New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Vote RoboCop (2014) !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

RoboCop (2014)
10 - Masterpiece
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
9 - Excellent
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
8 - Very Good
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
7 - Good
26%
 26%  [ 21 ]
6 - Interesting
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
5 - Mediocre
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
4 - Bad
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
3 or less - Really bad
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 78

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
It is true. I was so excited for it. With the tiny bit of money I had, I bought stupid magazines I had no interest in, just because it had some information about the new RoboCop movie. Then, when I saw it I couldn't believe how bad it was.
oh dear

Ah I'm not buying that....No one at that young an age is that critical of film..You must be way advanced for your age then.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:40 pm Reply with quote

I wasn't like analyzing the movie for plotholes or anything.
Ever since I saw R1 I was hooked, because of his badass armor and how he was basically bulletproof. One day our teacher asked us about our dream jobs later in life, I shit you not, I said: I want to be a cop so someone can shoot me dead so I can be turned into RoboCop.
Aaanyways, when I saw R3 it was nothing like that badass justice enforcer. R3 was a punk. Even his movement was weak.
I'm not even talking about that stupid gun arm or his jetpack or how weak the effect seemed.
One of the worst parts of the movie(apart from Robo not being the real Robo) was that annoying girl and her rebel friends.
The Remake is not a good movie, but to me at least, it is a RoboCop movie unlike R3 which is just shit. Not even shit with RoboCop flavor.
@stan
I'm one of those assholes that voted 8. As I said, it's more like a 7 or so now.
And I didn't come here at the time of the Remake, I was here looong before that.
Around the time when that murphy38 bought up all the cool Robo stuff and then sold it to other people.

RB 787

game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:25 am Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
RoboPimp :
Fummelcop :
@pimp
I saw R1 when I was around 8 or 9 and R3 @ around 11 and even then I thought that this was complete garbage.

I was talking about the years when I was like 3-8 that I watched Robocop 3 the most. Maybe I like it so much since I was a kid when I first saw it and it is a kids movie? Either way it is objectively not garbage, therefore your opinion is wrong. Robocop 3 is classic Robo, 'nuff said.

Man I actually totally agree with Pimp for a change..

Twisted Evil

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:44 am Reply with quote

Quote:
@stan
I'm one of those assholes that voted 8. As I said, it's more like a 7 or so now.
And I didn't come here at the time of the Remake, I was here looong before that.
Around the time when that murphy38 bought up all the cool Robo stuff and then sold it to other people.

Well you're not so much who I'm talking about then. Even if so, that's one so if you could point me to the other 25 clowns I am talking about, I'll go from there. That said -

Fummelcop :
One of the worst parts of the movie(apart from Robo not being the real Robo) was that annoying girl and her rebel friends.

The Remake is not a good movie, but to me at least, it is a RoboCop movie unlike R3 which is just shit. Not even shit with RoboCop flavor.

Really? And the remake was more 'real Robo', was it? Well, you're entitled to your opinion even if it's wrong. Now you don't care for R3 no problem you're hardly the only one. In any event R3 sucking in its own right does not elevate the remake, end of. With that know that I'd call Burke in Bottin's suit more 'real Robo' than Kinnaman's douchecanoe Murphy in that Batman-IronMan hybrid reject attire any day of the week and I think many more would agree with me, even those that too dislike R3. But again to each their own, even if their own is absurdity.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 am Reply with quote

I've declared my love for R3 many times around the 'ol Archive - it's no secret (still waiting for a R3 Loyal badge, Archive Wink ) and I have no shame of it. Everyone's got their own likes and dislikes in the Robo fandom. Do I think R3's story was weak? Yes. Do I think it was cheesy at times? Yes. Do I think it is the weakest of the three? No. I'd rank it about even with R2. Even so, I find many things to like about it and enjoy it for that. You could say it's my guilty Robo pleasure :roll:.

With that being said, let me just say that I saw the reboot in theaters...once. One time. Did I hate it? No. Did I leave the show feeling like I just saw a RoboCop movie? Kind of. Do I own it on DVD or Blu-ray? No. I've had zero interest in watching it again. As many complained about the suit prior to the movie's release, I was one of the ones who were optimistic about how it would turn out but I was disappointed with it in the end (I actually have no issues with the silver suit. I wish they had used it the whole movie.). I found the story for the reboot to be weaker than R3 and Kinnaman's performance was quite forced. The movie just didn't seem to know what it wanted to focus on and gave us a handful of hurried sub-plots which were resolved in a half-ass way. It just doesn't feel like RoboCop - at least not the version we are used to. You want to talk about an absence of RoboCop flavor? The reboot lacked it big time. It's like that bag of dollar store bbq chips that says on the bag that it's bbq but there's so little seasoning on the chips you would have to read the bag to know they are bbq. R3 is like expecting spicy nacho Doritos but getting regular Doritos instead - a milder flavor but either way, you know they are Doritos. Even the Ghostbusters reboot was better than Robo's (that one I actually bought on blu ray) and it had almost just as many problems. Oh Hell... I'm gonna say it folks - brace yourselves - Prime Directives has more RoboCop flavor than the reboot.

Now I'm gonna go get a bag of chips... craving them all of a sudden... :roll:

And Stan, I'm more interested in the 5 who voted the remake a 10... Neutral

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:43 am Reply with quote

I'd say most of the positive grades were from that brazilian guy who claimed the reboot was way better than the original and either his friends or alternate accounts.
The thing with the rebbot and RoboCop 3 is this:
I compare R3 to the original because that is what it claims to be. Robo suit, Anne Lewis, original Ed 209 and so on.
The reboot however is totally different and as I said, I don't compare it to the original. It is it's own thing.
Yeah, it had some annoying lengths, weak acting on some fronts, but at least to me, I had some strong moments too.
I liked black dude Lewis, the fact that Robo was manufactured in China, the starting scene, the Moment when Murphy finally returns home and his son is so excited, but then Murphy has to return to the lab for maintenance. It just moved me to a degree.
I also like how RoboCop was really just a Trojan horse to get a foot in the door to sell robots in America.
And when that was accomplished they didn't need him anymore and wanted to kill him.
Then the fighting scenes, which I quite enjoyed, like the final test where he takes on 50 of those EM 208s or when he fights multiple ed 209s.

I just like it.

RB 787

game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:39 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
I'd call Burke in Bottin's suit more 'real Robo' than Kinnaman's douchecanoe Murphy in that Batman-IronMan hybrid reject attire any day of the week and I think many more would agree with me.

You got that right mofo!

RB 1658

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:47 pm Reply with quote

RoboWags :
Prime Directives has more RoboCop flavor than the reboot|

I agree with this as well. For all its faults, PD was rooted in Robocop's history and attempted to explore some rarely touched upon aspects of Robocop's history, like his relationship with his son, and even tho it always looked a bit off they got the suit mostly right.

RB 1658

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:54 am Reply with quote

RoboWags :
With that being said, let me just say that I saw the reboot in theaters...once. One time. Did I hate it? No. Did I leave the show feeling like I just saw a RoboCop movie? Kind of. Do I own it on DVD or Blu-ray? No. I've had zero interest in watching it again. As many complained about the suit prior to the movie's release, I was one of the ones who were optimistic about how it would turn out but I was disappointed with it in the end (I actually have no issues with the silver suit. I wish they had used it the whole movie.). I found the story for the reboot to be weaker than R3 and Kinnaman's performance was quite forced. The movie just didn't seem to know what it wanted to focus on and gave us a handful of hurried sub-plots which were resolved in a half-ass way. It just doesn't feel like RoboCop - at least not the version we are used to. You want to talk about an absence of RoboCop flavor? The reboot lacked it big time. It's like that bag of dollar store bbq chips that says on the bag that it's bbq but there's so little seasoning on the chips you would have to read the bag to know they are bbq. R3 is like expecting spicy nacho Doritos but getting regular Doritos instead - a milder flavor but either way, you know they are Doritos. Even the Ghostbusters reboot was better than Robo's (that one I actually bought on blu ray) and it had almost just as many problems. Oh Hell... I'm gonna say it folks - brace yourselves - Prime Directives has more RoboCop flavor than the reboot.

This pretty much nails it about the remake all around.

..With the exception of that last part. I simply can't allow any inkling PD is better than anything else Robo, yes even the not-so-Robo-ish remake. I will grant yes Prime Directives is traditional RoboCop. But it is also traditional Robo at its utter and absolute worst to a level that still remains irredeemable. So with that I guess I do prefer a moderately sucking not-so-Robo to a thorough and near complete sucking OG Robo. I would watch the remake again.. certainly long before I'd watch PD again, at least.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard