New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Vote RoboCop (2014) !
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoboCop (2014)
10 - Masterpiece
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
9 - Excellent
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
8 - Very Good
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
7 - Good
26%
 26%  [ 21 ]
6 - Interesting
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
5 - Mediocre
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
4 - Bad
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
3 or less - Really bad
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 78

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote

Right now IMDB says 6.7/10 with almost 14.000 votes.

What would be the Robo fans community rating of the remake?

I know there is a review topic, but I like the empiric power of numbers instead of the endless talking tongue

edit: I would've liked to give more precision to the poll, but there is a limit of 10 poll options. You can post your rating if you want to state decimals (for example 6.5 or 7.5)

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote

I gave it a 6 - Interesting that was pushing it they could of done more with it

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
Protec
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quote

I gave a solid 8. It was very enjoyable movie and a very different take to the subject. With a little better casting, it would have been a better movie, and maybe some blood and better soundtrack Very Happy

But i really hated the murphys wife. She felt so...cold. There was no warmth between them.

But i really loved the charachter of Dennett Norton!
Also it was nice to see Michael Keaton Smile

Yes, i would watch it again. It was one of those movies that made you think. Setting the dopamine levels..maybe that was a "pun" to todays habit of giving antidepressants to everyone..."oh you feel tired, take some anti depressants"

And where the hell was the robovoice Sad

RB 59

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:57 pm Reply with quote

With most of the numbers I did tally on the review topic the other day - the average was around 7. Lets see what the poll says..

Hmm, seems the average number is still looking about 7 or so though... There is a 9 and a 10 (Bah) but also a 5 vote so it evens out about the same.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
TWayne001
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
With most of the numbers I did tally on the review topic the other day - the average was around 7. Lets see what the poll says..

Hmm, seems the average number is still looking about 7 or so though... There is a 9 and a 10 (Bah) but also a 5 vote so it evens out about the same.

Man have you not seen this yet? what's taking so long lol. (And dont say snow lol)

I came out of the theater with about a 6.5 - 7... Now after sleeping on it, thinking it over for a few days, and adjusting to it, I'm sticking with an 8. I appreciate the effort that went into the film too much to give it any lower. There's parts I absolutely hate, and there's decisions that I disagree with, but it's not my film! I don't love every frame of any film. The music is just downright terrible and that's honestly the biggest problem I have with it. Otherwise, I can not wait to rewatch this.

I believe it's a very re watchable movie, especially once the black suit hits the streets. I'll have this pumping on my tv at home several times over, and it may become more tolerable for it. The handheld guerrilla cam just didn't work for me in IMAX, but I'm not holding tha against it.

RB 627

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote

TWayne001 :
Man have you not seen this yet? what's taking so long lol. (And dont say snow lol)

Tomorrow, man. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote

I gave it a 7 on this poll. It is a good movie overall, but I probably rate it too high just because of the character.

I've seen it twice and its many flaws becomes clearer on repeat viewings. The script is weak and the overall feel is flat, but I was never bored.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote

Five for me.

Not bad, not good, just average.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
OCP-001
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote

I voted for "Very good" it's a solid movie and touches human, politics and family topics in a very interesting way. This film definetely has a ton of heart. I really enjoyed it, I want to watch it again and I can't wait for the DVD release for my collection.

RB 341

ultra2
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote

I gave it 3 - it looked really awful, would not watch it again.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
ShockDingo
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: I'm being sued by Capt. Commando!!!

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:02 am Reply with quote

I give it a 5. Some interesting ideas presented, a few moments I liked, but overall held back by playing it safe, bad pacing and not having a clear direction.

RB 179

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote

My note would be 6.5 so I was in a dilemma about what voting here, 6 or 7.

I ultimately chose a 6 because I get more disappointed the more I learn and I think about all the ending part getting completely redone, most probably to go for a safe resolution. Right now we can only guess. Who knows if we will get an extended/alternative cut in DVD and then maybe, and only maybe, I could give the remake a 7.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote

ShockDingo :
I give it a 5. Some interesting ideas presented, a few moments I liked, but overall held back by playing it safe, bad pacing and not having a clear direction.

Same here. Mediocre. You could do it better, even with a PG-13 rating.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote

I voted 6. On my scale of 1-10, anything below 5 is bad, so I found the whole experience a little above average.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard