New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboDoc - New Robo Documentary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:07 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
RoboPimp :
I just hope that this documentary is about more than just the making of the first film

It seems they´ll cover the sequels and, as they said "the legacy".

Cool, but is it going to be 15-20 thrown in at the end? Sort of like the book recently, which is a book about the first movie with a few bonus pages about the 'legacy'. To me it is not the 'legacy'. To me Robocop 2 is as much a movie as Robocop. To me it is much more interesting to learn the history of how the comic license changed hands over the past 25 years than learn, yet again, Verhoeven's cinematic history and how Weller trained with a famous mime. That should be in there too, but the Marvel comics series isn't just a footnote in the 'legacy' to me, it is another essential part of the franchise. I have been watching a lot of Star Trek recently, and that would be like seeing an advertisement for a documentary about Star Trek as a whole, then it spends an hour and a half talking about the original series and then all the other shows, comics, and movies were squeezed into the last hour. That would be a disservice to the franchise. If you want to do a documentary about the first movie, do that. But if you claim to cover the entire franchise and shoehorn all the comics, sequels, and shows into one section about the 'legacy' then I would find that to be downright disrespectful. I'm not saying this documentary is going that route, but if it does I will consider it a disrespect to this community. If you want to make a documentary for the masses who have only vaguely heard about Robocop that is fine, but if they are making something that appeals to the hardcore fans as they claimed they had better give the sequels, shows, and comics the attention they deserve. Basically, if they spend more time talking about the first movie than all the comics put together they have missed the point.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:40 pm Reply with quote

I agree with pimp here, there's always a disservice done to 2 and 3 and the great marvel comics which saddens me. There's a lot to talk about the sequels.

RB 856

game-xbox
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:55 am Reply with quote

Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. As much as I love any and as much info as I can get my hands on from the first movie, it's been done to death. Don't get me wrong, I'll very happily revel in all the same stories from all the same people about R1 not to mention the new perspectives from some of the more background cast and crew. I can't wait to see if they have some footage or stills or anecdotes from R1 I haven't seen yet. I still can't believe they got S.D Nemeth!! I very much welcome all the '87 stuff they can cram in there. But the rest of the property desperately needs exploring. The series, all the comic stuff, the sequels, the cartoons, the amazing figures/statues through the years, the chicken commercials, the noodle commercials, Robo VS Pee-Wee VS ED-209.
I have a sneaking feeling, like pimp said, it'll be more or less an afterthought but they got Ed Naha and some people who worked exclusively on R2 so there's a little hope I guess for some post 1987 stuff. Now they just need Burke and Dekker and Miller and Lee Sullivan and Nikko and Eden and people like that. We shall see

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote

Have to jump on board and agree with pimp and the rest of y'all.

Growing up there was a time I loved R2 more than the 1st, I actually saw that in the theaters several times. I've been wanting some sort of book or documentary digging deep into that film and we just haven't hadn't yet, we keep getting little bits like pimp said.

Im happy that Robo is getting love and is still relevant in some eyes, but I would love to see someone take a crack at R2 like they are doing for this doc.

When I become independently wealthy, I'll get y'all together and we can make it.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote

Well, at least they´re trying. And have good people you never hear on a Robointerview talking here for the first time. Don´t know how they´ll deal with the sequels, but Dekker is there, Tom Noonan, Galen Gorg, Mark Irwin... I think it´ll be the closest to the sequel´s "featurettes" we will get. In more than 20 years we didn´t get an official making of of the rest of the parts from the franchise, so it´s good to see and hear people from 2 & 3 talking about it. Also, Neumeier is on board as part of the team, so who knows.

I happily contributed to it, to get it on Blu Ray. Now it´s time to wait for it.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Maxlee :
Hmmm, this might turn out more interesting for us than originally thought.

Does Archive have any part in this? Maybe he can show up for camera as internet fan community manager or what have you Wink

I've been helping them out behind the scenes in some minor fashion, but I'm not gonna do an on camera appearance for various reasons. The website itself will probably get some kind of mention and the name appears on the poster etc.

It's a not a contest but there are definitely bigger RoboCop fans than me, with more robo stuff, and some of those people will appear in the doc to represent us.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I've been helping them out behind the scenes in some minor fashion

Funny, as I asked them something and told them if they knew this website tongue

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Well, at least they´re trying. And have good people you never hear on a Robointerview talking here for the first time. Don´t know how they´ll deal with the sequels, but Dekker is there, Tom Noonan, Galen Gorg, Mark Irwin... I think it´ll be the closest to the sequel´s "featurettes" we will get. In more than 20 years we didn´t get an official making of of the rest of the parts from the franchise, so it´s good to see and hear people from 2 & 3 talking about it. Also, Neumeier is on board as part of the team, so who knows.

I happily contributed to it, to get it on Blu Ray. Now it´s time to wait for it.

I share the others' skepticism about the other films and parts of the franchise getting overlooked as well, but I'm with this. I'll admit a fair bit of focus will be on the original, as is expected, but even then I don't think those other parts will really be overloooked. At the very least, I truly don't think they'll be nearly as overlooked or shoved aside as they have been in the past.

I like this, I feel they are making a valiant and real effort at as much as they can. I wouldn't have coughed up dough for it otherwise. I look forward to what they bring us next year.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:37 pm Reply with quote

I asked them if they´re going to talk about the TV Series as well. They replied:

"Gathering people from the sequels and tv series now. So yes we will be covering those I hope the fans are happy about that. "

So, while it´s not sure how many screen time the sequels and TV shows will have, they´re working on getting people from the rest of the series. Which is not bad.

RB 11786

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:35 am Reply with quote

It's good to hear they are getting people from the sequels and Series. One person they should consider contacting is Lee Sullivan. I am friends with him on facebook and he is pretty active so I'm sure something could be arranged, if they want to go in depths on the Marvel comics. That's still a big if, however.

RB 1658

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:04 am Reply with quote

I have messaged them on Facebook to ask about the sequels and spin-offs and if everything will be getting a decent amount of screen time or if it is a mostly "RoboCop 1" documentary. I await their reply.

If they went to the trouble of getting Tom Noonan, Galen Gorg, Belinda Bauer, Angie Bolling, Thomas Irvine, Mark Irwin for RoboCop 2 and Fred Dekker (so far) for 3, then hopefully they do more than just have all the other movies and sequels crammed in at the end. Fingers crossed.

RB 18145

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:38 pm Reply with quote

Personally I am not satisfied with just covering the sequels too. The movies are not my favorite part of the Robocop "legacy". The comics are. The most expensive Robocop item I own is the Robocop vs. Terminator gallery edition. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but just from where I am sitting the movies are only a small part of the franchise.

RB 1658

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Personally I am not satisfied with just covering the sequels too. The movies are not my favorite part of the Robocop "legacy". The comics are. The most expensive Robocop item I own is the Robocop vs. Terminator gallery edition. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but just from where I am sitting the movies are only a small part of the franchise.

I actually agree and that's why I felt the "Definitive History" book was lacking. Not only were those sections pathetically short and not really informative, they also had some mistakes in there.
I'd love it if they got more people involved in this, people from beyond the movies, but it's unlikely to happen, unfortunately.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote

Archive :

but I'm not gonna do an on camera appearance for various reasons

Dammit Archive, you should. You've kept the legacy of RoboCop alive on the net for years. Take a bow, you've earned it.

RB 495

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard