New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Hob's death chat with Robo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

nindo
R-L5

R-L5

Comment: Cops don't like me, so I don't like cops.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:54 pm Reply with quote

"By the way there's also the scene where Duffy gets eviscerated and you can see Angie is a whole lot more troubled for Duffy's fate than Hob is. Hob seems more grossed out by the gorey display than Duffy actually dying"

I don't think so.

When i see this picture, i see hob horrified like angie.

Cain had promised to do just scared duffy. He lied and forced hob to see this:

RB 362

Maxlee
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Scenes, and entire movies, for that matter, are always open to different interpretation by the viewer.

I remain confident that in my opinion, as the scene and dialogue plays out, Angie seems a lot more stressed and panicked because Duffy is gonna die. Hob is just more like, "Duffy who cares, but that blood and screaming is making me nauseous."

RB 1560

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:29 am Reply with quote

"Don't mess with Cain man, he'll make sushi out of you"

RB 4892

Ed-260
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Maxlee :
Scenes, and entire movies, for that matter, are always open to different interpretation by the viewer.

I remain confident that in my opinion, as the scene and dialogue plays out, Angie seems a lot more stressed and panicked because Duffy is gonna die. Hob is just more like, "Duffy who cares, but that blood and screaming is making me nauseous."

I have to lean more to this also, myself.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:09 pm Reply with quote

What is Hob’s backstory? Was he just an orphaned kid like Gadget? And how come he doesn’t take Nuke, or we just don’t see it onscreen because he’s a kid?

RB 1156

Robomania
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:06 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
What is Hob’s backstory? Was he just an orphaned kid like Gadget? And how come he doesn’t take Nuke, or we just don’t see it onscreen because he’s a kid?

That's a thought, even if he did we might not see it but I got the impression he didn't. When he was using it to make Angie obedient, I assumed he knew better than to be at that mercy himself.

RB 166

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:38 am Reply with quote

Robomania :
RoboLewis :

That's a thought, even if he did we might not see it but I got the impression he didn't. When he was using it to make Angie obedient, I assumed he knew better than to be at that mercy himself.

I agree, he's following the 'prime directive' of dealing - Don't get high on your own supply. Which if its all his supply, well, yeah, lol. But yes it fully precludes becoming at the mercy of it - Something that Hob plainly saw first hand all-around from the low-level street addicts all the way to Angie and even Cain himself. You get a sense he wasn't going to have that happen to him, especially if he was to continue the organization. And moreso when you consider that you get the sense he intends to carry it all on as more a 'business', divorced from the whole 'cult' aspect which was more Cain and Angie's thing - A thing that also came more from doing the drug.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
NOF
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Who told you how?

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:52 pm Reply with quote

It's a bit of a cop out, as he was portrayed as a sadistic cunt throughout the film, so to see him reduced to a frightened little boy doesn't hold water. Robo's comforting of him could have been an example of how his sense of duty outrides his desire for vengeance, but it's not handled in a way which would hint at this.

The fact that Hob is lying bleeding in a pile of money while wearing a suit is either a metaphor for destructive capitalism or a Scarface homage.

RB 534

comic2-robocop game-xbox arcade2-robocop2 Doom robocop3-fanboy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard