New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Terminator Genisys (2015)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote

So, I just saw the full trailer... better than I expected it to be, honestly. Still, if you're going to reboot something and pretend the previous movies didn't happen, don't bother re-creating scenes from them.

With that said, at this point, I just hope it's better than Salvation and is atleast watchable. We all know Terminator's name has been dragged through the mud already, like so many other things...

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc

I have to say it looks just as I expected, a kind of "X-Men Days of Future Past" non-revolutionary entertainment.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote

Saw it just now - Honestly, kinda bums me out to see the franchise come this far to more-or-less go back to where it was at 1991. That said, it all looks alright, except for a couple of things (Arnie's Endo hand.. yeesh).

I think 93 made a solid point - You really wanna reboot/remake the shit, don't copy-and-paste shit straight from the previous incarnation(s) you're wanting to differentiate yourself from so damn blatantly.

Seems like the 'dragged through the mud' franchise will stay pretty dirty.. but it does seem watchable. Then again so did T3 and Salvation.. Still, might be something here. We'll see. I always reserve judgement 'til the final product and make allowance for the possibility of it being good, though admittedly both the possibility and allowance are slim. All-told, I think artu said it, whatever allowance I make I ain't really expecting anything special here.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:14 am Reply with quote

Of the three notable sequel trailers to come out recently (this, Jurassic World, Star Wars VII), this might be the best...though that's not saying much. I'm definitely more excited for Star Wars, but the trailer didn't show much. In contrast, I rather like what I saw here. The story is an interesting twist, it actually reminded me of the better ideas in Robocop Terminator: Kill Human, what with the whole "you thought you knew the movie but this changes everything thing". Of course, hearing the line "we could actually stop judgement day" might make you scream "again!", and it does, but I surprisingly enjoyed this trailer. At the very least it looks better than Terminator Salvation or the Sara Connor chronicles, so while this may not be the most original Terminator story ever told, it probably won't be the worst.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote

I didn't hold out much hope for this but the trailer actually changed my mind. Apart from a car apparently flipping a bus over (huh?) I actually like the idea that Reece goes back to 1984 but the past has changed.

CREDITS 121

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Victorboris1
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
I didn't hold out much hope for this but the trailer actually changed my mind. Apart from a car apparently flipping a bus over (huh?) I actually like the idea that Reece goes back to 1984 but the past has changed.

That car is probably made of recycled Nokias brickphones.

CREDITS 4009

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote

Actually, what annoys me most about the trailer is that, despite an apocalyptic war raging around him, Jai Courtney is still spending all week in the gym and drinking more than his ration of protein shakes.

CREDITS 121

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Victorboris1
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
Actually, what annoys me most about the trailer is that, despite an apocalyptic war raging around him, Jai Courtney is still spending all week in the gym and drinking more than his ration of protein shakes.

He eats the flesh from captured T800 infiltrators, future brotein.

CREDITS 4009

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :

I completely agree with that, Michael Biehn had an athletic shape, he was muscular but lean, not massive at all. This Jai Courtney is closer to the Terminator body shape than the post-apocalyptic rebel that lives underground surrounded by misery.

It is a trend with many actors today going for the muscular look and just going too far, putting up 10kg/20lbs of unnecessary muscle bordering the bodybuilder look. Channing Tatum or Mark Wahlberg are two examples I can think of, through their career they only got bigger and bigger. I could also argue I hate how Chris Evans makes Captain America look like a bodybuilder, but many would disagree with me. If that was not enough this trend also affected the Ninja Turtles! Maybe too much WWE influence in America?

CREDITS 947

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
JimWantsAliens :

I completely agree with that, Michael Biehn had an athletic shape, he was muscular but lean, not massive at all. This Jai Courtney is closer to the Terminator body shape than the post-apocalyptic rebel that lives underground surrounded by misery.

It is a trend with many actors today going for the muscular look and just going too far, putting up 10kg/20lbs of unnecessary muscle bordering the bodybuilder look. Channing Tatum or Mark Wahlberg are two examples I can think of, through their career they only got bigger and bigger. I could also argue I hate how Chris Evans makes Captain America look like a bodybuilder, but many would disagree with me. If that was not enough this trend also affected the Ninja Turtles! Maybe too much WWE influence in America?

Shit, Wahlberg looks a bit more normal compared to some other tanks calling themselves actors you see in shit today - At least I don't think his bulk is emphasized as much as it is with some other dudes. Still, I concur, seems to be all these really handsome super-beefcake types in all these roles, yes even when they're supposed to be things like apocalyptic survivors, some kind of 'normal' dues, or such. Which is kinda bullshit - Why can't more regular proportioned fellas be action heros and shit? As I understand it, regular dudes don't generally spend four days a week at Gold's Gym. As said, I don't remember Captain America being some hunk, he was a regular dude.. Bah. But normal dudes just don't look as good on camera, gotta have something fine and hot to look at. But hell, it goes both ways - lady scientists and government agents don't usually look like Jessica Alba or Scarlett Johanssen either, and so forth, women with C-cups (or bigger) and perfect skin and legs that won't quit and that. Jennifer Lawrence is a decent bit de-emphasized in Hunger Games, but even then still a bit too good looking to me. But that's what many really want to see, both ways. Can't entirely say that doesn't apply to me either. In any event, that's all something else..

Ahem, back to Terminator specifically - I agree completely - Biehn really looked the part of some, if not starved, then not well-nourished, lean but fit survivor-type. The Terminator was originally meant to be Lance Henriksen, a real infiltrator something more normal and average guy looking (indeed, like most actual serial killers and the like). Which I think might have been fine. Of course Arnold wanting that role changed that but even so, despite his bulk, it wasn't too overblown (some movies emphasized Arnold's build a lot, T1 not so much to me), and I think his demeanor in that character more than anything cemented his role as an emotionless killing machine. I personally think Robert Patrick in T2 one-upped that by providing that same menacing inhumanity in a much more normal looking wrapper. He was fucken awesome.

But now comes recent years where everything is overdone, and in a bad way - A needlessly sexualized Terminator (T-X), Arnold continuing to come back, and other such ridiculousness. And now it's coming full-circle, yet another franchise trying to capitalize on success stuck in the past, trying to recapture, even in-part, that glorious 80s awesomeness because they can't make something awesome on its own.. And here I am just bitching again.. Bah. Oh well. Confused

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
I don't remember Captain America being some hunk, he was a regular dude.

I'm gonna have to correct you on this one. He was a regular dude, just a 90 pound weakling, until he received the super soldier serum which caused him to immediately turn into beefcake.

CREDITS 191

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:12 am Reply with quote

Well, as I said, I didn't remember that. In any event, he at least might have a rationale for having some hunk being cast for that role there. Some of these other characters not so much. I think we still have valid point(s) anyway.

CREDITS 2304

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:27 am Reply with quote

Yes those points do apply to a plethora of films, but not really comic book movies. I read any interesting letter from John Byrne describing his ire at how Cyclops had gone from being a normal guy with powers to a bodybuilder type no different from the rest...that's just a trend in comic though, to have all the heros be freakishly muscular. Comics sometimes get a bad rap for idealizing or over-sexualizing women, but to be fair they do the same to men.

CREDITS 191

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard