New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The Fate of Catzo - A RoboCop2 Mystery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Just read this post and the Dekker one - absolutely fantastic stuff! Archive you're a legend, sir!

I agree Noonan is brilliant in R2. I think Last Action Hero is seriously under-rated too and maybe ahead of its time with its Curb Your Enthusiasm-type in-jokes.

The idea of rushing a big budget film into production seems to echo some of the problems David Fincher and Fox had on Alien 3, although at least with R2 they were broadly decided on the story.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote

Great article Smile

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:54 pm Reply with quote

I've never figured what's with the anti lemon sign in the shop, we can't see very well but it's written partially visible :

"ask about our
lemon pedge
pol"

I guess it's the word policy.
What do you think ? The other signs talk about extended guarantee for a low price.

RB 1199

game-xbox
TODD-209
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Archive, I had read your post with the pics and interview some time ago, but I never got around to commenting...

That was so enjoyable and unexpected, to be discussing something of such interest like this, then to have an administrator go above and beyond to add the perfect and definitive comment on the subject from the actor in question...it's just brilliant and such an interesting revelation. Thank you, sir!

I too used to wonder whatever happened to Catzo, although for many years I didn't even know the character's name. He seemed to be a pretty prominent member of the outfit, and very eccentric-looking, to be sure, so he stood out well-enough. I used to think he looked like a garish Dirty Harry stunt-double, if I squinted just right. (lol)

Anyway, great read Archive, and extremely interesting. I could read an entire book like this, with comments and anecdotes from everyone involved, from the writers and directors right down to the food table caterers. I just devour the behind-the-scenes stuff like this.

RB 1633

ultra4
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Hob, regarding the sign, I think 'Lemon Pledge' is a pretty common brand of polish in the US and as such, people in future Detroit have grown to hate it and are sick of the smell, so the store was just letting customers know that they don't use it or they won't accept items from customers that have been treated with it. That's what I think anyway!

I have to be honest, I've seen RoboCop 2 so many times I can't count them, and yet I have never noticed that lemon sign in the background before!

RB 19108

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote

I hadn't noticed it either. RoboCop 2 is actually playing on TV right now, so I'll be on the lookout for it.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Paddy :
Hob, regarding the sign, I think 'Lemon Pledge' is a pretty common brand of polish in the US and as such, people in future Detroit have grown to hate it and are sick of the smell, so the store was just letting customers know that they don't use it or they won't accept items from customers that have been treated with it. That's what I think anyway!

I have to be honest, I've seen RoboCop 2 so many times I can't count them, and yet I have never noticed that lemon sign in the background before!

You must be right thanks for helping.

RB 1199

game-xbox
primativ
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:43 pm Reply with quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_(automobile)

I think the "no lemon" sign refers to products that break almost immediately. The store is basically saying that their products are of high quality.

Just my take on it.

RB 55

prototype-figure2
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote

primativ :
I think the "no lemon" sign refers to products that break almost immediately. The store is basically saying that their products are of high quality.

Just my take on it.

Yeah, that's how I see it as well.

A "lemon" is a product that was put together incorrectly and doesn't work well even though it is supposed to be brand new. It is mostly associated with cars, but electronic stores also use it sometimes such as in Robo2.

As "primativ" said, with the sign the store state their products are better as well as/or having some sort of replace/repair guarantee if a product would break.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:27 pm Reply with quote

It's weird. As kids, the only version my brother and I ever saw of Robocop 2 was the tv edit. And we never knew his name was Catzo, but we always noticed he disappeared. It's one of a handful of early Robo2 memories I have.

I don't really care for the nuke related death along with the dialogue, considering you never see him use nuke in the film.

I would have been okay with the stabbing death had it been shot in a way where Lewis and Catzo got in a scuffle with her gun being knocked away. Then him trying to stab her, and her using his momentum to stab himself.

Even with the scene being cut. I wish they would have at least showed his corpse or something.
I wish there a way to see the footage of the unfinished scene.

Archive, you're amazing.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote

Congratulations to all the folks involved in this great Robocop 2 revelation! I was delighted to have some new information come out of a fan's inquiry and then the icing on the cake was having Catzo's story explained by the actor who created him! I thoroughly enjoyed reading along and I appreciate Michael Medieros' contributions to this article!
Also, someone mentioned Felton Perry and I wanted to add that as one of the only people to be in all 3 movies, he would be an awesome person to have a say about the trilogy's significance.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:42 pm Reply with quote

I find that asking the right question is the hardest part. All of the RoboCop cast and crew people have all these stories in them and the tricky part is making them tell them. The Catzo mystery is something that I and many had been wondering about for years, despite it being a rather silly and kind of issue.

Hopefully with the 2017 Robodoc production we will get to hear some more original and mindblowing stories told and not just a recycle of the same old stuff.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:28 am Reply with quote

Awesome article Archive, that was nice to read on coming back to the Archive today.

It would be awesome to see all these deleted scenes.

RB 4892

Ed-260
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:23 am Reply with quote

From IMDB Robocop 2 trivia:
"During the shootout between Cain's gang and cops in the warehouse, there was originally a knife fight scene between Catzo (Cain's right hand man known as "Elvis Guy" amongst fans of the film) and Lewis which ended with Lewis killing him."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100502/trivia

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard