New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Vote RoboCop (2014) !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoboCop (2014)
10 - Masterpiece
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
9 - Excellent
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
8 - Very Good
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
7 - Good
26%
 26%  [ 21 ]
6 - Interesting
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
5 - Mediocre
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
4 - Bad
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
3 or less - Really bad
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 78

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:07 am Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
I like it better, because it is RoboCop flavoured shit.
To me, this is the third best RoboCop movie/show.
It's not really a good movie and the design of the armor,
especially the unmasked head sucks, but when you are a
fan of an old 80's movie character, you can't be too picky.

You say it ain't really good (to which I agree) but give it a 'good' to 'very good' level vote - Bah.

That said, sorry if wanting something (particularly something that deigns to call itself 'RoboCop') isn't a completely souless no-impact mostly mediocre load of crap is being 'picky'. Whatever.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:49 pm Reply with quote

I didn't rate this compared to other movies, but as a RoboCop movie.
So if R1 is a 10, R2 is a 9, R3 is a 1, then this movie is above 7.
It has some cool scenes, like the intro, or when murphy dreams of dancing with his wife just before they wake him up in his new body.
I also liked the Lewis character to a degree. I liked some of the fight scenes.
What I didn't like was that, despite whatever the hell their budget was, most of the actors make this seem almost like a b- movie.

All in all, compared to other robo movie/shows it's sad to say, but this is above average.

RB 787

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
I didn't rate this compared to other movies, but as a RoboCop movie.
So if R1 is a 10, R2 is a 9, R3 is a 1, then this movie is above 7.

Bah, the remake doesn't merit a 7+ out of 10 (which is still a 'good' vote, not 'above average' - the latter of which is still overgenerous) - Not as a film period, not as a remake, and especially not as a piece of RoboCop media. It's about as average as it gets all around.. ok maybe it merits a bit more in terms of most modern remakes but then again as noted most remakes today suck donkey scrotum so its not saying much.

That said, R3 has a good few more spots in it than the remake - and most people who despise R3 would agree - yet you give it only a 1? Seriously? Only piece of Robo media that deserves that score is PD (I wonder what rating you'd give it in your 'Robo scale', BTW..) I wouldn't even rate Frank Miller's comic that low on a bad day (wouldn't be much higher than that though). Bottom-line, the remake is not better than R3, certainly not by 6+ points. Ridiculous. This coming from someone who also doesn't so much care for R3 even so I'd take it way over RemakeCop as my 'Robo flavored shit' any day of the week.

Again though, whatever.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote

Fair point. R3 is 0.1 better than PD. So 1.1 on scale from 1 to 10.
Different people, different preferences I guess, but I can watch rebootcop from time to time while R3 or PD or the series give me goosebumps when I think about putting it in the PlayStation.
But as you said, whatever.

RB 787

game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
Fair point. R3 is 0.1 better than PD. So 1.1 on scale from 1 to 10. I can watch rebootcop from time to time while R3 or PD or the series give me goosebumps

Ouch. I love Robocop 3 and have probably watched it the most overall bc there were a few years when I was young that I didn't watch the other two and would watch Robocop 3 all the time. Still love watching it. It's definitely not perfect, but much better than PD and the reboot. For PD, the production values alone make it far superior. For both, Robocop has a much stronger, more unique, and better structured plot arc. Robocop 3 is classic Robo, 'nuff said.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:06 am Reply with quote

Word.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
It's definitely not perfect, but much better than PD and the reboot. For PD, the production values alone make it far superior. For both, Robocop has a much stronger, more unique, and better structured plot arc. Robocop 3 is classic Robo, 'nuff said.

Again, I'm not into R3 and even so I have to concur with this assessment here. Classic Robo even in a weaksauce moment trump RebootCop. But end of the day different strokes and all that. Agree to disagree.

RB 52679

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:16 am Reply with quote

@pimp
I saw R1 when I was around 8 or 9 and R3 @ around 11 and even then I thought that this was complete garbage.

RB 787

game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
@pimp
I saw R1 when I was around 8 or 9 and R3 @ around 11 and even then I thought that this was complete garbage.

I was talking about the years when I was like 3-8 that I watched Robocop 3 the most. Maybe I like it so much since I was a kid when I first saw it and it is a kids movie? Either way it is objectively not garbage, therefore your opinion is wrong. Robocop 3 is classic Robo, 'nuff said.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:52 pm Reply with quote

That's probably the reason you like it.
It's like listening to a horrible song when you first make out with a hot Chick.
Your brain will link this song to a positive memory.
It is still a shitty song though.
If your first encounter with the badass RoboCop suit design was RoboCop 3,
you will more than likely think it is a good movie, while in reality it is a steaming pile of shit Wink

RB 787

game-xbox
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Fummelcop :
@pimp

I was talking about the years when I was like 3-8 that I watched Robocop 3 the most. Maybe I like it so much since I was a kid when I first saw it and it is a kids movie? Either way it is objectively not garbage, therefore your opinion is wrong. Robocop 3 is classic Robo, 'nuff said.

Man I actually totally agree with Pimp for a change..

RB 5648

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
@pimp

So at 11 yrs old you didn't like 3?..I find that hard to believe.

RB 5648

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:57 pm Reply with quote

It is true. I was so excited for it. With the tiny bit of money I had, I bought stupid magazines I had no interest in, just because it had some information about the new RoboCop movie. Then, when I saw it I couldn't believe how bad it was.
oh dear

RB 787

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:06 pm Reply with quote

^ I'm quite skeptical of that claim just like Adam but once more, whatever. Back to point, the remake is still weak - even you Fummel partially agree.

Moving into painfully blunt territory ahead but fuck it - To this day I still wonder just where the hell these 26 assholes that gave this damn thing a 8 or higher vote are. And about 20-odd more with the 7 vote, itself too high for me but maybe I could feature that (and I need to remember that was a generous vote made by some in the hype of it, many would lower those votes now). But still, more than 2 dozen that voted R2014 as 'very good' or better even. Where are they? They're certainly not on here singing it's absolute praises let alone actually discussing anything else Robo. Honestly this poll has always seemed quite sketchy to me - Even if we really had that many folks here and active during the time of the film's release that many sure as shit never posted much of anything outside of mumbling as their lips were firmly wrapped around the remake's limp dick, if that even.

I'd demand a recount and retaking of this poll except if we did it now there'd be a dozen maybe 15-odd votes on there and I guarantee +60% of said votes wouldn't be 7 or higher like it is here.

Now I don't take pride and/or joy in that we no doubt chased some of those people off (to which you do have my props Fummel for sticking it out on here) but I won't apologize for calling what I see as a turd, well, a turd. But what I'm saying is even elsewhere on FB and the like, remarks in favor of the remake still are quite uncommon. Again, I really ain't seeing the justification for so many high votes for this thing. Bah.

In closing, thanks to artu for posting the IMDB results - Clearly shows Robo2014 has slowly but surely lowered as time's gone on, and the ~6 rating there (as well as what it averages here in spite of those ridiculously high votes) is what I feel is accurate.

RB 52679

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard