New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Terminator Genisys (2015)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:04 am Reply with quote

New trailer FULL of spoilers, don't watch it if you want to see the movie with innocent eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGSxss7gWak

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Bah, my eyes already got a beast-raping from those old pictures ages ago. Though I didn't need a further gang-bang from this clip, though.. Bah..

That said, yes, this trailer is very spolierish and reveals a lot - too much - so forewarned is forearmed or whatever the hell.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:47 am Reply with quote

What am I looking forward to most? Easily the fight between the old and new Terminator. I just hope it lasts longer than 5 seconds. The body double technology was actually a highlight of Salvation, and so far looks even better here.

My head hurts from all the plot twists introduced into the continuity of the original film, but it's all in good Terminator fun. I love seeing the old locations revisited. No matter how bad (or good) this turns out, it looks like it'll be a riot now that Arnie's back on board.

CREDITS 15

hamburger
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote

Now that I've had time to process the new trailer...

Does anyone realize that because The "hero" terminator of the story battles the "original" terminator (1984), Bill Paxton's character gets to live?

"Eat this Scum."

CREDITS 287

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote

Seems the movie is getting panned by the critics (27% rotten tomatoes), not doing too bad in the box office, neither great.

Haven't seen it yet, I thought it was going to be a decent entertainment like "X-Men: Days of Future Past" with a lot of fan service, but with the trailer full of spoilers from April I lost all faith.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:46 am Reply with quote

It seems critics are slamming the film, but even with some folks I know on FB and such, it's been mixed - I've heard some good things from some, others, well, not really bad, but not all that good either.

A notable point I've been hearing is it's gonna be tough to follow much of it unless you have a decent background of the first two films - If so I'm sure that screws up any new viewers right there.

In any event I remain no more optimistic than before, I guess I'll see and judge for myself in due course.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:55 am Reply with quote

My mom said it was "wonderful", but I don't know if that bodes good or bad for me. When i mentioned I was worried the trailer revealed too much she said she there are definitely some surprises, though, so I think I'll go see it soon.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:38 am Reply with quote

The marketing folks need to be shot - you'd think they'd have learnt from spoiling the Sam Worthington character in Salvation.

It's worth a watch if you're a fan. Emilia Clarke impressed me as Sarah Connor - I never watched The SC Chronicles so she's only ever been Linda Hamilton to me.

Hope they do another.

CREDITS 121

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Officer Igor Antunes
Detroit Police | Omnicorp

Sgt-L2

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote

I've seen yesterday here. It's a real nice homage to the franchise, it was like visiting an old friend. Arnold is still spectacular as T-800, and we have some nice moments of nostalgia (mostly by the 1984 sequences).

Unlike RoboCop 2014, Genesys was made to please classic Terminator fans, but i can't see it as a "serious" Terminator movie with the integrity and realistic appeal that reach the T1's and T2's masterpiece levels.

It's a movie that ends in itself and probably concludes Arnold's Terminator saga forever. They'll need to reboot this thing to keep Terminator franchise running in the future.

As strange as it seems, i think Genesys it's the "RoboCop 4" that we have never seen. I encourage you guys to watch it.

CREDITS 57

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote

i enjoyed the play on continuty, and its easiely the cheesiest one of them all..

I enjoyed it on the cheese factor alone,.. but it made more plot holes/time paradoxes than the first 3 ever could...

And thumbs up for DrWho

CREDITS 3259

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:22 pm Reply with quote

So I finally got to check this out a couple weeks ago.At first I thought it was alright but after letting it marinate for awhile in my head juices,I've decided its a pretty lame flick.With the exception of Arnold the movie just didn't work for me.Tone was just flat wrong,No one ever seemed in any real danger it's a lifeless reflection of its former self.

CREDITS 1111

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:41 am Reply with quote

(possible spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't seen it yet!)
Help me understand this:
The new villain was from a different timeline, implying there are multiple timelines, but all the previous movies operated on the old linear model of time (like in Back to the Future) where time is a single line that time travelers jump back and forth in.
I am sure that the change was just a way to make a new movie possible, but doesn't this make the time travel in the older movies seem less realistic? And was the new T1000 supposed to be the same guy from T2 (Robert Patrick's character) or a different T1000 sent back to 1984 instead of 1992?
Maybe I am overthinking this, but I had a hard time working it all out in my head.

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Victorboris1
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:40 pm Reply with quote

RoboJOF :
(possible spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't seen it yet!)
Help me understand this:
The new villain was from a different timeline, implying there are multiple timelines, but all the previous movies operated on the old linear model of time (like in Back to the Future) where time is a single line that time travelers jump back and forth in.
I am sure that the change was just a way to make a new movie possible, but doesn't this make the time travel in the older movies seem less realistic? And was the new T1000 supposed to be the same guy from T2 (Robert Patrick's character) or a different T1000 sent back to 1984 instead of 1992?
Maybe I am overthinking this, but I had a hard time working it all out in my head.

Different T1000, sent from another timeline, and so is Pops T800. There's a theory that this T1000 was the Terminator responsible for killing Sarah's parents, cause she says a T1000 killed her parents during the scene in which both her and Kyle are incarcerated in a police van. So they spent this entire time hiding, training, and arming themselves, while the Korean T1000 defaulted to his secondary objective, which was to kill Kyle Reese once he came back from the future.

CREDITS 4009

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote

This movie is exactly the worst I could imagine since I saw that trailer full of spoilers (if you thought maybe the final movie could explain all the nonsense, well it doesn't, the movie is exactly what you see in the trailer but 2 hours longer).

Only the part involving T1 remade scenes is somewhat OK, but it's probably no more than 10-15 minutes (there is nothing revisited from T2 as it was suggested and speculated initially, when I had the hope it could be a smart and fun "Back to the Future II" type of sequel). The rest is a huge LAZY mess of a plot and the most boring action scenes you can imagine. How far from the original movies where you could feel in every single scene the high stakes and the tension.

It is as bad as Die Hard 5 (Jay Courtney on both by the way) or even worse. To be honest, after seeing Die Hard 5 and Terminator Genisys (and Predators, Ninja Turtles, Conan the Barbarian, Indiana Jones 4) maybe we should feel more grateful about Robo remake... It is a masterpiece in comparison.

CREDITS 947

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard