New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop - A new Fan-Edit: RoboCop 3.0 [Work in Progress]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Hi there! I'm DCell, former David Cell [the author of RoboCop - Prime Directrives Fan Edit and RoboCop - The Human Factor Fan Edit] and Directrive4. Somehow, I've lost my login, so here I am back again with a new user. Smile Oh well...

So, I've watched the new RoboCop reboot, and...well. The movie isn't that bad, but as a reboot, I believe it fails miserably. Therefore, I've decided to have my own take on this new movie, that has good material. I'm actually going to turn this reboot into a sequel, that's gonna be called RoboCop 3.0.

As soon as it hits the BluRay shelves, I'm gonna rip it appart - literally - and will attempt to remove the soundtrack and insert my own remix of the classic Basil Poleudoris's masterpiece on RoboCop 1 and RoboCop 3 sountracks. I've already began to create my own mix using the screener I've recently downloaded to begin the pre-work, and it's amazing how the old, classic score works beautifully on this new movie. It's just amazing. Smile If you guys want, I can make a render of some scenes with just the music and the sequences, without the audio, so you can see for yourselves.

So here is the new synopsis, and the major changes you will see on my take [SPOILERS ALERT]:

Synopsis:

After the debacle of RoboCop 2's massacre at Omni Consumer Products's Press-Conference, OCP has been accused of several murder charges and product negligency, and therefore the use of their advanced robot-technology on american soil was prohibited by the American Government and the Dreyfus act, with the exception of the crime-fighter RoboCop. Due to that blockade imposed by the Government, the company changed management, policy and name, and attempts to enforce the use of their technology abroad, updating all of their products's design, as well as compensating the victims of the OCP's massacre by providing cybernetic prosthetics to the surviving members of the crowd with the OmniCorp Foundation. Now known as OMNICorp, this mega-corporation adopts a new posture regarding urban pacification and it's new CEO, Raymond Sellars, thinks of a new plan to turn the tide on OmniCorp's denial by their Government, using it's own ace in the hole: RoboCop.

----- How it's gonna be made:

So, in order to make this story believable instead of a reboot of Alex Murphy's death, I thought of a way for an interesting turnaround that could perfectly fit a sequel:

- Omnicorp wants to use RoboCop as a Public Relations boost, but Murphy is, at the eyes of the public, dehumanized. Nobody - except members of the DPD and obviously, his ex-wife and son - knows who RoboCop really is, and therefore, they use Antoine Vallon [also known as McDagget tongue1] to bring RoboCop back to OmniCorp headquarters for a complete overhaul. Obviously, this goes wrong as Vallon uses brutal force while attempting to "capture" RoboCop, killing Officer Lewis on the process. They now bring RoboCop back at OmniCorp, and he's rebuilt by Dr. Dennet Norton with an updated design and functionalities. On the other hand, they attempt to make him less cold and use his family to control his human aspect.
- The Jack Lewis is, in fact, former Sargeant Reed's son that now takes his place as Sgt. Jack Lewis Reed.
- I'm going to use the OmniCorp adds on some parts of the movie, to bring back what this movie is missing: the cuts to commercial adds that RoboCop 1 and 2 had and were amazing on a way to satirize the world. Maybe I will even use the "Johnny Rehab" from R3.
- I was thinking of using RoboCop 3's introduction when RoboCop appears, but I just can't get along with the machinegun/hand thing he has, so I'm going to use solely two scenes of him as the RoboCop we know: when he's having a nostalgic attack and searches on the database for Nikko's parents - he's not searching for them on this version, obviously. Probably searching for his wife and son's adress - and the scene where Lewis gets killed. So now, he has a reason to search for Antoine Vallon: for the murder of Officer Anne Lewis, and attempted murder of himself.

So this is my plan for the new reboot. Smile
Any thoughts, suggestions?

RB 707

DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:48 pm Reply with quote

Oh, and btw, I'm also adding a few things:
- a graphic to switch the "Attempted murder of Officer Alex Murphy" to "Murder of Office Anne Lewis" when Robo is searching for Vallon
- I will attempt to impersonate Joel Kinnaman's voice before he kills Vallon, saying and quoting my favourite line from R3: "I have a message from Officer Lewis."

Smile

RB 707

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Woo, another Cell edit. This time a reinvention of the 'reinvention' - Sounds daunting really, but hey, looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. Wink

BTW, did you ever try reclaiming your password or Emailing Archive about your old user before making a new account? I'm sure your member profile is still up - I wouldn't think it got deleted or anything.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Great that you've returned to the board! Smile
Let me know if you want to keep this account or switch to the old one. If you want to keep this one i can add postcount etc from the old account.

Sounds like an interesting project. Gonna be a tricky job to mix it all somewhat seamlessly into one movie, but you did a great job on your to previous fan edits so i have no doubt it will work. Maybe when the Blu-ray arrives they will also include some deleted scenes to add and play around with.

By the way, a while back I uploaded your series and PD fan edits to the archive youtube channel. They are very popular! Smile
https://www.youtube.com/user/robocoparchive1

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Haven't seen those things in a while (I DL'd the PD edit, but it's on the other comp), but hey, they're posted on the RA's YouTube channel? Awesome, should take some time on the weekend and scope 'em again. I remember the PD one being a considerable improvement.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I did try to reclaim it! Problem is, this time I got a message indicating the GMAIL accounts were targets of Spam issues, so as the email I was using to recover my account is a Gmail, that must've been what happened.

Anyhow, I've also attempted to contact Archive through Youtube, but I didn't get an answer so far. It's ok. Smile

I'm not very active on the forums, but I don't think there's a day I don't visit this place. I love this RoboCop community...and since most of the people around here have a tremendous respect for the franchise and the issues around RoboCop 1, 2 and the rest of the franchise - specially this reboot - I feel at home. Smile

Yup. I liked this new movie, but not as a reboot. It has much potencial to be a real sequel, so I'm basicaly mixing this new one with a bit of the R3, making this the RoboCop 3.0.
Maybe I will even send it to Padilha. tongue1 heheheh
Much respect for his work, of course. It's just a way of saying: "You should have gone to a sequel." .
But I'm sure it's a business issue, and he was "forced" to do it the way MGM wanted...but still, he managed to do a good job.
I really enjoyed the new movie. I watched it with my mind open, and if you forget about the Alex Murphy's death, you can get a nice, interesting story and plot. Except for Vallon...I hope I can rectify it. McDagget and Vallon are very look-a-like, so it might fly...eheh

RB 707

DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Yes!!
They are still online at RoboCop Archive's YouTube channel!! I was so proud that Archive has decided to upload them! I'm at work right now, so I can't access Youtube. But head over to the RoboCop Archive YT page, and it's there. Smile

I apreciate your comments. Actually, there was a lot of good material in P.D. that was wasted on horrible acting, cheap VFX and terrible sound/music. But the story was there. And what I've tried to keep, was the story-core. The element that I love about RoboCop: the satire, the philosophical question of Humanity, the Soul. So I hope I've made a good job.

I want to do the same with this new reboot. Just as soon as Blu-Ray hits the shelves, I'll buy that for (more than) a dollar, and I will do my thing. Hope not to disappoint anyone... Smile

RB 707

DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote

Oh, Archive! I didn't see your message! Smile I'd like to keep my postcount from the old account, if it's ok. Now I guess I can keep my account...I used the job email, but it's ok.

Thank you for the apreciation on the fan-edits...well, I really love Robocop, and to see such a good franchise being wasted by the damned MGM rules and the capitalistic PG-13 rating just gets me mad. Anyway, I think it's possible to merge this reboot with R3 very easily. I've got it all in my head!

Yeah, I am very much hoping for new material to come around with the Bray edition! Maybe they release deleted scenes (I'm really hoping for that), and the OmniCorp adds. If not, I can always download them from Youtube and try to merge them seamlessly. But you are right, Archive. It's gonna be complicated to merge the two movies seamlesly, specially because R3 has been filmed with analogic equipment, and this new reboot is digital. But I believe I can try to make a colour correction for the R3 sequences (I think I'm only using two or three sequences, at most).

I'm going to make some "physical" changes on some parts, not just cutting and pasting. I'm also going to make a mix with Murphy's P.O.V. from his killing sequence (for the scene where they are uploading the P.D. database into his head, and he starts to crack while watching his new "death"...oh my. Moving on. lol)...well, I hope it becomes better than what we've got,

So RoboCop 3.0 will come directly after RoboCop 2.
I will never edit RoboCop 1 and 2. They're both amazing movies, and even the RoboCop 2 remais true to the RoboCop legacy, so unless they release the deleted scenes from that one in good quality (which I really don't believe...), it will remain untouched. Smile

RB 707

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote

Ambitious, and very exciting.

I'll be keeping an eye on this so best of luck with it.

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Silicon Knight
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote

I've watched those fan-edits too. Great stuff, much more enjoyable and concise than the "real" PD, you obviously know what you're doing. Can't wait to see this new edit Smile

RB 248

DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:46 am Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your support, folks! I will try not to disappoint anyone!
By the way, here's an interesting interview to Padilha regarding the new movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxjgAGaOuLI

RB 707

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 am Reply with quote

Good to see you back Dcell.. missed ya man, cant wait to see how this one turns out

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote

Thanx, Mindchamber! Smile I've always been around, but I couldn't login most of the time. Anyhow, I'm back for good.

I've recently rediscovered the "RoboCop 3d" game we were developing back in 2004...wow Very Happy it certainly brings me back! I'd love to develop something of the kind, maybe an RPG about RoboCop or something. That would be great! Wink

I'm also very excited about this opportunity to remix the reboot/R3 to attempt to rectify it into a sequel. I hope the BRay version brings deleted scenes to play around with.

Do you have any new projects concerning RoboCop laying around?

RB 707

DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:58 am Reply with quote

Got some progress made!

I've been remixing the original soundtracks into some major scenes, and I've got a few I'd like to share, strictly on a "Work in Progress" basis, so you guys can see what I mean when I say the original soundtrack fits like a glove on this new movie.

I will try to upload them to my own dropbox and send you guys the links during the day so you can see what's been done so far.

Unfourtunantly, the video source I've arranged for the pre-work is horrible, and my Sony-Vegas's codecs are messing the video up. Of course this won't happen with the decent rip straight out of the BluRay, but well..this is what I've got to work with so far.

Soon! Smile

RB 707

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard