New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Why is Patricia Charbonneau uncredited in RoboCop 2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:44 pm Reply with quote

Her absence from RoboDoc is interesting to be sure. Maybe she declined as Weller did.

Update: I asked the producers via Facebook and they said they tracked down everyone so if she isn't in it then she most likely declined.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:54 pm Reply with quote

Maybe Archive can do another "Fate of Catzo" piece on this. She's still active, having being interviewed last year for her part in a 1985 film. Her first new role in 10 years is also listed as 'announced'. Could happen, even if the "RoboDoc" guys didn't get her.

Another prominent actress in the franchise, who hasn't given a retrospective interview on her part before, is Yvette Nipar from "The Series". Although there was talk between them on Twitter about a possible interview for the doc, it doesn't seem as if it happened. She posted a photo of a Madigan figure sat on the fence - literally, and had she been filmed, I think they would've posted a frame from the footage.

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:12 pm Reply with quote

I'll try to do some digging. Smile

I talked to the Robodoc guys about Jill Hennessey and Yvette Nipar, but i don't have much of interest to report.

Jill was busy and couldn't commit and get the time (or she wasn't interested). Yvette really wanted to do it when first approached but unfortunately she also couldn't take the time for whatever reason. It's pretty vague.

Although both actresses would have been great additions to Robodoc, i understand that the team can't spend too much time trying to make schedules work. Most time and effort was done locating people from Robo1.

RB 348486

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:12 pm Reply with quote

Maybe you should try them, then. Do a "Women of RoboCop" series. Would be timely, given the current feeling in Hollywood.

Don't know what the doc guys got on Kershner from Nancy, but I often wondered what he did to her exactly to make her feel the way she does. There's a still of them and Weller in-between takes, during filming of the baby rescue scene. Laughs and smiles all round, with her in particular wholeheartedly.

There's also this. BTS B-Roll from '89. She's upbeat in interview, and not looking the victim of abuse when Kershner's giving her direction: https://youtu.be/QNAOpxm8CDE?t=54s

If you were to try for Jill and Yvette, I'd throw Andrea into the hat, as well. There's of course Patricia, and I'm sure there could be others. Maybe Leslie Hope and Maria Del Mar from "Prime Directives". We focus that much on the men from the franchise, that with the exception of Nancy, we don't shine a spotlight on the women. I'd certainly like to see one on them.

As for the doc crew focusing on the first film - a lot of it will be repetition, I think. There's been that many documentaries on the original. Featurettes, Q&A's. The more interesting stories lie in the subsequent productions. RoboCop Archive could be the one to explore those from the perspective of the actresses. Just those who the crew didn't meet. Wouldn't have to step on their toes.

RB 2500

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:56 pm Reply with quote

Spectrum Scarlet :
Maybe you should try them, then. Do a "Women of RoboCop" series. Would be timely, given the current feeling in Hollywood.

Don't know what the doc guys got on Kershner from Nancy, but I often wondered what he did to her exactly to make her feel the way she does. There's a still of them and Weller in-between takes, during filming of the baby rescue scene. Laughs and smiles all round, with her in particular wholeheartedly.

There's also this. BTS B-Roll from '89. She's upbeat in interview, and not looking the victim of abuse when Kershner's giving her direction: https://youtu.be/QNAOpxm8CDE?t=54s

If you were to try for Jill and Yvette, I'd throw Andrea into the hat, as well. There's of course Patricia, and I'm sure there could be others. Maybe Leslie Hope and Maria Del Mar from "Prime Directives". We focus that much on the men from the franchise, that with the exception of Nancy, we don't shine a spotlight on the women. I'd certainly like to see one on them.

As for the doc crew focusing on the first film - a lot of it will be repetition, I think. There's been that many documentaries on the original. Featurettes, Q&A's. The more interesting stories lie in the subsequent productions. RoboCop Archive could be the one to explore those from the perspective of the actresses. Just those who the crew didn't meet. Wouldn't have to step on their toes.

Just when you think you've seen all the behind the scenes featurettes from 1987 - 1993, up pops Spectrum Scarlet with another! Smile I'd never seen this one before...so thank you for sharing. Smile

While I love "2", I've often wished more of the "humanity" scenes were left in the film, that the Murphy's family sub-plot wasn't discarded near the beginning of the movie etc. It often fascinates me to see Kershner talk about the humanity of the character so much in featurettes when much of this narrative was stripped away in the film.

Anyhoo, don't want to go off-topic - so I'll leave it there. Wink

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 pm Reply with quote

Spectrum Scarlet :

I think the more friendly option was Maria del Mar. I almost interview her for the RoboCop special I did for my magazine, but sadly I had to cut her since there were too many people from PD in that part. I contacted Yvette and Andrea as well, but no answer in both cases. Wich is a shame; it´d be interesting to hear all those familiar faces giving their thoughts about their RoboCop experiences.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:58 pm Reply with quote

As always i like the idea of asking questions to cast and crew but my problem is coming up with good questions. With Catzo it was a mystery and something everyone (probably not) was interested in knowing. With Patricia it is the same. We can smell behind the scenes drama here that we want to know more about. It's potentially juicy stuff worth digging deeper into.

I just wouldn't know what to ask Yvette or Jill apart from the same old stuff like "how was it to work on the series/Robo3?" I want to come up with an actual intelligent and interesting question to ask them that they don't get with every movie they make.

PD as whole doesn't really interest me. With all the actors and actresses it feels like they just filmed whatever to get some quick cash. I don't think they are interested in talking about Robo at all. But i could be wrong.

RB 348486

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:30 am Reply with quote

NukeLord :
While I love "2", I've often wished more of the "humanity" scenes were left in the film, that the Murphy's family sub-plot wasn't discarded near the beginning of the movie etc. It often fascinates me to see Kershner talk about the humanity of the character so much in featurettes when much of this narrative was stripped away in the film.

Seconded all the way and without going off on a tangent myself I too give thanks to SS for the vid.. always good to see new BTS stuff for anything Robo, especially the sequels and such.

Anyway I remember hearing about how Jill and Yvette couldn't be available for the Doc, was a bit bummed about that - the latter especially as she seemed interested for a time. That said, grand idea about the idea of a companion piece for the ladies of Robo, would be cool. Though I'm afraid Archive said it though about it being difficult to approach any of 'em without anything particular or otherwise worthwhile to ask about.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:11 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

Well, she´s an actress. On every Hollywood´s "making of" featurette they always look happy, and usually praise the work. They have to promote the flick, after all. That´s why when they leak a problem on set (like Bale´s shouting in Terminator: Salvation) everyone is shocked tongue

Quote:
With all the actors and actresses it feels like they just filmed whatever to get some quick cash. I don't think they are interested in talking about Robo at all. But i could be wrong.

People like Ellen Dubin or Galyn Görg seem to have a soft spot for the character. Of course, not on an insane level as us, but that´s something. And I was surprised about how talkative Bruce Locke was. Lots of behind the scenes facts and he really liked fiming Robo3. He´s aware that film killed his career, but it was a fun, easy shooting for him.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
People like Ellen Dubin or Galyn Görg seem to have a soft spot for the character.

With Ellen it's funny that she was shoehorned into Robo:PD. She was related or something with someone at the studio and they forced the writers/director to include her. She was not fun to work with apparently.

Same with the triplets. They were also forced to include them. But I'm sure they were more enjoyable to work with. opps

RB 348486

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
With Ellen it's funny that she was shoehorned into Robo:PD. She was related or something with someone at the studio and they forced the writers/director to include her. She was not fun to work with apparently.

According to the scripts, her part was written for a guy, if I recall correctly.

Archive :
Same with the triplets. They were also forced to include them. But I'm sure they were more enjoyable to work with. opps

Yeah, I knew that. They´re fun to watch, but I assume the studio included them to generate some buzz among males. Can´t see another reason to include them.

RB 11786

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 pm Reply with quote

My favourite and fondest memory of RoboCop: PD will always be Glenn Orr's review of this mini-series featured on this site. Comedy gold. Smile

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:00 am Reply with quote

NukeLord :
My favourite and fondest memory of RoboCop: PD will always be Glenn Orr's review of this mini-series featured on this site. Comedy gold. Smile

I second that as well, sir. thumb1 Well that, and Jose's flash vid.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:42 am Reply with quote

My pleasure, gentlemen. When I stumbled across it, I was in awe myself of the unseen interviews and additional set footage. Just goes to show that the EPK Orion sent out to international networks to promote the movie was more than what U.S. entertainment news programmes aired at the time. This was either a Spanish or Mexican broadcast.

The RoboDoc guys would do well trying to source the original camera tapes (before they were edited), if they haven't already. On that note, they mentioned a RoboBook is in the works as a companion piece to their two-part release. They gave an interview at a horror con where they revealed it.

Archive :
As always i like the idea of asking questions to cast and crew but my problem is coming up with good questions. With Catzo it was a mystery and something everyone (probably not) was interested in knowing. With Patricia it is the same. We can smell behind the scenes drama here that we want to know more about. It's potentially juicy stuff worth digging deeper into.

I just wouldn't know what to ask Yvette or Jill apart from the same old stuff like "how was it to work on the series/Robo3?" I want to come up with an actual intelligent and interesting question to ask them that they don't get with every movie they make.

Maybe not Jill then, but there's nothing wrong asking the same old stuff. If anything, they'll be flattered someone's taking an interest in their past work. Yvette and Andrea were part of a global, iconic franchise, playing their characters longer than the movie casts. They should be made to feel proud of the show, given it was done with the best intentions and highest production values at the time.

It's without a doubt one of the most polished, cinematic productions 90's television had. Was simply the no-violence mandate which pulled them down; often fought rebelliously against by the exec. producer and team. They should've been on CBS or NBC. Not syndication.

I could come up with some very interesting questions for them and Jill. Concerning their characters and what could've happened (for the former two) in a 2nd Season. The show should've ran for at least 2 years. 3 at the most.

RB 2500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard