the blood and the brain made some pretty stuff to make him not be a superhero so I thought it was pretty solid sci fi with only a hero but not a superhero.Everyone has different opinion.I thought this one is successfull enough to reboot the franchise now if they make a great video game ... which I really am hoping for would be really good.Because Crysis trilogy proved that a guy can take bullets be like walking tank and still have a very challenging game.

RB 530

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote

kodatarule :
Sin_Valor :
ChAnOoD :
BurnOne4Robo :

Yeah,but the blood and the brain made some pretty stuff to make him not be a superhero so I thought it was pretty solid sci fi with only a hero but not a superhero.Everyone has different opinion.I thought this one is successfull enough to reboot the franchise now if they make a great video game ... which I really am hoping for would be really good.Because Crysis trilogy proved that a guy can take bullets be like walking tank and still have a very challenging game.

How is that even related to this? RoboCop is a movie and Crysis is a game, they're both completely different formats. What matters in RoboCop is just the story and how it plays out, what matters in Crysis is how good the gameplay is. Comparing the two feels irrelevant. Also, there's already a video game-tie in with the remake, it's on iOS and Android.

RB 2

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote

Very bad movie.

RB 1199

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard