New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Vote RoboCop (2014) !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoboCop (2014)
10 - Masterpiece
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
9 - Excellent
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
8 - Very Good
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
7 - Good
26%
 26%  [ 21 ]
6 - Interesting
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
5 - Mediocre
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
4 - Bad
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
3 or less - Really bad
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 78

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote

Almost 3 months since my last recap.

Last time IMDB rating was 6,7 with 40.000 votes.

Now IMDB rating is 6,4 with 91.000 votes.

I did some maths and if I'm not too rusty this is what I get: 6,1 average for the last 51.000 votes.

Looks like dvd/blu-ray releases may be increasing number of viewers but definitely not improving the film's reputation.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote

If you took away all the people who rated it 1-star on IMDb without seeing it, you'd have a more accurate score.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
If you took away all the people who rated it 1-star on IMDb without seeing it, you'd have a more accurate score.

I'm sure there's people who voted it high or perfect for no other reason than to counter those who voted 1, whether they indeed saw it or not. That door swings both ways. Cut the crap.

I find, quite frankly, that the IMDB rating is pretty good to go on since it tallies fairly close with our average here on RA - Keep in mind our numbers are fudged a scant bit since we don't have a 1 or 2 ranking, just 3 and lower. In any event, I'm pretty damn sure no one on here voted without seeing it, so I don't wanna hear that jibe in regards to us (never-mind that I don't wanna hear it anyway).

Bottom-line, you love the movie. That's fine. Just remember no one else has to. That's how it is, yo.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote

I gave it a high five but I still don't think it's nearly half as good as the original.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :

Well, if we took away all those that rated it 10 stars before or after seeing the movie we would get an even more accurate score.

RoboCop2014 doesn't deserve a 1-star rating. Very few movies do. But it doesn't deserve a 10 rating either. Both are equally as ridiculous.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote

Actually I think it's more plausible to have MGM/Sony Pictures employees (including their international offices) having their IMDB account to vote 10 to all films they release. They could easily gather hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of votes that way.

I've always found IMDB ratings specially high for blockbusters. I mean let's be realistic, if your box-office depended on IMDB ratings you could easily invest some little money to get it higher, at least 1 point but maybe more, there would be plenty of ways to do it.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote

It is an interesting thought. Naturally, if I were a crew member or anyone involved with a movie I would naturally vote up "my" movie out of loyalty. It is probably more common than we think.

Then we of course get to the other side of the coin where the same crew people probably down vote their competing blockbuster movies.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought about that too, but none of the studios would win if they did that, yet letting all ratings go higher is no harmful to the industry as a whole. Also IMDB probably would detect a very abnormal number of 10's and 1's, but a higher number of 10's gets better diluted.

It's just a theory, you can call it a conspiracy theory Wink

The fact is, for me, most blockbusters have ridiculously high ratings in IMDB, movies averaging way over 7 while consensus is they totally suck. It's even more blatant in the first weeks of release.

RB 6857

Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote

I voted masterpiece. Its absolutely awesome,and better than the old one in every way. Smile

The 87 one is awesome too. But the reboot is better.

RB 188

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote

Meriandressial :
I voted masterpiece. Its absolutely awesome,and better than the old one in every way. Smile

I agree. The old one is cheesy, over the top, doesn´t make any sense, tries to get smart with religious themes and had slow robots.

tongue

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Bauc
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: Dead or Alive you are comming with me

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Meriandressial :

I agree. The old one is cheesy, over the top, doesn´t make any sense, tries to get smart with religious themes and had slow robots.

tongue

I think we've found two surviving members from Clarance's gang who hate Robo87 - arrest them! Very Happy

BTW the Robbercop 2014 can not even be mentioned in the same conversation with the original film....just saying

RB 449

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote

Bauc :
I think we've found two surviving members from Clarance's gang who hate Robo87 - arrest them! Very Happy

BTW the Robbercop 2014 can not even be mentioned in the same conversation with the original film....just saying

RubberCop should have never made, in my opinion. The "Robo 87" thoughts was irony Wink

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Bauc
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: Dead or Alive you are comming with me

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Bauc :

RubberCop should have never made, in my opinion. The "Robo 87" thoughts was irony Wink

understood loud and clear this time Very Happy

RB 449

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote

I'd say there's a good argument for the reboot being a better film.

It's not my opinion but I'd say there's an argument for it.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard