New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Terminator Genisys (2015)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote

More awful pictures, lol. Laughing
What is with the womans face in the group shot? It's like someones shining a light right in her eyes. They all look like they're being blinded by massive lights or lens flare.
Matt Smith looks like he's having a flashback to the bad days when he was in appalling Doctor Who episodes.
A common effect of being in those awful moffat trainwrecks is the actors look like they can't believe how ridiculously cretinous the script is.
The terminaters teeth?! While it is technically a skull. It looks like it's got dentures and is grinning.
Arnold Swarzanegger should give it up. Too old for it. And it's boring from a story view. Having every of that kind of that terminater look like him.

Don't judge Matt Smith on this film, BTW. He's a good actor. Before the Doctor degenerated into constantly ticing, over cutesy, bi polar, schhitsophrenic, PTSD, lunatic, he was actually doing proper acting in DW.
The ticing lunatic thing is the only way the moffat knows how to write the Doctor.

CREDITS 499

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote

My main doubt right now is we know they are revisiting moments of the original movies so shall we see a completely young Arnold from T1 and T2, the T-1000 and teenage John Connor? Probably they would use different actors for Edward Furlong's character and Robert Patrick's T-1000, that is obvious since Sarah and Kyle are different actors, but for Arnold will they use again the CGI young Arnold from Terminator Salvation?

I think if done properly it can be a funny experience for old fans, as "X-Men: Days of Future Past" was. Nothing great nor revolutionary, just an entertaining tribute to the first 2 movies. I have not lost faith yet as you can see... C'mon this is the true and original franchise that can afford a reboot-sequel with time-travel excuse, it is well deserved to have one more last ride with Arnie.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
I think if done properly it can be a funny experience for old fans, as "X-Men: Days of Future Past" was. Nothing great nor revolutionary, just an entertaining tribute to the first 2 movies. I have not lost faith yet as you can see... C'mon this is the true and original franchise that can afford a reboot-sequel with time-travel excuse, it is well deserved to have one more last ride with Arnie.

You make a good point, artu, and things like this are why I have not yet given up hope totally. But I gotta be honest, these images we're seeing aren't very enticing, even for a light piece of nostalgia.. which I'm not sure I care for so much. But I don't know. I will say that it is awesome to see Arnie and the T800 Endos again, but the rest of it? Bah.

As you said, this could be an entertaining piece with some Arnie and other nostalgia for old-time fans. But I have trepidation.. Frankly I thought the time-travel aspect was pretty much played out by T2 - I never would have wanted to keep using that element. Also not sure I care for every other character being different while still seeing Arnie.. Just kinda jarring, really. Unlike X-Men DOFP where they kept/re-used many of the original actors concurrent with the newer stock.. (A stock they set up and stuck with so at least there's a bit of continuity there). Furthermore, this whole franchise started out with a movie that had no real 'lightness' to it, unlike X-Men, so again, not sure if it's a fair/proper comparison, and not sure if I care for this franchise being gone about in that manner now..

All-told, the whole thing, what I know of it, seems like a joke. These pictures aren't helping to dispel that, either. It just peeves me somewhat - not exactly a mindset that gets me pumped up. My hopes, what I have, aren't high. Shit, to be frank, I have less hope for something good out of this than R2014, and even there I didn't have very high hopes.. I'm not sure it'll be done properly as you say, but, as always, not disallowing for that possibility, either. We shall see, of course.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote

The new T-800 endoskeleton look (and the old one to compare).

I would say the main difference is the chest, much less inspired in my opinion. I can't understand how a designer would ever think that looks better than the original.

The vertebral column may look more modern and stylish.

The teeth look bigger and/or the jaw looks thinner?

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote

Why bother removing the details and make unnecessary changes? WHY?

CREDITS 3040

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:16 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop should of been a big lesson learned, guess not.

CREDITS 891

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quote

^ I concur with the above posts. That said, honestly, I think the new design doesn't look that bad nor that much worse than the original, and in a way that's the bigger problem - So little has really changed (aside from the front plate and those enormous teeth, gah), makes me wonder why they bothered changing any of it, really.

The plate isn't that big a deal visually aside from it being uninspired as said. Not that the original was all that great looking but that was the point - it's meant to be practical and not stylish - Just something that covers/protects a fair portion of the workings from the front (if anything could be bigger) rather than some oversized Mercedes emblem shit..

Again, more than anything, I just wonder what was the import in changing any of it, especially if the changes would amount to so little. Bah.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote

I don't know what to say.

I think the plot wrapped up nicely in T2.

It just seems redundant.

CREDITS 23

toaster baby-food game-xbox
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
The plate isn't that big a deal visually aside from it being uninspired as said. Not that the original was all that great looking but that was the point - it's meant to be practical and not stylish

I completely disagree there! tongue

To me the T-800 design has always been top notch, rivaling with Bottin's Robosuit. They are two opposite concepts (Robo is massive like a tank or late medieval knight, T-800 is pure and lean functionality "to the bone") but they are both iconic sharing overall simplicity and complexity in the details.

The original chest plate follows better the shape of a human thorax and ribs getting opened in the front lower part to let space for the digestive organs. Let's remember a T-800 is meant to be covered in skin and muscles, and probably has fake organs too. This new chest has a sharp and pointed steaking-out sternum! How in the hell could that be concealed or hidden with skin? It's the only part of a human chest that should look sunken! It goes completely against logic and functionality.

But aside from the shape, they got rid of all the engraved details of the original plate, just leaving that part plain... Imagine we see an update of Robo suit and they only remove all engraved details from the back, or the vent from the chest... We would just think how LAZY was the designer.

CREDITS 947

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Hey, I didn't mean it was a bad design, quite the opposite. I agree with you entirely in fact - It certainly has style and beauty, but most of the beauty and style of it is in it's design, which is clearly meant to keep of a more practical look, not like this new shit here.

By saying it's 'not that great looking' I just meant that it wasn't all 'flashy' and neat, and the original isn't - The original looks plainly and simply badass and solid, but not overdone. Sure there are some details but it's not too much. This new one is the opposite, it has new bits and details that don't add anything and don't retain that level of badass-ness, and is plain in other spots - it just looks silly, and also lazy as you mentioned.

As you said, that pointed star shit wouldn't work in the flesh-covered cyborg version, and looking at it again, I don't like that spiked spine - This all reminds me of the reboot suit, extra details and shit where it's not needed and serves no real purpose, while the rest of it is like a designer said 'ah fuck it, that's good enough, done.'

Anyway, the original looks awesome indeed but to me, the look seems like it was done without 'looking cool' in-mind, that wasn't the point as much. The new one is clear it had superficial appearance in-mind, which doesn't work in something like this.. I'm not against new designs and changes but I'm not into a change for either plain looks and/or only for the sake of doing so.. Much like the RebootCop suit.

CREDITS 2304

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:05 am Reply with quote

I have read they are probably using again a "Synthespian" for young Arnold as they did back in Terminator Salvation (that is a body double plus CGI Arnold scanned face). Probably they will recreate the 1984 T1 first scene where Arnold appears naked.

A trailer to be expected soon.

Another amateurish promotional image or maybe just a selfie? Smile

CREDITS 947

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote

Oh, and the best parodies from the previous ones:

CREDITS 947

razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:56 am Reply with quote

I'm trying so hard NOT to laugh but it's impossible.

Emilia Clarke is a cutie but she's no Linda Hamilton.

CREDITS 23

toaster baby-food game-xbox
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote

First look teaser trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW_LXxplOjk

CREDITS 947

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard