New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New ROBOCOPS web series by Machinima
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:10 pm Reply with quote

Video entertainment platform Machinima have announced several sci-fi and game-inspired series on May 4 at its Digital Content NewFronts presentation. Showing off its partnerships with DC, MGM, STAR TREK writer Roberto Orci and others, one of its main shows will focus on ROBOCOP in a series of internet shorts.

"ROBOCOPS" is a short-form limited web series based on the original MGM 1987 action film where viewers ride along with the now standard-issue RoboCop officers as they respond to calls from dispatch. Tapping into current themes of the surveillance state, the series is shot from the first-person point of view of the RoboCop officers’ heads-up display, along with security cameras, dash-cams and drones.

SOURCE:
http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2015/05/05/robocop-web-series-on-the-way-from-machinima/

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote

Okay I DEFINITELY and I mean DEFINITELY didn't see this coming...

Granted, it's probably going to end up being crap, the premise sounds much more like something that would fit in the RebootCop universe, not the classic Robo we have so much love for...

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:45 pm Reply with quote

Guy's although this is very exciting new's I have to let you know its a very low budget affair,I was contacted and signed as their Robocop for establishing shots,Then things changed and they went another direction,The one good thing I can tell you is the guy in charge really digs Robocop I spent a good portion of my weekend 2 weeks ago talking with him about the production.Its a low budget to no budget production.So lets hope for the best.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote

So that was the big new you couldn't talk about. What happened? Why couldn't you do it?

And shoot, maybe a low budget is what we need....maybe not this low, but the black turd that cost 100 Mil is still floating in the toilet.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:07 pm Reply with quote

The announcement did come as a total surprise, but so far I cant say I'm extremely excited about the COPS reality drama premise.

My main concern is if it will have a bunch of RoboCop suits in it or if it's just gonna be normal guys with minor tech attached to them. Machinima did a good job with their other productions such as "Mortal Kombat" and "Street fighter" so here's hoping it will at least be somewhat enjoyable.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote

As the others have expressed, I too hope this might be something. Like Fan, this is something that came out of nowhere to me. Sad to hear they didn't proceed in working with you vegas, but what can ya do? At least there is some care and sense of fandom from someone on the project, a good sign for sure.

More than anything, the premise sounds kinda iffy - I agree this sounds more something that would fit in RebootCop's setup rather than the original material.

I agree that this sounds like it'll will be yet another low-rent affair trying to cash in on Robo's moderately well-established popularity, but even so perhaps it might be something good within that. We'll see, of course.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Well,Basically its Cop's through the eyes of the Robocops,As for what happened with me,I really don't know I was hired for establishing the Character as physically being there on the scene,Shooting was to be one Night Shoot and one Day shoot.Matty Kirsch the main guy in charge called me hired me and as everything was discussed and finalized I waited for the complete shooting schedule only to be notified that the direction had changed and I was no longer needed for this part of the production,I imagine their just gonna use stock footage from the films I mean why wouldn't they?.As explained to me you never really see the Robocops as everything is scene through Robovision POV..Any ways I wish them tons of luck and hope to work with them in the future on this project..

RB 5648

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Well,Basically its Cop's through the eyes of the Robocops,As for what happened with me,I really don't know I was hired for establishing the Character as physically being there on the scene,Shooting was to be one Night Shoot and one Day shoot.Matty Kirsch the main guy in charge called me hired me and as everything was discussed and finalized I waited for the complete shooting schedule only to be notified that the direction had changed and I was no longer needed for this part of the production,I imagine their just gonna use stock footage from the films I mean why wouldn't they?.As explained to me you never really see the Robocops as everything is scene through Robovision POV..Any ways I wish them tons of luck and hope to work with them in the future on this project..

I find it lame. I mean, if having a webseries on RoboCopsī POV is an excuse to avoid getting somebody on a suit, bad. Iīd be nice to have a fellow Archive member on the project, and see some "metal" on it. Anyway, itīs a new RoboCop product, which a) itīs nice & b) it could be crap. :roll:

The good point is that the dude behind the project is a fan of the project, but we heard that in every new RoboCop related project and the final product well... doesnīt get right.

But hey, itīs nice to have "classic" Robo back, even if itīs only his POV.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote

If they are only going for a POV and not actually showing any Robo suit on camera then I don't really have any interest in this product. Using the RoboCop name for a product that technically wont have any RoboCop on screen will be severely disappointing. But sure, it's still early on. Things can happen that makes things more interesting, and we still have no idea when they plan to release it.

Yeah, the "big robofan" gets thrown around a lot and don't really mean anything in official channels any more. The guys behind the Titus game were huge RoboCop fans also as I recall.

RB 347913

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:44 pm Reply with quote

Yeah The "big fan" doe's get thrown around a lot!..Thats why I kept it to he really digs Robo cuase that's what I got from speaking to him,He's coming out to vegas in june and wants to check out the Robo collection so I hope to keep the door open as long as the idea is solid.

RB 5648

ROBOCONE
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:28 am Reply with quote

Alex Murphy is the only RoboCop.

RB 215

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:43 pm Reply with quote

I haven't watched Machinima videos since they were all pulled from video game footage, so this was really a surprise to me... but I don't like the idea at all. It could be cool, if they had the budget to have a lot of Robocop suits so they could have like the main character Robo rebel against the others or something. As it stands, it seems like an idea loosely based on Robocop that will be pretty boring. These type of projects never seem to have good acting, or special effects, or anything like that, so I'm guessing this will be another forgettable homage rather than a full-fledged fan project. Still, I am looking forward to see what they do with this because there is a lot of potential, even if that potential is only realized for a few seconds of screen time.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:57 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
I haven't watched Machinima videos since they were all pulled from video game footage, so this was really a surprise to me... but I don't like the idea at all. It could be cool, if they had the budget to have a lot of Robocop suits so they could have like the main character Robo rebel against the others or something.

I think they could work with a few suits, and duplicate them in front of a green screen if they needed more in the series, not a "big issue" for that. Donīt know what theyīll do, but I hope theyīll include a full RoboCop at some point. I mean, having a RoboCop series with 100%Robo Free sounds pretty lame. Having Roboīs POV isnīt enough.

I read at other sites that even they wouldnīt go for the classic one, and try a "new version" of it, letting the original and the reboot go. That sounds even worse. I hope thatīs not true.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
RoboPimp :
I haven't watched Machinima videos since they were all pulled from video game footage, so this was really a surprise to me... but I don't like the idea at all. It could be cool, if they had the budget to have a lot of Robocop suits so they could have like the main character Robo rebel against the others or something.

I think they could work with a few suits, and duplicate them in front of a green screen if they needed more in the series, not a "big issue" for that. Donīt know what theyīll do, but I hope theyīll include a full RoboCop at some point. I mean, having a RoboCop series with 100%Robo Free sounds pretty lame. Having Roboīs POV isnīt enough.

I read at other sites that even they wouldnīt go for the classic one, and try a "new version" of it, letting the original and the reboot go. That sounds even worse. I hope thatīs not true.

Its not intended to be completely Robo free.And to my knowledge no new Robo at all.

RB 5648

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard