New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

More RoboCop2 mysteries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote

But didn't he want to be a robot? Weren't the deleted scenes of him at OCP basically saying that he was jealous of RoboCop and wanted to be a machine that would live forever as well? He got his wish, and as they say, be careful what you wish for.

HOB888 :
I think when he figured out that he could never have sex with Angie, like before, he snapped.
I'm not even going to tell you what I was thinking about when I read this and then thought of the scene where Cain extended his arm to Angie in the warehouse shoot-out scene and what that alluded to!

RB 18899

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:48 pm Reply with quote

HOB888 :
I think when he figured out that he could never have sex with Angie, like before, he snapped.

paddy :
I'm not even going to tell you what I was thinking about when I read this and then thought of the scene where Cain extended his arm to Angie in the warehouse shoot-out scene and what that alluded to!

Laughing

RB 1199

game-xbox
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:26 am Reply with quote

I’m sure these have probably been answered before but I gotta ask anyway. First, R2 takes place about a year or so after the first film, so have the cops been on strike that long? And if the other officers like Lewis and even Sgt. Reed chose to continue working instead of picketing, were they paid? If not, how could they survive without a paycheck for so long? It’s funny how after Murphy says that Cain was “bugging” him and wanted to go after him, now the cops decide to go back to work!
Second, I know some photos I have seen from Robocop 2 were deleted scenes, but others I’ve seen made me wonder if they were just promotional photos. One picture has Robo next to the cruiser in front of the precinct with his hand on the door
and Lewis is just looking at him. And another looks like the scene just after he electrocutes himself and he’s leaning very close to Lewis’ face like he’s saying something to her with the other cops looking on.

RB 1156

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:21 am Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
First, R2 takes place about a year or so after the first film, so have the cops been on strike that long?

No. They went back to work at the conclusion of the first film - It was noted in the deleted ending sequence I believe. As for R2, remember the MediaBreak report at the start - "Following the latest breakdown in negotiations, Detroit's police today returned to the picket line.." So they had only just went back on strike.

Quote:
And if the other officers like Lewis and even Sgt. Reed chose to continue working instead of picketing, were they paid? If not, how could they survive without a paycheck for so long?

Yes. They were still paid (albeit a greatly reduced amount - Most of what precipitated this newest strike). And again since the strike is recent, it's not as if they went a whole year without pay.

Quote:
It’s funny how after Murphy says that Cain was “bugging” him and wanted to go after him, now the cops decide to go back to work!

An issue of a failure in the narrative that was astutely pointed out ages ago - and that I wholeheartedly agree with. It's number 4.
http://robocoparchive.com/archive/feature-robocop2-retro3.htm

Quote:
Second, I know some photos I have seen from Robocop 2 were deleted scenes, but others I’ve seen made me wonder if they were just promotional photos. One picture has Robo next to the cruiser in front of the precinct with his hand on the door
and Lewis is just looking at him. And another looks like the scene just after he electrocutes himself and he’s leaning very close to Lewis’ face like he’s saying something to her with the other cops looking on.

Those are indeed just promo/on-the-set shots AFAIK.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard