New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

On ebay: Robocop 1987 screen used Peter weller Auto9 ?????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

ROBOTCOP
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: joined back in 2002 . forgot password. rejoined

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:04 am Reply with quote

ROBOCOP 1987 ORION PICTURES SCREEN USED PETER WELLER AUTO 9 GUN HANDGUN PROP SET

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321339135688

Would be nice to have in your collection

Cheers

Alex

RB 495

robocop-helmet ultra1
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:40 am Reply with quote

WOW. Shocked That's extremely rare to find the Auto-9 gun Peter used in the film. Can't believe it's bid is already $2,000-$4,000. Great find!

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:06 am Reply with quote

Methinks the original gun wouldn't say "air pistol" on the side. :roll:

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote

I'd imagine they'd use an air pistol or a stunt gun for the movie. Also, how would you explain that 'OCP Police' mark on the holster?

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:49 am Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l79-2bxeGRw

This is the gun they're selling. Good ol' MGC Auto-9. It's a licensed, blank-firing reproduction aka a model gun. And that OCP insignia is just a bit of creative license, it wasn't on the original prop.

The stunt guns were cast in hard rubber. The best case scenario is that maybe this was used in The Series (as they used a different version) but that's it. This thing wasn't even made until years after Weller hung up the helmet.

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote

Looks like a prop from The Series to me. The OCP logo has the same font as other products on "The Series".

Also:

Quote:
Up for your consideration is the actual screen used “Auto 9” handgun (complete with magazine and blank firing cartridges) from the original 1987 Orion Pictures feature film “RoboCop.” This gun was custom made for the 1987 original Robocop film, and was also screen used in episodes of the 1994 TV series RoboCop: The Series.

So, the text isn´t too clear about where they used it, as it explain his story. "From the original 1987 Orion Pictures" doesn´t mean it was used there, but that the design came from that.

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote

and trying to rip people off as well saying its the real auto-9. u can get this gun for £450

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote

gez1967 :
and trying to rip people off as well saying its the real auto-9. u can get this gun for £450

Well, if it´s an screen used prop from The Series I could understand the price gets high, but I´d like to see the face of the bidder when he get the gun to know it wasn´t used by Peter Weller.

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
gez1967

L-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
gez1967 :

Well, if it´s an screen used prop from The Series I could understand the price gets high, but I´d like to see the face of the bidder when he get the gun to know it wasn´t used by Peter Weller.

yes add be well pisssed if I got a good air gun, if I was the seller I would show the letter saying its from the 1st robo movie,

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote

RoboTrap :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l79-2bxeGRw

This is the gun they're selling. Good ol' MGC Auto-9. It's a licensed, blank-firing reproduction aka a model gun. And that OCP insignia is just a bit of creative license, it wasn't on the original prop.

The stunt guns were cast in hard rubber. The best case scenario is that maybe this was used in The Series (as they used a different version) but that's it. This thing wasn't even made until years after Weller hung up the helmet.

I remember when I first saw that clip, good to see it again after all these years. Thanks for that, Trap.

That said, I hate this - Not only is that NOT a screen-used gun from the original film (Maybe it was used in the Series, the OCP logo does match, as Chanood pointed out), but he also almost word-for-word plagiarized from RA/IMFDB as well -

His listing description -
Quote:
The Auto 9 was custom built from the Beretta m93R machine pistol, which was heavily modified for the film and TV series. Once modified from the Beretta m93R, the Auto 9 featured an elongated barrel with an enormous casket-shaped compensator/flash hider, grips, and a taller rear sight to match the raised front sight.
---
Originally, RoboCop was to carry the “Desert Eagle” handgun (which had just been released to the public at the time). However, even though the “Desert Eagle” looks almost oversized in the hands of the average person, it looked small in comparison to RoboCop’s bulky body armor. Therefore, the Auto 9 was born - recreated from the modified Beretta m93R.

RoboCop Archive Auto-9 section -
Quote:
The main weapon used by RoboCop is the "Auto 9". This is a Beretta m93R machine pistol which was heavily modified for the film, featuring a longer barrel with an enormous compensator/flash hider shaped like a casket, plastic grips, and a taller rear sight to match the raised front sight. Originally, RoboCop was to wield an Desert Eagle handgun (which was relatively new at the time). However, while the Desert Eagle looks big in the hands of a normal person, all of RoboCop's extra bulky armor made the Desert Eagle look relatively small in comparison. Therefore, they sought out the modified Beretta 93R.

So the whole thing is sketchy to me. Especially considering the guy seems to be otherwise selling a bunch of antiques and not other movie props, this is a real slant from what seems to be the rest of his wares. Don't like that personally. That said, he apparently has a 'letter of provenance' signed by a producer, though I just wonder what name and signature that would be exactly. He doesn't specify whether it was a producer of the original film or anything.

A final note - Films generally use molded non-functional dummy props for stunt work. And as this isn't the actual firing weapon as shown by the markings (which in R1 were unchanged from the original Beretta gun), well, there it is, as has been explained.

Bullshit aside, this would be a fun piece, but purporting it as screen-used from the original film is a blatant lie. Oh well, maybe it bombs and no one will buy it.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
DarthVader1
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote

110% agreed with Stan. 'Nuff said.

The guy almost got me in the grip OCP logo.

RB 2772

starwars-darthvader SW-Imperial game-xbox robo-rights
gez1967

L-L3

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote

I have asked the guy on ebay for photos and a photo 'letter of provenance' signed by a producer,well lets all see. oi hate people getting ripped off

RB 1158

gez1967

L-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote

here what he sent me lmfao

Yes, this gun was used by Peter Weller in the 1987 Robocop film. I can get some pictures of the paperwork - however the owner of the gun does not want his name made public so I will have to blur that portion of the letter out of the photo. What close ups of the gun would you like to see? The gun is currently being held by the owner, the producer, but I'll be able to stop over there in the next day or two to get you the photos. Just let me know what you would like to see

Kind Regards,

Ryan

RB 1158

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Wait, so he doesn't even actually OWN the thing himself, and he's selling it? And the 'producer' he claims to be able to validate the things authenticity (and who actually owns the piece) won't reveal himself? Yeah, ok. That's not fishy at all.

Fuck it, get pics of the 'paperwork' and all anyway. This might be fun to see.

If that thing was ever even seen by Peter Weller, I'll kiss that guy's ass.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard