New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

There was ANOTHER RoboCop novelization...

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:00 am Reply with quote

So, as most of you probably know, back in the day, Ed Naha wrote novelizations of both "RoboCop" and "RoboCop 2". Turns out though, that the first movie got another novelization that was only released in Russia. And not only that, they also did a novelization for "RoboCop 3":

The book is credited to an "Arthur Quarry", a pen-name for a Russian author, and was part of a hardback series called "Бестселерьi Голливуда" (оr "Hollywood Bestsellers"). The series included both translations of official movie novelizations, as well as brand-new ones, written exclusively for the series. It also included sequels to popular movies, such as "Predator 3", for example.

While the first book was apparently NOT the Ed Naha novel, for "RoboCop 2" they did actually use the official novelization:

And at some point, they also did a "RoboCop 3" novelization:

These, from what I've seen, also include some black-and-white illustrations here and there.

Any fans from Russia that might give us a bit more insight on these?

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
drsyn71
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:24 am Reply with quote

Sweet. A Robocop 3 novelization. I was wondering if one had been done. I was just looking through some of my paperbacks and saw the R1 and R2 novels. It got me wondering if they did a third. Would have been nice to have one here in the U.S.

RB 1002

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:02 pm Reply with quote

Those hardcovers looks great and I'd love to have them in my collection just for display purposes. Definitely an upgrade from the beat up softcover Naha versions I read, which had uninspiring cover designs as I recall. Also would be interesting to see the differences in adaption, I wonder if the Russian versions would include scenes that did not make the final cut as in Naha's books.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:17 am Reply with quote

Interesting... I wonder what extra scenes are in the novel

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:08 pm Reply with quote

is there anywhere in the forums where someone breaks down the differences between the movies and the books?

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:57 am Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
is there anywhere in the forums where someone breaks down the differences between the movies and the books?

I second this! I really want to know...

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard