New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

More NECA Robo stuff?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
Randy Falk said in an interview at Toy Fair '14 that the flight pack IS removable. He didn't mention the gun arm but I'd imagine it's removable too.

Yeah, I read that later on that the Flight Pack is removable. Considering NECA have a history with arm-swapping on Robo figures, I suppose it makes sense for the Gunarm to be removable, though they could cheap out and not include a regular hand... might as well make us buy another variant in the future.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote

I like...But I really wish they'd move onto another sculpt already I mean how many times can we buy essentially the same figure..Think outside the box NECA Cain,Murphy,Lewis,Boddiker and gang,Dick jones,Bob Morton..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote

I always thought a Boddicker figure would be tits.. though I frankly don't ever expect it to happen. That said, don't see why not Lewis and Murphy, they're distinctive enough in terms of the film and all that. But what do I know? :roll:

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote

the real question is - CAN they do Lewis,Clarence, Dick Jones,etc.? they can't do Weller,as he still refuse his likeness rights to them. and it might not be as easy as just asking : Carl Weathers gave his rights to NECA for Apollo Creed,so when it came time to try and get them for Dillon from Predator,no problem,right?! wrong! it was revealed at Toy Fair they pursued Weathers for Dillon,but he refused. go figure!

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:01 am Reply with quote

The problem with anyone beyond Robo himself is that you only get one use out of that sculpt. All of the villains have different outfits and faces. And while Lewis and Murphy wear the same uniform, they obviously can't share any parts save for the helmets and guns. And if you want to get really nit-picky, Murphy and Lewis use different pistols in the film, so even then....

Clarence Boddicker or Leon Nash figures would hardly sell like hotcakes. Maybe Melting Man Emil would have good numbers, but we're already a niche market. The only reason we have so many Robo variants is because, well... it's fucking RoboCop. Batman figures sell well, but do you see many Commissioner Gordon action figures? It took one of the movies making almost a billion dollars before they made a Michael Caine Alfred figure.

I don't see high chances of picking up a Boddicker figure at your local toy store unless NECA decided to make a Clarence/Red Forman 2-pack.

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote

RoboTrap :
Clarence Boddicker or Leon Nash figures would hardly sell like hotcakes. Maybe Melting Man Emil would have good numbers, but we're already a niche market.

Emil would be awesome!

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote

RoboTrap :
And if you want to get really nit-picky, Murphy and Lewis use different pistols in the film, so even then....

Well, not really. They both use P226's, only time Lewis ever had a 'different' gun was when she handed the P9S to Murphy during the van chase, and even then that was the only time, and Murphy was the one who used it.

RoboTap :
Clarence Boddicker or Leon Nash figures would hardly sell like hotcakes. Maybe Melting Man Emil would have good numbers, but we're already a niche market.

Yeah I know, hence why I said it won't ever happen. I just thought it'd be awesome. That said, a Toxic-Waste Emil would be bitchin' as well. But again, doubtful we'd ever see it.

You said it, there's plenty of Batman but no Gordon and almost wasn't ever any Alfred, there's plenty of Terminator Arnold's and Endos but no Sarah Connor (as far as I know), and in-turn plenty of RoboCop and occasionally ED, but no Boddicker or Lewis. But Melting man Emil they should definitely make. Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:51 pm Reply with quote

They need to do Lewis...

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote

Here are some photos taken at Toy Fair 2014: http://news.toyark.com/2014/02/16/toy-fair-2014-neca-robocop-116380

POCOBOR :
I don't mind the R3 accessories but why not do a RJB mouth sculpt?? I hate seeing a flying Peter Weller!

This is actually one thing I really like about the figure for a couple of reasons:

1.) I never liked any other actor portraying RoboCop (that's a whole topic in itself for me, so I'll leave it at that); and

2.) This basically means we get a RoboCop 2 version of RoboCop by default.

This said, I'm really excited about this figure. For reason #2, I've been thinking about getting a second.

RB 549

Scratch Card
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:54 am Reply with quote

RoboWags :
They need to do Lewis...

Damn right, they need to make one! I'd buy it.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote

I got the NECA Robo with Assault Cannon and Jetpack.

I already have the battle damage, night fighter and NES ones so wasn't going to get this at first, but got to say the blue-tinged paint job is really nice. Looks very different side-by-side with the battle damage one. ( I will post a photo later.)

Also, with the flight pack and gun arm on, and assault rifle in the other hand with leg open, it looks like a heavy-artillery RoboCop.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Got one. Along with my vanilla Robo and leg open Robo.

So yeah I have a dodgy leg opening on this one so, it shall always remain shut and the sticky tape took off some of the paint on the assault rifle strap.

And yes I would totally get a Lewis, Boddicker and Melting Emil.

Actually... Why dont they make a Sarah Connor? And do they actually make Silver Robert Patricks?

RB 710

cake
RoboDave
O-L5*

O-L5*

OCP POLICE 075

Comment: A sane man, in an insane world

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:41 am Reply with quote

I got one the other day bringing my total of 7" NecaCops to 3

1: battle damaged (but with neck corrected with black paint that was missing)
2: gun leg version
3: flight pack version

I gave the Cobra AC to damaged robo, and put the jetpack on gun leg robo as it goes better with the silver armor than the blue armor.

RB 696

delorean-car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard