New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Lieutenant Hedgecock

RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:27 am Reply with quote

Lt. Hedgecock got his orders from Dick Jones to have Robocop destroyed. So, after Lewis rescues Murphy and speeds off, how come he and his swat team didn’t chase them down? It’s almost like “Robo has left the building” and he got away, that’s that! He obviously didn’t get the job done so Jones gives Clarence the tracking device and the weapons for him and his gang to finish off Robo once and for all. I heard Hedgecock would’ve been in the sequels, but he was killed by Lewis? Was that in the script? And if she did kill him, could she really get away with it?

RB 1156

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:30 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
Lt. Hedgecock got his orders from Dick Jones to have Robocop destroyed. So, after Lewis rescues Murphy and speeds off, how come he and his swat team didn’t chase them down? It’s almost like “Robo has left the building” and he got away, that’s that! He obviously didn’t get the job done so Jones gives Clarence the tracking device and the weapons for him and his gang to finish off Robo once and for all. I heard Hedgecock would’ve been in the sequels, but he was killed by Lewis? Was that in the script? And if she did kill him, could she really get away with it?

Nope, the script cuts to a media break , death of Stallone at 97.Never heard about Hedgecock getting more screentime.

RB 1199

game-xbox
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:58 pm Reply with quote

That is a good point. It seems the pursuit was called off for some reason.

It could be because of the strike maybe? When Lewis returned to the police precinct almost every cop was gone.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:42 pm Reply with quote

I brought up the topic because I didn't know how accurate the Villains Wiki for Lt. Hedgecock was. It said either Lewis killed him or the Old Man sues him, striped him of his position and is arrested for following Dick Jones' orders to destroy Robocop. Also, Lewis was alerted by other officers of his betrayal and that's why she rescues Robocop on level 3.
And that was another thing I wondered: When Lewis goes back to the precinct to get Murphy's gun, where was Tyler and the other techs? Did they walk out too? I figure they would be wondering why Robo never returned and they would ask Lewis about why she needed his gun.

RB 1156

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 pm Reply with quote

I don't have the RoboCop novel but perhaps there's more detail there?

Lewis returning to the precinct does raise a lot of questions. Is no one looking for her?
Also, is that the same Auto-9 gun that Robo dropped in Dick Jones' office or another one?

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 pm Reply with quote

Hedgecock does reappear in the Marvel animated series where he is a sort of antagonist and sees RoboCop as a rival. The episode "Man in the Iron Suit" is all about Hedgecock facing off against Robo in a test of man vs machine. Dr. McNamara also appears as a villain in the Marvel animated series, I always thought those were creative ways to repurpose minor characters from the original film.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard