New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

"Hard R" RoboCop in New Ongoing Comics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote

BurnOne4Robo :
RoboHell :
Look at that fucking gun!

Yea, the proportion is ridiculous Laughing I don't think I've ever seen a Boom cover that I like though, sadly. I'm just not a fan of the artwork they use. There are some people here that could do a better job.

Anyone with art or story ideas should get them out there! After all, we're the fans. And not meaning to sound like The Family Heart Foundation, we care.

A lot of the Doctor Who writers now we're fans as kids.

Also, I'd fucking love Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner to write some new stories. That would be amazing. If anyone knows 'em, plant the idea!

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 am Reply with quote

I like the idea, and the enthusiasm in the interview was nice to see, but I've heard all this before. I haven't read the other stuff from BOOM! (just got caught up with the Dynamite stuff) but haven;t been too intrigued. At least that psychedelic alternate with skulls will be something to keep an eye out for.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I gotta say something...I mean, this is somewhat good news - bring rated R and faithfull to the first movie and all.... - but hasn't enough been done with tweaking with this character's story? I mean, we had the excelllent four-issue from Dynamite Comics, from RoboCop, where Lewis is shot...I mean, now we should what? Ignore that that story exists?

This sort of tempering with a character's storyline just like that, without respect, is something that really pisses me off.

RB 707

DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, through. I'm excited about this. It's just that it's sad that everything is a remake of a remake, specially because Dynamite did release some nice 4 issues on the beggining, and that would be a perfect roll to continue. The other issues I didn't really like much, but the story there is everything RoboCop: great satire, lots of decay, heavy story...it's amazing. Then, afterward, it got totally cheesy and lame. But this one? I'm afraid.

RB 707

Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote

Any good site for international buyer (I am in Hong Kong) to order this comic when it comes out in July?

RB 125

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote

Here´s a preview of the first issue here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=22349

RB 12188

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
TheCollector
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:05 am Reply with quote

C'mon, no ones read this yet?? Really?? It was great. It captured the tone of the original movie perfectly, I was expecting lots of talk on it in here.

RB 68

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:24 am Reply with quote

There is a news topic about the first issue here:

RoboCop Comic series by Boom Studios - Issue 1 on July 2
http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4048

RB 348819

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard