New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop VS Terminator - Remastered Comic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:05 am Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
My Gallery Edition arrived. I'm speechless.

That's what I'm sayin'.

Fuck these fuckers with their candy colored recolored editions that were probably colored in crayon. The original comics have great coloring that screams of early 90's Dark Horse. But the best color? No color. Well, white, but that sounds racist. But seriously, the Gallery Edition deifies Walt Simon's glorious artwork while the recolored edition demonizes it.

That's what I'm sayin'

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 am Reply with quote

I couldn't have put it better, Pimp. Although I don't mind the recolored hardback but I'll have to compare with my original comics over the weekend.

Anyway back to the Gallery Edition...

I'd marvel (no pun intended) at a single one of these pages at full-size but the whole story?! *Chris Tucker voice* DAAAAMMMMNN!!!

Gallery Edition is a spot-on name cos I'd pay to go and see this shit in an exhibition and it's now in my bedroom. Although I need to come up with a home for it cos it's FAR bigger than any bookshelf I have.

Nice foreword as well.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote

Ok I treat myself with both the gallery edition and new TPB.
I red and I should say if you're fan of this title, you need them all.
The gallery edition is spectacular and let you drool of excatsy in front of every Walt Simonson's panels, revealing all the glorious details of his art in awesome black&white.
The TPB is a must have too. The previous TPB was kind of lame except for the beautyful cover, my favourite.
This one is printed on high quality glossy paper, comes with a brand new dust cover art and beneath it the cover have a different art, all in colour.
About the recolorization....well I think it's all a question of taste.
I have got the original comics and love them.
This new TPB got some very nice colours, revealing Walt sharp drawing.
But even if you don't like it, get it because at the end you will fine a gallery of sketches unseen before, even in the gallery edition.
Another beautyful book you need to add to your shelves in place of the old, crappy Robocop vs Terminator TPB

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:37 am Reply with quote

Since I got a new iPhone I took a few more pics of this for those that are interested. Here it is again as the centerpiece of my shrine to Robo:

There's a small poster for the Robocop 2 trading cards hanging above this.

Next we have several takes on what may be the most iconic pose in Robo comics:

In the top left is Lee Sulivan's original piece from Marvel's Robocop #1. On the the top right is Walt Simon's take from the Gallery Edition. Below this is how it appeared printed in the Robocop vs. Terminator #1. Finally in the bottom left is how it Walt's image appears recolored in the Robocop Terminator: Kill Human collected edition.

Finally here's Walt's unused cover for Robocop vs. Terminator #4:

In the introduction he explains that it was rejected because "the Robocop approval board said Robocop couldn't run". It's a good thing someone was paying attention to these things, and I think the final cover is much better. It's a great piece though, and an interesting piece of Robo history.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:54 am Reply with quote

Great pose with your Glow In The Dark figure!

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard