New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

3D Printed Robocop Suit 1987 Build- COMPLETE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

MATTBLAK
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: "GRAVITY IS BRILL IT STOPS US FROM FLOATING INTO SPACE"

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quote

Following with great interest .. thanks for sharing

RB 250

game-xbox Batman89
pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:53 pm Reply with quote

MATTBLAK :
Following with great interest .. thanks for sharing

No problem hope you and everyone else enjoy. Here is a pic of the newly remodeled gloves DO3D did for me. Very excited to print them it's going to be a nice addition to the suit. I was thinking of printing it in TPU semi flex filament.
thumbnail_robocop-1987-classice-hand-glove-armor-gauntlet-3d-printable-model-stl-print-file-by-do3d-com by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
thumbnail_robocop-1987-classice-hand-glove-armor-3d-printable-model-stl-print-file-by-do3d-com by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

RB 1132

pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote

I went ahead and added the hinge detail on the gloves. I'm going to print the gloves in flexible PLA which I should be getting sometime soon. Also here is the update of the current progress of the leg.
new glove hinge by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
new glove hinge 2 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
Should have some more progress pics soon.

RB 1132

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:11 pm Reply with quote

Wow looks good!

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Robocop_Unit_1983
C-L2

C-L2

Troop Commander

Comment: I'm having...trouble...

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 am Reply with quote

HOLY MOLE!!! Now that's what I need! I like how the helmet was printed along with the thigh and other stuff, but how sturdy is the chinguard?

RB 2850

award ED-209 hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Looking great, as usual Wink

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:08 am Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, here is the whole left leg printed and glued together. The pieces of course still need to be finished, and there is some extra details I want to add to them but overall a great base to work with. I'm starting to print the right leg as we speak and the printer is pretty much going 24/7 at this point. Hoping to have everything printed in a couple weeks so I could start the overhaul/clean up process.

IMG_5919 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_5923 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

Flex PLA for the gloves was a no-go, it was flexible but not enough to make it wearable. I'm going to just print the glove in PLA and make it work similar to how an iron man glove works. I might make a mold later and cast in latex but that's in the maybe category at this point. More progress to come soon.

RB 1132

MattgomeryBurns
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:25 am Reply with quote

pchrisbosh1 :
Flex PLA for the gloves was a no-go, it was flexible but not enough to make it wearable. I'm going to just print the glove in PLA and make it work similar to how an iron man glove works. I might make a mold later and cast in latex but that's in the maybe category at this point. More progress to come soon.

Have you considered Ninjaflex? I have a pair of gloves getting printed in that material.

Here are some resources to explore:

3D printed hockey gloves: http://www.3ders.org/articles/20151112-student-makes-hockey-safer-with-3d-printed-antimicrobial-hockey-glove.html

XRobots' Iron Man flexible knee sections: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94G0Fgpyd5c&feature=youtu.be&t=5m57s

RB 217

hamburger
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:48 am Reply with quote

Awesome! Things seem to come along quite quickly with these 3D printers!

RB 2548

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:49 pm Reply with quote

MattgomeryBurns :
pchrisbosh1 :

Have you considered Ninjaflex? I have a pair of gloves getting printed in that material.

3D printed hockey gloves: http://www.3ders.org/articles/20151112-student-makes-hockey-safer-with-3d-printed-antimicrobial-hockey-glove.html

XRobots' Iron Man flexible knee sections: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94G0Fgpyd5c&feature=youtu.be&t=5m57s

I was considering ninjaflex but it's not entirely user friendly with personal 3d printers and the print quality isn't that good compared to your standard PLA or ABS that's why I opted out for tryng Flex PLA. Also Ninjaflex is really expensive and considering it's expensive and the print quality would be low since the rubber doesn't pick up the fine details as good as PLA, I decided not to use it or try it. Also the filament is far to glossy for my taste. It might print better with the commercial printers the large companies are using but again that would be too expensive.

I'm really trying to make this as budget friendly as possible but still make the suit look great in the end.

RB 1132

MattgomeryBurns
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:41 pm Reply with quote

pchrisbosh1 :
MattgomeryBurns :
pchrisbosh1 :

I was considering ninjaflex but it's not entirely user friendly with personal 3d printers and the print quality isn't that good compared to your standard PLA or ABS that's why I opted out for tryng Flex PLA. Also Ninjaflex is really expensive and considering it's expensive and the print quality would be low since the rubber doesn't pick up the fine details as good as PLA, I decided not to use it or try it. Also the filament is far to glossy for my taste. It might print better with the commercial printers the large companies are using but again that would be too expensive.

I'm really trying to make this as budget friendly as possible but still make the suit look great in the end.

Gotcha! Yeah mine are being done by a 3D print company with commercial printers. I'll post a thread when they arrive to see how they compare. Good luck with yours!

RB 217

hamburger
pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:01 pm Reply with quote

Here's a video demo of how the suit is going to run in the suit. The start up sound at the beginning of the video will also be the start up sound effect of the suit when turned on and the hum will also play in the background while the other sound effects play when walking/turning (Conveying how it was in the film). This is pretty much exactly how it will sound when everything is wire up correctly in the suit except it will be much louder, I'll probably also add a couple more sound fx later like the over the top door opening sounds in the first film etc.... Hope you guys enjoy.

https://youtu.be/Tbskh9LlZxw

RB 1132

talizman
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:55 am Reply with quote

Watching this build with great interest....

Approximately how many (hundred) hours will the files take to print?

RB 4

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote

AMAZING work! The sound effects are a GREAT touch. I want to do exactly this for my suit.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard