New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Vote RoboCop (2014) !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoboCop (2014)
10 - Masterpiece
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
9 - Excellent
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
8 - Very Good
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
7 - Good
26%
 26%  [ 21 ]
6 - Interesting
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
5 - Mediocre
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
4 - Bad
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
3 or less - Really bad
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 78

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote

HOB888 :
Most ridiculous remake ever, deserves zero, made Robocop3 good.

Bah, that was harsh. And not exactly accurate either ('Most ridiculous remake ever', right). But perhaps that's just me though. :roll:

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
josephchoi
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote

I find it hard to take anyone's opinion seriously when they say "most (anything) ever".

RB 147

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
HOB888 :

Bah, that was harsh. And not exactly accurate either ('Most ridiculous remake ever', right). But perhaps that's just me though. :roll:

I mean it.In my humble opinion most remakes are lame, but this one takes the cake.Before i watched it, i knew it was going to suck, but they managed to disappoint me.Even the MGM little introduction sucked.

Ergo, it's the Most ridiculous remake ever.

josephchoi :
I find it hard to take anyone's opinion seriously when they say "most (anything) ever".

It's because most of the time these people are not serious.I'm dead serious.

RB 1199

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote

I find it hard to take anyone seriously when they have to say they're being serious. tongue

And with that, we are now at the point where it should be said that if you're looking for things to disappoint you, you'll never be disappointed. And since you long ago decided to be disappointed with the remake and think poorly of it, you're disappointed with it now. You got exactly what you were wanting and expecting. Congratulations.

At least I got what real disappointment I had with the film only after watching it, thanks to having a somewhat open mind going in. Sure I had previously thought poorly of some things but I always held out the possibility the thing might actually be good or even great up 'til watching it. But again, guess that's me.

That said, up until now I hadn't voted, as I wanted to see the film again, but fuck it, just gonna go ahead and vote. Hell we can always make a second poll topic later and see if anything's changed.. actually that might be a good idea.. Bah, anyway, I give a vote of 6. It was mediocre overall, but there were interesting bits and I can see the good in it so that bumps it up bit, but thats about it - I can't really call it actually good under how I judge films, at the very least not without a second and closer examination. I want to think better of it but I doubt it'll happen with a second viewing. Might think even less of it seeing it again.. In conclusion, a 6.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote

HOB888 :

Made Robocop 3 look good? Credibility = Zero. NOTHING makes Robocop 3 watchable. Nothing!

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote

It wasn't a terrible remake, just average.

Christ, if you think Total Recall is better you need your head checked.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote

I haven't seen the new Total Recall, but anywhere it is mentioned on any film forum I read, it gets nothing but negative comments. I kinda want to watch it now just to experience the utter crapness...!

RB 18145

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote

Well, we have 60 votes and one month has passed.

7 is definitely the average rating among robofans.

IMDB rating has been 6,7 since almost the beginning despite the total number of votes rising to 40.000 votes.

My personal feeling is this wasn't a bad remake, far from the disasters of R3 or Total Recall 2012, it was actually a decent movie, but it will probably get forgotten very fast.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
Well, we have 60 votes and one month has passed.

7 is definitely the average rating among robofans.

IMDB rating has been 6,7 since almost the beginning despite the total number of votes rising to 40.000 votes.

My personal feeling is this wasn't a bad remake, far from the disasters of R3 or Total Recall 2012, it was actually a decent movie, but it will probably get forgotten very fast.

It will be forgotten if they don't do a sequel... And somehow, I doubt they will. It had potential and it did a fairly good job. Heck, my sister, who never cared much for the original, liked it and because of it, is now willing to give the old ones another chance.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
It will probably get forgotten very fast.

Well, we forget it pretty quickly, as we had a big time with topics about the reboot and now the things are fading away. Same with people outside the Archive. Iīve seen some movement on social networks, but now no one remembers the film.

I still thing the movie doesnīt add anything interesting except a few (undeveloped) themes, so thatīd be the reason it didnīt have an impact on people.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote

Decent, could have been much worse, not likely to be remembered much. Yeah, that's about right.

RB 52679

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:27 am Reply with quote

Paddy :
I haven't seen the new Total Recall, but anywhere it is mentioned on any film forum I read, it gets nothing but negative comments. I kinda want to watch it now just to experience the utter crapness...!

There aren't many things that I liked about it, plus I saw the directors cut, so it was even longer. It really just dragged along, and mainly I couldn't get behind the casting choices or the way things were written in general. The Robocop remake was a bit more acceptable on my part.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
lord_zedd
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote

To be honest with you guys, even though I had some issues with some music choices (That crappy music used when robo engages 60 Em-208 was awful, though that scene was awesome, imagine how much better it would be if they had used an extended version of the awesome Robocop theme song they used in the title card ) I mostly liked the direction this reboot .

When it was announced that it was gonna be PG-13 I really feared for this movie , even more when It was revealed that robo was gonna be able to fire tazer bullets, it looked like this was gonna be another disaster like terminator Salvation ( where a total of 1 person dies in the entire movie, and it's just an extra ) thankfully the film wasn't shy about killing people, even when It felt weird seeing the new robo shooting people without blood, it was okay in some scenes, but just wrong when robo shoots 30 rounds into Vallon and his body doesn't rip to pieces, those are some small bullets.

Still, I think it can be seen that while we got a good film , it could had been an awesome film if it wasn't for MGM keeping so much control over the production ( Why the fuck would you hire Jose Padilha , and not let him make any choices?that's like hiring Tim Burton to do a Barney The dinosaur movie) and that damn rating.

Also if they ever make a sequel, they better replace that fucking tazer with a godamm auto 9

RB 164

kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: RoboCop is the best.Terminator good,but RoboCop owns!

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote

lord_zedd :
To be honest with you guys, even though I had some issues with some music choices (That crappy music used when robo engages 60 Em-208 was awful, though that scene was awesome, imagine how much better it would be if they had used an extended version of the awesome Robocop theme song they used in the title card ) I mostly liked the direction this reboot .

When it was announced that it was gonna be PG-13 I really feared for this movie , even more when It was revealed that robo was gonna be able to fire tazer bullets, it looked like this was gonna be another disaster like terminator Salvation ( where a total of 1 person dies in the entire movie, and it's just an extra ) thankfully the film wasn't shy about killing people, even when It felt weird seeing the new robo shooting people without blood, it was okay in some scenes, but just wrong when robo shoots 30 rounds into Vallon and his body doesn't rip to pieces, those are some small bullets.

Still, I think it can be seen that while we got a good film , it could had been an awesome film if it wasn't for MGM keeping so much control over the production ( Why the fuck would you hire Jose Padilha , and not let him make any choices?that's like hiring Tim Burton to do a Barney The dinosaur movie) and that damn rating.

Also if they ever make a sequel, they better replace that fucking tazer with a godamm auto 9

I agree with you mate the film was really good just hope MGM/Sony didn't bitch so much and let Padilha do his thing...Anyway I was surprised when robo beat the crap out of vallon from his bullets but still nothing on him like WTF ... Sometimes I imagine 20+ more minutes robo getting thugs before going to the end and we see way more blood out of them and stuff like that cause we see some disturbing dip shit about his body when his suit is removed but no blood ahhh god damn studios. Well waiting to see extended cut that sounds like where the other 10 to 25 mins went to when they cut it ... and I hope we have opportunity for different ending would like to see a little more freedom of what Jose wanted Smile ! Oh and where did my favorite pistol of all time auto 9 went to I mean it would be so damn cool if he didnt have smgs but two auto 9 that would have been great ! Smile

RB 530

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard