New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2: Corporate Wars - Script
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Interesting new quote from verhoeven from this link:
http://collider.com/paul-verhoeven-elle-robocop-reboot-interview/

VERHOEVEN: "It’s interesting, I just heard that they want to…when I did Robocop they immediately wanted to do a sequel the next year. This was Orion who went bankrupt, but that’s ok. So I was interested. In the United States they make sequels. I get it. So myself and Michael Miner started working on ideas. We were really thinking about it because I feel a sequel has to go further. I think one of the best sequels is Star Wars 2, probably. That is a sequel that’s good. Normally they aren’t good because it’s so difficult to find that inspiration.

So I really wanted to take some time and develop something that deserved to exist and was different. But Orion didn’t want to wait, so they used other people. But I just heard that MGM was thinking of picking up the ideas that we were working on in ’87 (Laughs). I don’t know if they’ll do it, but they are talking about it."

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote

Whoa! This was unexpected. I dare not get my hopes too high considering the way MGM have treated the character the last few years but just the thought is definitely exciting. If MGM could follow the example of Orion from back in the day and hire a director/writer team with a unique vision and fuck off the set until it's all said and done maybe something like this could be great. As much as I disliked about the remake I can't help but think that Padilha had a much different movie in mind when he was hired. To me, everything after the that body horror reveal scene seems like someone else's movie. Like the studio took over after that.

Oh well, this certainly gives us a little bit to chew on for a while along with RoboDoc and the inevitable boost in recognition with the 30th anniversary coming up. Great find, Archive!

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote

The ideas from 87 that Verhoeven talk about is of course "Corporate Wars" as we all know.

so we have to ask ourself the question.

Is it possible that releasing the script here and it being out there on the net caught MGM's attention? That they read the script and now see potential in it? Ancient RoboCop theorists say YES!

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote

It would be too much of a coincidence. But how would Verhoeven learn about it? Did MGM approach him? He says "I just heard" as if it was a word of mouth rumor, but being himself now so far (in time and space) from Hollywood, it's weird he got to hear it.

Anyway, we know how these things work, MGM could have just had a quick look at CW script, made a couple of calls to screenwriters to take a look at it and give feedback, and biggest chance is they won't do anything else with it. But at least it may be a hint they are still figuring out ways to keep the franchise alive, which is normal, it's a property.

Yet, fresh news is blockbusters lost money this summer, first serious signal saturation of franchises and reboots? More reasons for Sony to be afraid to risk anything with Robo. Unless they came to the conclusion Robo should not have a blockbuster budget to begin with, but CW is high sci-fi which would need a lot of money...

Again, a very interesting thing about Verhoeven's interview is his view on the remake: "they seem to think that the lightness of say Total Recall and Robocop is a hindrance. So they take these somewhat absurd stories and make them much too serious. I think that is a mistake. Especially in Robocop when he awakens they gave him the same brain. He’s a horribly injured and amputated victim, which is horrifying and tragic from the very beginning."

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:31 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
It would be too much of a coincidence. But how would Verhoeven learn about it? Did MGM approach him? He says "I just heard" as if it was a word of mouth rumor, but being himself now so far (in time and space) from Hollywood, it's weird he got to hear it.

He usually hangs out with Ed Neumeier, and he works for Sony. Also, it has a mention on RebootCop, so maybe he´d be the missing link.

Quote:
Playing it straight without any humour is a problem and not an improvement

Amen to that.

I´m interesting on watching "Elle", but not sure if it´ll have a big distribution in Spain. As for "Corporate Wars", if they forget about RebootCop and let the original guys do another "reboot" connecting with the original, yes. If not, I think it´d be better to leave it alone.

What if MGM tried to do something with the character one more time and they announce some interesting news for the 30th anniversary? Would be cool, if done well.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:44 pm Reply with quote

In my fantasy world mind, every time Neumeier and Verhoeven get together for these brunches and meet ups they have, they're honing the perfect RoboCop sequel. Until I know otherwise that's what I'll continue to imagine.

RB 1391

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:07 pm Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
In my fantasy world mind, every time Neumeier and Verhoeven get together for these brunches and meet ups they have, they're honing the perfect RoboCop sequel. Until I know otherwise that's what I'll continue to imagine.

Same here, though I think artu said it that it's just too good to really believe something will come of it really. But who knows?

That said, great article. Verhoeven has hit the nail on the head on it all, as he always has. Especially on the remake, that omitting that lightness and going too serious is a problem, as artu quoted. The Empire Strikes Back was a good pick for his point about a sequel going further. "If I like it, I say, “fuck it.” " God, I love this man.

I still enjoy the Corporate Wars concept, and always believed it would be a great route for a reboot. It might work as a RemakeCop sequel, but even then, bah. Much as I want to like parts of R2014 they screwed the pooch and it's hard justifying salvaging it.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:37 pm Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
If MGM could follow the example of Orion from back in the day and hire a director/writer team with a unique vision and fuck off the set until it's all said and done maybe something like this could be great.

Neumeier & Verhoeven's vision not unique enough?

No one else seems capable of surmounting it.

It worked for George Miller and Fury Road (Lynch & Frost on Twin Peaks is next up) so I'd rather see the originals get the first offer of a second chance at their Corprate Wars ideas before anyone else.

RB 306

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:34 am Reply with quote

What a great read, even though it was short overall. I would love to hear Paul talk about these topics and more in greater detail.

Building off of what Stan said, I absolutely love the way his mind works and registers information. Not only did he make his point when using ESB as his example, but I love that he simply refers to the movie as Star Wars 2.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:44 am Reply with quote

Judge Black :
POCOBOR :
If MGM could follow the example of Orion from back in the day and hire a director/writer team with a unique vision and fuck off the set until it's all said and done maybe something like this could be great.

Neumeier & Verhoeven's vision not unique enough?

No one else seems capable of surmounting it.

It worked for George Miller and Fury Road (Lynch & Frost on Twin Peaks is next up) so I'd rather see the originals get the first offer of a second chance at their Corprate Wars ideas before anyone else.

The only reason I didn't mention Ed and Paul is because I assume they wouldn't be interested or at least Paul wouldn't since in the interview with Collider he laughed at the thought of MGM using ideas from Corporate Wars to make another movie. Not ruling it out and OF COURSE they'd be the ideal team to helm another RoboCop movie, that goes without saying, right? Hence why I mentioned in another post here that the two of them reteaming for RoboCop is a fantasy of mine.

RB 1391

Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote

With the corporate Trump-bot in power, now more than ever is the ideal time to do a proper - satirical - version of The Corporate Wars, RoboCop sequel.

So-called "liberal" Hollywood should be jumping at the chance to fund it.

RB 306

Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:50 pm Reply with quote

Judge Black :
With the corporate Trump-bot in power, now more than ever is the ideal time to do a proper - satirical - version of The Corporate Wars, RoboCop sequel.

Looks like my idea came true.

RB 306

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:14 pm Reply with quote

Judge Black :
Judge Black :

Looks like my idea came true.

Nice one Judge! Smile

Something tells me it won't be Bixby Snyder as President. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it is an over-the-top fascist, sexist, billionaire Detroit Mayor who was a reality TV star in the mould of Trump. I don't see where a President fits into the city of Detroit. Though that's just my hunch.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:31 pm Reply with quote

Having a parody trump character seems too obvious i think. Every comedian and every show on TV has made fun of trump in one way or another and assuming "RoboCop Returns" is released in 2020 the whole thing is just gonna feel extremely old and done.

I also hope they spin the satire in another way and don't go the social media parody angle. It's been done so many times.

RB 348130

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard