New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

More NECA Robo stuff?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
I don't mind the R3 accessories but why not do a RJB mouth sculpt?? I hate seeing a flying Peter Weller!

NO fucking way this was happening! NECA is notoriously cheap about making new sculpts,and will reuse a body over and over and over again as long as they can get away with it.

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote

While I like the iridescent clearcoat on NECA's Robo, it is soooooooo nice to finally see some blue in there! Also, I'd like to point out that I mentioned the Weapon Arm mere hours before they showed off the new figure. So I feel good about that too.

Don't feel so good about the lack of helmetlessnessess.

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote

I'm totally psyched about a figure having the gunarm and Cobra Gun, but that's the gun nut part of me talking. That said, this is still pretty cool.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Roboflic
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:04 pm Reply with quote

I'd love to have that helmetless roboc , and why not a Battle damage helmetless R1 and 2 battle damaged R2 Robo ? (Vs cain gang and VS robocain)

RB 80

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote

Because that is pretty hard to achieve by just repainting the original sculpt.

RB 787

game-xbox
Stygian360
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote

Roboflic :
I'd love to have that helmetless roboc , and why not a Battle damage helmetless R1 and 2 battle damaged R2 Robo ? (Vs cain gang and VS robocain)

NECA head honcho Randy Falk has been asked (via Twitter?) whether or not they would ever do a helmetless '87 Robocop and his answer was no. Apparently Weller charges a mint for his likeness rights. Of course the same was said about Arnie Schwarzenegger for years and eventually they made Predator and Terminator figures, so who knows.

RB 65

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote

Just a little bit more of info about the new Robo: http://necaonline.com/46977/licenses/movies/robocop/toy-fair-new-robocop-and-rambo-action-figures-with-abundant-accessories/?utm_campaign=TF14roborambo&utm_source=necafbgplus&utm_medium=social

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboTrap

L-L2

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:49 pm Reply with quote

I'd pick him up just for the new paint scheme, the other pieces are just bonuses! I really wish they'd include an open right hand, though. I'd prefer it to the terminal strip fist to be honest.

RB 13970

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:59 am Reply with quote

You pretty much said it Trap - Though I don't mind the data spike, still would like an open hand as well. Bah.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:30 am Reply with quote

The new RoboCop 3 NECA figure is now available for pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store at 24.99$ (RRP 29.99$)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12481&mode=retail&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing&utm_content=

I suppose the Jet-Pack is non-removable...? Would've been cool if NECA had some sort of mail-in sevice where you could get the extra accessories only. Still, seems like a good figure for a decent price, considering I paid, I think 17$ for the leg-holster version.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboTrap

L-L2

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote

I'll wait till we get production pics before trying to figure out whether it's permanently attached or not. There are plenty of messy bits on that prototype... the tip of the Weapon Arm's gun is snapped off, and it looks like painted over putty on the inside of the arm thrusters.

Too soon to tell, IMO.

RB 13970

Roboflic
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote

Do you think guys, the weapon arm can be removed and replaced by a normal hand ?

RB 80

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:53 pm Reply with quote

Randy Falk said in an interview at Toy Fair '14 that the flight pack IS removable. He didn't mention the gun arm but I'd imagine it's removable too.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
RoboTrap

L-L2

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to mode the pack with a couple of LEDs!

No reason why the Weapon Arm shouldn't pop off. Interchangeable hands is already part of the figure's design, and I don't think they'd spend the cash for any tooling they didn't have to.

Speaking of, they'd have to retool the chest for a helmetless Robo, since the collar isn't a separate piece....

RB 13970

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard